We Need Pressure!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Need Pressure!!!

With the lack of pressure on the Qb is starting to make people think that Champ Bailey isnt what he use to be. Im a huge Champ Bailey fan and it upsets me to see people talkin about how he getting too old or how we should try and trade him. The past two years Bailey's numbers havent been the same but only because of the lack of pressure on the Qb. Even the greats cant cover a Wr forever. So I say we must use our first round draft pick on the front line. Im suggesting we find a way to get Bj Raji, who has dominated the middle and creates chaos on the Qb. He is known for putting the pressure on the Qb even if he doesnt sack the QB. If we dont get him i say we go for DE/OLB Brian Orakpo. This man is a straight up monster. He isnt shy of telling people that he is a beast either. He reminds me so much of a joey porter with that cocky attitude but can back it up. This man is pure muscle and speed which is always a great combo.

I think everyone here agrees that Denver needs to get more pressure , sacks and int's.

Orakpo and Everette are arguably the 2 best at it.

Comment

Im more eager to get pressure first!! Pressure will lead to Int

Comment

I don't think you need to worry. I'm sure we're looking hard at Raji and Orakpo, as well as Peria Jerry. Also at DE/OLB hybrids who have speed and strength and can rush the passer (like Everett Brown).

I'm sure management shares your concerns. Now if we don't draft a NT or a DT or an OLB/DE with our #1 pick, we'll probably draft a quality OLB (Cushing, Mathews). And then you can tell yourself that mgmt. saw a greater need at OLB and the FA's we picked up are preceived as solid.

Comment

I'm also fan of Champ but yes, he is getting old. Rivers owned him even when he had less than 3 seconds to throw the ball. And there is no doubt that we will try to fix the front seven through the draft. We stll have a chance that either Everette Brown or B.J. Raji will be available at #12. I was hoping we would draft Knowshon Moreno to improve the mediocre efficiency of our offense, and then we would focus the other picks on defense. But now it is almost certain that we won't have this approach.
          sigpic

Comment

it is a combination of champ getting old and lack of pressure that led to the current decline
            sigpic

Comment

I'm surprised that more people don't want OLB Zach Follett from Cal. He may be there in the third or fourth round and is an absolute beast.

I really like his nonstop motor and hard hitting; he could be a great pickup for a team like us.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-o-Lantern View Post
                I'm surprised that more people don't want OLB Zach Follett from Cal. He may be there in the third or fourth round and is an absolute beast.

I really like his nonstop motor and hard hitting; he could be a great pickup for a team like us.
                But do you think we would be a good 3-4 OLB in the NFL? Or he would be better as an ILB?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...009&genpos=OLB
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                  I'm also fan of Champ but yes, he is getting old. Rivers owned him even when he had less than 3 seconds to throw the ball. And there is no doubt that we will try to fix the front seven through the draft. We stll have a chance that either Everette Brown or B.J. Raji will be available at #12. I was hoping we would draft Knowshon Moreno to improve the mediocre efficiency of our offense, and then we would focus the other picks on defense. But now it is almost certain that we won't have this approach.
                  rivers owned him because champ was hurt not because he's old. Champ still has a lot game left. before he was hurt he played fine and he will be just fine this season if he doesnt get hurt again.

plus we had no run defense and champ played in dumb ass slowiks scheme. Nolan should be a much better defensive coordinator then slowik. if champ has another down year next season then ill chalk it up to him slowing down but for now he's still our champ

Comment

For the Defensive scheme we are going to run I dont think we are lacking players that can apply pressure to the QB. I think we need people who can take up some blocks so those players can actually get to the QB. If I was in control my big board would be Raji, Orakapo...but I think both will be gone by 12. I really think Tyson Jackson is our guy, and I would take him over Brown anyday. With Dumervil, Moss, and Crowder most likely moving to OLB, I think we need some players to stop the run and take up blocks...thats why my vote goes for us taking Tyson Jackson.
                    New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      But do you think we would be a good 3-4 OLB in the NFL? Or he would be better as an ILB?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...009&genpos=OLB
                      Zach Follett thrived as an OLB in the 3-4 in college; putting up better numbers than the USC Linebackers within the same division. He is diverse enough to play ILB in a 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4, but I think OLB is his bread and butter and think he will do good at the next level.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/838973.html

Zach Follett has a good nose for the ball, will play through pain and is also very good at putting pressure on the QB in the backfield. I believe he is underrated in this draft and would love for us to draft him in the third or fourth round.
                      Last edited by Jack-o-Lantern; 03-10-2009, 04:27 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

If we had decided to stick with the 4-3, I think Raji would be a great pick. But he won't dominate the QB or create chaos as a NT. That's not what you want out of a NT and it just won't happen. People who keep thinking that Raji will be the cure for our pass rush in a 3-4 are kidding themselves. Pass Rush in a 3-4 is generated by the OLB with support by the DEs. The NT is by nature a gap control guy who makes the guards help out the Center, and hopefully opens up a hole for a DE or LB to shoot through. Look at the Steelers defense. No one would disagree that Casey Hampton is one of the best NT in the league. Perhaps not the best, but if not the best, he's way up there. He had a whopping 22 tackles, only 13 of those solo, and only had 1 sack. Vince Wilfork, probably the best NT in the league, did much better on tackles at 66 but only had 2 sacks. You just aren't going to get a huge pass rush because of the NT. The OLBs and the DEs are the guys who really get to the QB and while the NT is the most important component in the 3-4 in stopping the run, it's the OLBs and DEs who dictate your pass rush. Everyone in love with Raji needs to keep in mind he was a 2 gap DT in a 4-3 for virtually all of his college career. I'm sure he can make the transition to a NT, but it won't be instant. It'll probably take through his third year before he starts to make an impact at the position.
                        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Working...
                        X