Robiskie could be a gem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robiskie could be a gem!

This might seem dumb at first but it's actually a good idea in the long run and especially for the short term, what if Denver takes a top defensive player with the 12 pick then in the second round get potentially the steal of the draft by taking Brian Robiskie from Ohio State University, Denver could lose Marshall for like 8 games or so, yeah they have Jabar Gaffney but wouldn't you rather have a 6'3 receiver with 4.5 speed, solid hands, and great knowledge of the game since his dad is the receivers coach of the falcons. He could come in and start while Marshall is suspended then could either dominate the slot or bump Eddie Royal inside and have possibly the best receiving trio in the NFL.

I hope we take WR in one of the first 3 rounds....I just want to get one of those safeties with our second round pick, but Robiskie is a stud.
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

I wouldn't mind Robiskie, but not in the 2nd, if he somehow fell to the 3rd he would be a great pick.

I am a Buckeyes fan and watch every game and I'll tell ya, Robiskie is a good reciever, but not an elite one. I question how he will handle physical corners in the pros and how well he takes contact. I think he'll have trouble getting seperation in the pros.

I really don't think he'll be anything more than a solid #2 or a slot guy!

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
        I question how he will handle physical corners in the pros and how well he takes contact. I

I really don't think he'll be anything more than a solid #2 or a slot guy!
        Pretty much same thing was said about Eddie Royal...and in McDaniels offense you don't need elite recievers to be successful.
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
          Pretty much same thing was said about Eddie Royal...and in McDaniels offense you don't need elite recievers to be successful.

Actually seperation was one of Royal's strength's coming out, look at his bench press results at the combine, they were ridiculous.

I figured Robiskie would work out well, but I'm tellin ya from watching him, he is not going to be anywhere near a #1 reciever so why would yu spend a pick on him in the 1st 2 rounds!

Comment

I actually am very high on Brian Robiskie. He's just that all-around player you look for. He's not going to be the flashy WR, but you know he will produce day-in and day-out. He's got superior hands and route-running ability with good speed to match. If we somehow made a trade with Detroit and ended up with their 3rd rounder, I would love to see us get Robiskie if he scrapes into the 3rd round. He could very well be the most polished WR of the draft, but I don't see him lasting out of the second-round at this point.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 15isSick View Post
              This might seem dumb at first but it's actually a good idea in the long run and especially for the short term, what if Denver takes a top defensive player with the 12 pick then in the second round get potentially the steal of the draft by taking Brian Robiskie from Ohio State University, Denver could lose Marshall for like 8 games or so, yeah they have Jabar Gaffney but wouldn't you rather have a 6'3 receiver with 4.5 speed, solid hands, and great knowledge of the game since his dad is the receivers coach of the falcons. He could come in and start while Marshall is suspended then could either dominate the slot or bump Eddie Royal inside and have possibly the best receiving trio in the NFL.

Robiskie and Kenny Britt are both going to be great. I could be happy with either of them. This would also make Marshall expendable if he continues to get in trouble. I think many people are ignoring offensive positions since the need for defense is so great. I wouldn't be surprised to see a WR/RB/Center taken in the first 3 rounds. Of the 3, I am hoping for Unger or Wood at center.
              sigpic

Comment

Can't see a Center early.....

With the depth at Center and their familiarity with the running game techniques, why draft a center in the first three rounds? With Casey Wiegmann, Ben Hamilton, and Kory Lichtensteiger already experienced and quite capable there is just no need to use such a valuable draft pick at the center position. The defense has so many proven holes that all the picks could be used for improvement on that side of the ball.

Comment

Robskie scares me because I can't decide if he will be able to seperate from
                  guys in the NFL. He doesn't do a great job of fighting off physical guys and
                  while his speed isn't bad, it's not fast enough to just run away from defenders.

He does run good routes and cuts nicely so he could lose the DB there, but at
                  the same time he won't lose #1 or maybe even #2 CBs that way.
                  Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

I guess many of you don't remember what the huge nock/risk on Packers WR Greg Jennings was when he was coming out of college.

Robiskie seems to be a very close comparison to Jennings, everyone said Jennings would have trouble getting separation in the NFL and he wasn't a #1 WR, well it seems to me has has proven himself rather well so far. This is just something to keep in mind.

Comment

he will be a gem i like this guy i hope we can pick him up
                      Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado69 View Post
                        With the depth at Center and their familiarity with the running game techniques, why draft a center in the first three rounds? With Casey Wiegmann, Ben Hamilton, and Kory Lichtensteiger already experienced and quite capable there is just no need to use such a valuable draft pick at the center position. The defense has so many proven holes that all the picks could be used for improvement on that side of the ball.
                        That is my point, just the opposite though. If one of those 3 gets injured who plays backup? Last year Licht played backup at all 3 spots. The only other interior linemen on the team are players that were signed of someone else's practice squad or UDFA out of college. that isn't much to base the Oline on. Kuper, Weigmann, hamilton, and Licht are the only 4 guys I would trust to play the 3 interior positions. Next years center class is no where near as good as the top 3 players this year. Why not take a solid center when we can, especially if he is BPA. With Wood, Unger, or Mack, the Oline is set for a good 7 or 8 years putting Licht in at OG for Hamilton when he is done. Hamilton has 1 more year left on his contract and will be 33 at the end of it. He has had concussion issues and missed whole seasons. He played fairly well last year but I don't see him being resigned to a long term deal next year. Hamilton AND Weigmann could be gone next year or the year after. It would be better to take someone now to come in next year with a year of experience. I'm not saying they will, just that's it's a possibility.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                          Actually seperation was one of Royal's strength's coming out, look at his bench press results at the combine, they were ridiculous.

I figured Robiskie would work out well, but I'm tellin ya from watching him, he is not going to be anywhere near a #1 reciever so why would yu spend a pick on him in the 1st 2 rounds!

Despite his upper-body strength, he struggles to avoid getting a clean release vs. press coverage, which causes him to get redirected in his routes too often for a player with his power...

This is from NFL.com draft profile analysis before the draft.

link if you want it. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2008/profil...e-tab-analysis
                          New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                            Despite his upper-body strength, he struggles to avoid getting a clean release vs. press coverage, which causes him to get redirected in his routes too often for a player with his power...

This is from NFL.com draft profile analysis before the draft.

link if you want it. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2008/profil...e-tab-analysis
                            Despite that profile many people thought one of Royal's strengths was beating press coverage. Shanahan said he was the best at it in the draft. As a rookie he had 960 yards I believe, he couldn't be all that bad at it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Trust me, Royal is my favorite offensive player we have...and I was very happy when we drafted him...I'm kinda a VA Tech Fan. I was just pointing out what I had read on him and saying how predraft knocks on people arent always correct. Read the whole thread.
                              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Working...
                              X