No RB needed in this yrs. draft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No RB needed in this yrs. draft.

We already have our featured back in Torain mark my words. This guy if he stays healthy will be a great one!
    sigpic
    "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
    Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Nobody is questioning Torain's talent, but that "IF" you talk about. "IF" he can stay healthy, that's the scary part

^Freyaka^

Signature Courtesy of B4Bronco6

Comment

I think the Lions win a Super Bowl before Torain stays healthy.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        I think the Lions win a Super Bowl before Torain stays healthy.
        I'll take that bet.
        sigpic
        "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
        Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

LOL All Pain No Gain Ryan Torain.

But I agree don't draft a RB.
          Hey Fisherman Heres ans awesome website with tons of info and Forums www.Coloradofisherman.comApril Fools

Comment

Fail

Comment

Torain is the reason we'd not draft a RB??? If that's not Mike Shanahan speaking I don't know what is. I can see not spending #12 on an RB but let's not get someone like Andre Brown or Glen Coffee in the later rounds because we have a guy that was actually on the field for maybe 3 minutes before another injury?

I guess finishing up the year with the 8th string RB who was selling phones is a reason not to sure up that position.
              - a Bronocs fan preparing for the dark times.

He who permits himself to tell a lie once, finds it much easier to do it a second and third time, till at length it becomes habitual. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I agree with the post just above me that says we should get Andre Brown for a few reasons...

He's a home run threat
                He's a great receiving back
                He's gonna be a steal for the Blue and Orange!!!

And i think i have our draft picks figured out. It addresses every need, and i have 2 more free agents and itll be all good for 09 for sure

rd1- tyson jackson - 3-4 end, good vs run
                rd2- patrick chung - will compete for SS and learn from Dawkins
                rd3- chris baker - big NT with little recognition
                rd4- andre brown - look above
                rd5a- daniel holtzclaw - tackling machine ILB
                rd5b- kevin barnes - tall, speedy Maryland corner
                rd6- jamarko simmons - big WR, like b-marsh (on the field)
                rd7- alex boone - OSU OT, great in any scheme

FA #1- Eric Ghiaciuc - C, interior line depth
                FA #2- Floyd "Pork-Chop" Womack - G, ditto as Eric
                --Representing the Broncos in the 605-- Adopted Bronco: Gerell Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBoy2012 View Post
                  I agree with the post just above me that says we should get Andre Brown for a few reasons...

He's a home run threat

And i think i have our draft picks figured out. It addresses every need, and i have 2 more free agents and itll be all good for 09 for sure

I like everything about your draft except Chung - I'm just not sold on his cover ability and I for one believe we need a better cover saftey to groom

I also agree with the Andre Brown pick

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBoy2012 View Post

He's a home run threat

Andre won't be there in round 4, would need to spend at least a 3rd on him I think. Coffee would be, and that guy can run (not just because I'm a Tide Alum) and he ran against the best D's in the country in the SEC, split time with 1 or 2 other runners (who were pretty good, not because he couldn't handle the load)

Here's Coffee's stats from last year...233 att / 1,383 yds / 5.9 yds per carry / long of 87 and 10 TD's he had 16 receptions for 118 yds and a TD...And one more...0 fumbles!!!
                    - a Bronocs fan preparing for the dark times.

He who permits himself to tell a lie once, finds it much easier to do it a second and third time, till at length it becomes habitual. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Torain sucks you people need to have patience this Draft is all about re-working our D with time we will Draft that elusive Franchise RB that we still lack im 1000% sure we will not draft a RB in this years Draft even tho all the ones we have are Scrubs Tatum Bell was a much better RB than any that we have singed this offseason but with time that Franchise RB will come
                      Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
                        We already have our featured back in Torain mark my words. This guy if he stays healthy will be a great one!
                        re not drafting a RB this year, not a chance. :go: despite the IMO sketchy FA signings and the mediocre fodder that heldover, we will draft a RB sometime in the first 3 rounds this year. And I applaud this. It will be the most durable, pass-catching, talented tailback on the board. And it will be the kind of player that can help our D stay off the field.

I dont think it'll be Moreno. But it could be Donald Brown. He fits the McD/NE sys perfectly, and has superb game instincts like Hillis. The ?? with Brown is that U Conn players have not fared well in the NFL, but Id still take him. Or Pat White.

(I bet last year if someone wouldve snagged Clady before 12 and J Stewart was there, the broncos wouldve taken him)

Comment

Originally posted by Edge View Post
                          Nobody is questioning Torain's talent, but that "IF" you talk about. "IF" he can stay healthy, that's the scary part
                          Agreed. I think he starts the year on the P-Squad to show he can stay healthy. If he can, we bring him up.

Comment

if theres any thoughts about us getting a rb in the draft this year, they should be squashed. You want a rb, wait till next year and trade for Maurice Jones-Drew
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                            X