No announcement yet.

Possible Cutler Trades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Botan;2681969] This isn't me excited at all. The win percentage criticism is a little fair, but not entirely.

Do I think Cutler choked in a few games he could have won, or lead this team to? Yep.

Do I think that 17-20 record is all his doing? That's pretty much laughable for anyone to think so.

Without Cutler we would have been a 5-11 team we were 8-8, with Peyton Manning, or Tom brady, we would have been 10-6 or better.QUOTE]

So you are happy sticking with a just above average Qb and hoping a better D will change his winning ways? A just above average QB will always be just that.
    With a new coach comes new expectations, and learning a new system. Apparently this coach felt that he would be better without Cutler. This "kid" coach tried to go about getting a quarterback that he liked. Thats basically saying to the current QB; "sorry but I want somebody running this offense that can win and I'm not confident that its you".

New coaches want to come in and win so they can keep their jobs. This coach feels like he needs somebody different to keep his job. Accept the fact that he's just above average, trade him, and be happy with whatever you can get.

Comment

• Jason Campbell

I love this guy i have looked at his stats and his highlight reel and he will be better than cutler i know it. :cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by yoop1 View Post
        Originally posted by Botan View Post
        This isn't me excited at all. The win percentage criticism is a little fair, but not entirely.

Do I think Cutler choked in a few games he could have won, or lead this team to? Yep.

Do I think that 17-20 record is all his doing? That's pretty much laughable for anyone to think so.

Without Cutler we would have been a 5-11 team we were 8-8, with Peyton Manning, or Tom brady, we would have been 10-6 or better.

So you are happy sticking with a just above average Qb and hoping a better D will change his winning ways? A just above average QB will always be just that.
        With a new coach comes new expectations, and learning a new system. Apparently this coach felt that he would be better without Cutler. This "kid" coach tried to go about getting a quarterback that he liked. Thats basically saying to the current QB; "sorry but I want somebody running this offense that can win and I'm not confident that its you".

New coaches want to come in and win so they can keep their jobs. This coach feels like he needs somebody different to keep his job. Accept the fact that he's just above average, trade him, and be happy with whatever you can get.
        My argument isn't that he's more than above average right now. My argument is that teams are paying what he could turn into. My main complaint with Cutler is in fact that he seems from a lot of sources too nonchalant. He loves football, but from what I understand he has "Cliques" in the locker room.

The reason I want him in Denver is that I believe he can grow into more of a leader role.

However, IF he doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him here. If he wants out then why would I want him here playing for the franchise I love?. I believe that McDaniels, Bowlen, our GM, Cutlers Camp have all made HUGE mistakes in this mess.

If we do move Cutler now however, and get a lot out of it, as I expect I'll be mildly okay with it.

Just because you think he's above average, doesn't mean a crazy owner like Snyder isn't going to sell the farm for him.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kutulu810 View Post
          My fellow fans, in my humble opinion, Jay is worth more than anyone of these scenarios I keep reading about. I personally believe we are only two or three years away from a SB title. Getting rid of our best player is only going to set us back. ESPN reported Jay said he doesnt want to be traded and didnt think it would come to this. HELLO!!!!! Pick up the flippin phone, get on a plane Pat Bowlen and fix this mess once and for all. We are in danger of being a bad team for a long time. I dont like the new management. McDaniels should be terminated and go back to New England with the rest of them.
          They've picked up the phone. The reports recently have been that Jay won't return Bowlen's or McDaniels' calls. If Cutler won't talk, there's no way to fix anything. I still blame Bus Cook for this ****. He's such a ******-nozzle.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hmmm im not a fan of Jason Cambell coming here. For McDaniels system to succeed, he needs a quarterback with an average arm and good decision making. Sure Cambell has a rocket arm, but his decision making is average at best.

In a shocking development, id like to see Colt Brennan thrown into the mix if the Redskins are the trade partners for Cutler.

Colt Brennan excelled in the spread offence ran in Hawaii. He broke 31 NCAA records during his time there. He is known as a very accurate QB with great decision making but average arm strength.

Im not saying he is the next best thing, however this "system" QB might be a better stop gap than anything else we get, and he could come for cheap.

McDaniels has a good history with lower round draft picks (Brady, Cassel) so why not another 6th round pick here?

Take all of Redskins draft picks this year, plus a few players and its Merry Christmas over in Dove Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
              Wanted to bump this because I wasn't sure if anybody had read my trade idea yet.
              Hate it.

In fact, I hate it more than the idea of Cutler becoming a Brown.

Chris Cooley does not want to be a Brown and has even stated so on his own website. So, based on just that for instance - why in their right mind would the Browns trade FOR him. Also, I do NOT want Jason Campbell in Cleveland.
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• What did I say?

Bears get Cutler, 5th round pick

Broncos get: 2009 first round pick, 2010 first round pick, 3rd rounder, and Kyle Orton.

Shazam.
                sigpic

Comment

• Why the Rush?

Don't you think CHI would have given more if we waited a week or so? Why the need to rush this trade?

Comment

• Well theres a chance we might have gotten less if we waited.

We needed to get this done, get Orton in camp and move forward.

Lets get some stud defenders with those picks as well.
                    A book I wrote

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      Don't you think CHI would have given more if we waited a week or so? Why the need to rush this trade?
                      I'm wondering the same thing? I would like to know what else was offered!

Comment

• To me... though... the dealbreaker:

1- you give us your second (if you want out first 5th)

or

2- you give us your third

Simple. This would be the deal breaker. We start the bidding with 2 first rounders. We also want a player.... We'll take Orhole. BUT, the last stipulation is stated above.

At the very least, give away the later 5th round pick.

Again, DAL gave DET a 1st (20th pick) and their 3rd rounder for Roy Williams (an aging #2 WR).

We are offering our a 26 yr-old, franchise QB, signed at a reasonable price for the next 3 years.

I really do think we could have got that 2nd, or kept our 5th, if we didn;t have a tool from ATL (Xanders) and a rookie, inexperienced coach.

This could have gone done tomorrow.... sleep on it. Over the weekend... PLEASE, CHI would have kept this deal on the table.

Let them start getting itchy.

That's what makes this deal for me.... fact we had to give up our 1st fifth round pick and settled for their third.

The 99th pick doesn't really do much for me. SO, what 3rd did we get? their 85th or their 99th? They have 2 3rd round picks.

Comment

• CHI has 2 thirds... whcih one did we get?

CHI has 2 3rd round picks: 85 and 99.

Why do I fear we settled for 99?

Comment

• I highly doubt Cutler goes there until he gets a new contract. This all seemed to be about the money. Chicago better dish out the $$ now.

As for this deal, it's amazing. 4 1st rounders over 2 years.... Build a championship team through defense, not offense. We basically turned an 11th round pick into all of this.

Comment

• we actually got the 84th or was it 85th
                              sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Comment

• We sent a third from the early reports - but I see it changed to us getting the 84th (I don't think the 99 can be traded) and we send a 5th.
                                Last edited by dukes88; 04-02-2009, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X