Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos sign Scott Young to compete for starting spot

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3978280

Seems like Ben Hamilton is getting replaced IMO.

He's not very good. He's not a threat to Hamilton. He might be a threat to Kory Lichtensteiger though, but I think Young can make the team as the 3rd OG. It's more likely he's just a camp body though.

We did need a 3rd OG.

Comment

If we keep the ZBS he is nothing more than camp fodder... If we go to a MBS then god help us
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

He's a scrub. 1st round cut. But you gotta have SOME campers to cut, right? If I was Hamilton, I would take this as GOOD news. They haven't brought in anyone that SERIOUSLY threatens his job, so they clearly have no intention of replacing anyone on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum View Post
          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3978280

Seems like Ben Hamilton is getting replaced IMO.
          Agreed. Hamilton's days as a Bronco are at an end. Lichtensteiger will probably be the LG/B-Up C and Young will be depth at RG behind Kuper. Young is very strong, quick, and intelligent and plays with intensity and a desire to hit people. He's a solid signing at 3OG and much better then Murray and McChesney. The only question left on our OL is at B-Up RT/G: Erickson, Oldenburg or another signing.

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
            Agreed. Hamilton's days as a Bronco are at an end. Lichtensteiger will probably be the LG/B-Up C and Young will be depth at RG behind Kuper. Young is very strong, quick, intelligent and plays with intensity and a desire to hit people. He's a solid signing at 3OG and much better then Murray and McChesney. The only question left on our OL is at B-Up RT/G: Erickson, Oldenburg or another signing.
            I think Hamilton will play the year out but I believe this is the last year of his contract and don't expect him to be re-signed. I am predicting the Broncos draft a center in rounds 2-4. Someone like Unger, Mack, Wood or Caldwell. Lichtensteiger will take over for Hamilton next year and the new center will replace Weigmann when he retires. Just an idea but I think it has merit.
            sigpic

Comment

I dont think Scott Young was picked up with the expectation of unseating Hamilton. He hasn't been much good elsewhere, and he's not a zone blocking scheme fit.

On a postive note about him. He benched 225 43 times. Perhaps they'd like to evaluate whate he can do in short yardage situations.

Comment

Working...
              X