X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VABronco37 View Post
    good try there but problemmmm
    Landry Safety...
    That means Hill or Dawkins would have to be on bench....
    So major conflict there...
    But this "could" happen

Denver gets:
    2009 1st rd pick
    2010 1st rd pick
    Chris Cooley

Washingotn gets:
    Jay Cutler
    48th Pick
    I think benching Hill wouldnt be an issue. And if you wouldnt take Landry over Hill, then there is no way they would take Cooley over Scheffler. yes Cooley is better but they have the same skill set.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Botan View Post
      Teams that pick up Cutler are going to be getting a proven solid player at the most important position in football, with the tools and potential to be elite.[/B]
      O... K.... "proven solid player"? Sorry to pop yr. bubble, but Miss JayC has a lonnnnnng way to go to prove himself as "solid." A "solid" QB has skin thick enough to shake off mistakes and criticism. A "solid" QB doesn't let defenses get to his head and falter. A "solid" QB doesnt continuously make the same mistakes over and over again, like focusing in on his primary target all the freaking time.

and a "solid" QB will have the professionalism to return his boss's phone calls.

John Elway was a "proven solid player", as was/is Brady, Favre, the Mannings, etc etc

It's like all of these clowns that call JC a "franchise" QB. Uh, "potential" franchise QB is more appropo here...
      Last edited by Sequence; 04-02-2009, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Chris Mortenson reported at least a dozen teams are interested in JAY. This should mean that the price should skyrocket for him. We should should get alot more than 1st round this and next and Cooley. First of all HELL NO to Cooley and HELL no to trading 48th away as well. Only give Cutler. Do not give away any picks we have... We need more picks not fewer. keep all of ours and scavange away some for Cutler.

I am telling you, with as many teams (reported) inerested, this should get wonderful for us. Alot more than just 2 picks and a mediocre player.
        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
          How about.... we DON'T trade Jay Cutler.

Yes? Yes?

Good....
          Just stop now.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
            Chris Mortenson reported at least a dozen teams are interested in JAY. This should mean that the price should skyrocket for him. We should should get alot more than 1st round this and next and Cooley. First of all HELL NO to Cooley and HELL no to trading 48th away as well. Only give Cutler. Do not give away any picks we have... We need more picks not fewer. keep all of ours and scavange away some for Cutler.

I am telling you, with as many teams (reported) inerested, this should get wonderful for us. Alot more than just 2 picks and a mediocre player.
            Dude, you are right on the money. Cutler is realistically worth 2 first round picks. That is all. But as you said, with 12 teams interested, we will get so much more for him. I wouldnt be surprised to see us end up with 3 first rounders, 2 seconds and a slew of players. Its not unheard of. Look what Mike Ditka did to get Ricky Williams, he gave up his ENTIRE draft and a first the next year I believe. That was for an unproven rookie RUNNINGBACK. Im serious, you watch. Cutler being traded will be the best thing that ever happened to this organization.

Comment

• I wonder?

Are Denver fans so excited because:

1. They could get huge compensation.
              2. They are getting rid of a QB who can't win more than 50% of the time.

Start winning games and then maybe he can be considered a franchise QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoop1 View Post
                Amazing!

Broncos management is gonna get too greedy and end up with this guy sitting on the bench complaining and watching Simms toss interceptions. EVERYONE knows this guy wants out of Denver. Because of all the public bickering his value's dropped considerably!

Two first rounders? LOL!!! Better stock up on Kleenex cause Cutler and the fans will be needing it.

I say leave the crybaby in Denver!
                This is a joke right? His value won't go down no matter how much you hope it will. I'll be laughing at you after the Broncos haul in first rounders or more. And by first rounders I don't necessarily mean two this year. It'll probably be one this year, one next year. Or a first rounder and something equivalent to one.

O... K.... "proven solid player"? Sorry to pop yr. bubble, but Miss JayC has a lonnnnnng way to go to prove himself as "solid." A "solid" QB has skin thick enough to shake off mistakes and criticism. A "solid" QB doesn't let defenses get to his head and falter. A "solid" QB doesnt continuously make the same mistakes over and over again, like focusing in on his primary target all the freaking time.

and a "solid" QB will have the professionalism to return his boss's phone calls.

John Elway was a "proven solid player", as was/is Brady, Favre, the Mannings, etc etc

It's like all of these clowns that call JC a "franchise" QB. Uh, "potential" franchise QB is more appropo here...
                John Elway, Peyton Manning, Brady and Favre were "Solid"? No. They weren't solid, they were special. My whole point is that Jay Cutler is Solid, with the potential to be special.

I'm not arguing that Cutler right now hasn't made some mistakes, and not returning your boss's call back is a big one. If teams were trading for great attitude and leadership, then Chad Pennington would have been worth more than he was last year. No, they're trading for that rocket arm, great footwork, great mobility, and above average accuracy.

Why do you think people like T.O have gotten so many chances? Its not because he's a nice guy, its because he's dominant at his position, which is what Cutler can be.

I guess I don't really know how to explain this anymore to people that don't understand it.

I'll just link yet another article and something off of rotoworld.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL
                "The Jets spent Wednesday formulating a plan to acquire Jay Cutler via trade, according to the NY Daily News.
                The Daily News seconds ESPN's report that Denver hasn't asked for a QB in a trade package, and says Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum is "prepared" for a bidding war. The Jets may have to substantially outbid the rest of the league, however, because they play in the AFC and are the best team involved."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...out_bronc.html
                Last edited by Botan; 04-02-2009, 11:45 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yoop1 View Post
                  I wonder?

Are Denver fans so excited because:

1. They could get huge compensation.
                  2. They are getting rid of a QB who can't win more than 50% of the time.

Start winning games and then maybe he can be considered a franchise QB.
                  Stop trolling. This isn't me excited at all. I'm pretty disappointed with this situation as a whole.

I'm splitting this right down the middle. The win percentage criticism is a little fair, but not entirely.

Cutler his first full season played most of that season with an untreated disease, a pretty bad defense, pretty bad running game, and an average WR core.

His second full season, he played the whole season with an inconsistent running game, one of the worst defenses of all time, and a great WR core.

Do I think Cutler choked in a few games he could have won, or lead this team to? Yep.

Do I think that 17-20 record is all his doing? That's pretty much laughable for anyone to think so.

Without Cutler we would have been a 5-11 team we were 8-8, with Peyton Manning, or Tom brady, we would have been 10-6 or better. If you're going to troll there is a section for that. "Smack Section"
                  sigpic

Comment

• I hope they let this drag on for at least a couple weeks. I hope Bowlen realizes how much he can get for Cutler by letting the competition go at it. If he lets this turn into a bidding war watch out. Idk though, Snyder is agressive and has already stated he wants to trade cambell for a 2nd rounder. If he doesnt get Cutler maybe he ruins the relationship with campbell. Hes gonna dump everything for cutler.

Comment

• Wanted to bump this because I wasn't sure if anybody had read my trade idea yet.
                      sigpic
                      Made by Houshmazode

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                        Wanted to bump this because I wasn't sure if anybody had read my trade idea yet.
                        Would love that trade. At this point I have no idea whats realistic as far as a 3 way trade goes though. I think Ive read somewhere recently that Cooley's cap number make it impossible to trade him.
                        We will get a 2 first round pick type compensation, that's all I'm sure of.

I also think despite what some Browns fans on this board feel, that Quinn does have a good chance of being gone. That new regime doesn't seem to feel to high on him from what I can tell.

If that trade did happen we would have:

Our big NT
                        A QB to compete with Simms - we could pick up a mid rounder after that
                        A high enough pick to maybe pick up Curry, Orakpo, Rajii or Gasp even Crabtree( I'd love to see bronco fans freak out about this)

Then we could either use the 12th on another defensive player, a running back or trade down.
                        Last edited by Botan; 04-02-2009, 12:12 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• No one is worth it

My fellow fans, in my humble opinion, Jay is worth more than anyone of these scenarios I keep reading about. I personally believe we are only two or three years away from a SB title. Getting rid of our best player is only going to set us back. ESPN reported Jay said he doesnt want to be traded and didnt think it would come to this. HELLO!!!!! Pick up the flippin phone, get on a plane Pat Bowlen and fix this mess once and for all. We are in danger of being a bad team for a long time. I dont like the new management. McDaniels should be terminated and go back to New England with the rest of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by kutulu810 View Post
                            My fellow fans, in my humble opinion, Jay is worth more than anyone of these scenarios I keep reading about. I personally believe we are only two or three years away from a SB title. Getting rid of our best player is only going to set us back. ESPN reported Jay said he doesnt want to be traded and didnt think it would come to this. HELLO!!!!! Pick up the flippin phone, get on a plane Pat Bowlen and fix this mess once and for all. We are in danger of being a bad team for a long time. I dont like the new management. McDaniels should be terminated and go back to New England with the rest of them.
                            he didnt want a trade?????? HE DEMANDED TO BE TRADED. God I am so sick of these cutler cry baby fan club members. The dude asked to be gone. Never once tried to mend things, and didnt show up for voluntary workouts. And now he says he didnt wanna be traded? And that he didnt know it would come to this? Sorry but Cutler, You are a dumbass. I say good riddance. This will be the best thing to ever happen to the broncos.

Comment

• i wish that they could just back peddle a little bit. Jay stated yesterday that he doesnt want to leave denver. they should just set up one last meeting and iron everything out.

i could live without jay but i would hate it if he went to washington... that is the worst possible scenario, especially if we got jason cambell in return. jcambell is horrible. i would much rather have colt brennan

Comment

• i want to keep cutler but i want definitely somin good 4 him

Comment

Working...
                                X