Whys everyone so down on us??? Its laughable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whys everyone so down on us??? Its laughable

Alot of ppl here are the typical doom and gloom every year ppl and its a bit annoying. Like we will lose loads of games because of the schedule, like we can't beat any good teams and the Chargers are by far the best.

I have even heard how we will be bottom of the div and the Chiefs and Raiders will come from no where to go ahead of us???

I'm not saying all this can't happen but have a little faith, I'm realistic and I can only see us going in the right direction.

Belicheck, the NE players and alot of ppl seem to havea great deal of respect for McDaniels and they sat he has a great young mind, we also have Nolan who has been at one of the best D's in Baltimore and a respectable one in SF.

Last year the whole division was poor. SD won the div. on a tiebreaker but who cares when you're both 8-8 and no one was going anywhere but dumped out the playoffs and not really deserving to be there in the first place.

We had a good O and have added some powerful RB's along with Hiliis coming back. No one knows if Cutler was thought about being traded or not and that will blow over IMO.

We have picked up some solid players on D and have solidified the backfield and the inside of the 3-4 looks pretty good.

We need to find an OLB pass rusher and solidify the DL but we have the draft and other FA time for that.

We went 8-8 with RB's going down everywhere and the worst D in the league.

Now we have some solid players on D, a good DC who knows how to run the 3-4 and what looks like a good HC, although time will tell.

I think we're moving in the right direction.

Generally, I'm with you.

People react so strongly to everything.

And well, the people who post just happen to be the ones who react.

If that's 5% of the fanbase, that's a lot of people posting about something.

But this whole business with Cutler has tremendously high stakes. It has me a bit worried. Will I have to watch Cutler play somewhere else? Will our offense succeed with McDaniels? Can they patch it all up?

Will our defense improve through all of this?

There are a lot of unanswered questions. Can't help but expect some emotional reactions by our fan base.

I, personally, wish this never came up.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl View Post
      Generally, I'm with you.

People react so strongly to everything.

And well, the people who post just happen to be the ones who react.

If that's 5% of the fanbase, that's a lot of people posting about something.

But this whole business with Cutler has tremendously high stakes. It has me a bit worried. Will I have to watch Cutler play somewhere else? Will our offense succeed with McDaniels? Can they patch it all up?

Will our defense improve through all of this?

There are a lot of unanswered questions. Can't help but expect some emotional reactions by our fan base.

I, personally, wish this never came up.
      As for our D its already improved and will continue to through the draft, it can't get much worse!!!! lol

I agree with the Cutler situation, it would be horrible to trade him, I just can't see it happening.

I just think it gets blown over and theres a long time before the start of the season, it will get worked out in camp next week.

Comment

Yea for once I'd love to login to the boards withing having to sift through 30 "bring back shanny" "Fire McD" "cutlers a crybaby" ect... threads before reading 2-3 that are actually worth posting in.

Here's the way I look at it, if tomorow bowlen fires everyone and starts over or jay gets traded or whatever happens, who cares, it's still the broncos. I cheer for the team and even if we do end up sucking so what, life goes on and there will be winning again it may be this year it could be 2-3 years but regardless I know we WILL win again and we'll win a lot, I know this because we are a high calibur org. and because I have faith in pat, josh and all the rest of the leadership on this team to make the right decisions and bring us back to our winning ways and us adding or subtracting any player is not going to change the fact that this is the denver broncos we cheer for and we will be successful again.

To be honest with or without jay I really like our chances this year, we've made a lot of good moves on D and we still have the draft yet to come. I think McD has made some smart choices and in the end I think there is a high probability we'll be good under his leadership even if it isn't imediate. I plan on giving him at least 3 years before I am ready to say move on to the next guy. I honestly would have given shanny another 2-3 years if he'd have been willing to ditch our DC and bring in someone like nolan to radically change things (like the move to 3-4 which admitedly we were kinda sorta doing last year towards the end)
        Last edited by Freyaka; 03-15-2009, 12:16 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I think our secondary looks infinitely better but we really need to shore up our front seven. Let's hope that's pretty much all we draft.

Comment

Originally posted by dman444 View Post
            I think our secondary looks infinitely better but we really need to shore up our front seven. Let's hope that's pretty much all we draft.
            we will I'm betting we'll nab either BJ or brace which should make a massive difference, and I look for us to grab several other decent late round picks to shore things up.
            sigpic

Comment

Here's the way I look at it, if tomorow bowlen fires everyone and starts over or jay gets traded or whatever happens, who cares, it's still the broncos. I cheer for the team and even if we do end up sucking so what, life goes on and there will be winning again.

It may be this year it could be 2-3 years but regardless I know we WILL win again and we'll win a lot, I know this because we are a high caliber org. and because I have faith in pat, josh and all the rest of the leadership on this team to make the right decisions and bring us back to our winning ways and us adding or subtracting any player is not going to change the fact that this is the denver broncos we cheer for and we will be successful again.
              If you really believe that then fine! You refuse to hold management responsible for totally screwing things up! Well, NOT Me bub! I'm not willing to wait three years because they brought in a ROOKIE head coach who immediately blows up the team!

This defense was the worst in the NFL? Fine! Fix it!

Need to fire Shanahan and get a new coach who will fix it so the team can win some games without just trying to outscore everybody? Fine! Bring in McDaniels!

But, as far as I'M concerned Josh McDaniels does NOT get a free pass to totally destroy and rebuild the team from scratch! The OFFENSE didn't NEED rebuilding. IT was just fine the way it was and didn't need major changes! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

There's NO reason to try and trade Jay Cutler and bring in a one-year wonder like Matt Cassel. That was blindingly stupid! So NO! I DON'T have ANY confidence at all in what he's done so far, because all I see is the team going BACKWARDS!

Make some changes on defense? Good. WE're all with you? Try and trade the franchise QB? NO! And I don't want to hear any of you IDIOTS who think "Cutler hasn't won anything yet!" With that defense Peyton Manning wouldn't win anything either!

You'll all be singing a different tune if they trade Cutler and you get to watch Phil Simms as the starting QB next year!

If they trade Jay Cutler and bring in someone BETTER who will win MORE games then FINE! But, I don't see that player anywhere around? A ROOKIE who will be ready to lead this team to the playoffs in 2012?

WHY the HELL should I have to wait till then when the team COULD have won immediately with Cutler and a better defense? Screw that!

Even that attempted trade could maybe work and maybe with Cassel, the Broncos could make a quick transition to the new offense.

But, then the trade BLEW up in his face! NO Cassel and a pissed off Cutler.

And he's refused to fix things with Cutler. A CONFERENCE CALL? Are you kidding me? Get your ASS out there to Tennessee and sit down and talk with him!

And don't give me any of the "Cutler's a baby crap!" Who cares?! It wasn't broke. You broke it? You own it! You fix it! McDaniels is supposed to be the adult here. Instead of playing "macho-man" he has to make things WORK! That's his job!

And that means handling temperamental players and getting them to produce. It's called MANAGEMENT! And you have to do that in any business!

I have NO confidence in McDaniels because he hasn't EARNED any! And I see him making HUGE mistakes and not fixing them!

If he shows some signs that he's ready to make things work with Jay then fine! I'll give him some respect.

But, make no mistake! Without Jay Cutler this team is the the Lions! NO QB and a CRAP defense = maybe 6 wins! TOPS.

IF that's what they want, then maybe I'll go to some games -- in 2012 or so!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                If you really believe that then fine! You refuse to hold management responsible for totally screwing things up! Well, NOT Me bub! I'm not willing to wait three years because they brought in a ROOKIE head coach who immediately blows up the team!

This defense was the worst in the NFL? Fine! Fix it!

Need to fire Shanahan and get a new coach who will fix it so the team can win some games without just trying to outscore everybody? Fine! Bring in McDaniels!

But, as far as I'M concerned Josh McDaniels does NOT get a free pass to totally destroy and rebuild the team from scratch! The OFFENSE didn't NEED rebuilding. IT was just fine the way it was and didn't need major changes! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

There's NO reason to try and trade Jay Cutler and bring in a one-year wonder like Matt Cassel. That was blindingly stupid! So NO! I DON'T have ANY confidence at all in what he's done so far, because all I see is the team going BACKWARDS!

Make some changes on defense? Good. WE're all with you? Try and trade the franchise QB? NO! And I don't want to hear any of you IDIOTS who think "Cutler hasn't won anything yet!" With that defense Peyton Manning wouldn't win anything either!

You'll all be singing a different tune if they trade Cutler and you get to watch Phil Simms as the starting QB next year!

If they trade Jay Cutler and bring in someone BETTER who will win MORE games then FINE! But, I don't see that player anywhere around? A ROOKIE who will be ready to lead this team to the playoffs in 2012?

WHY the HELL should I have to wait till then when the team COULD have won immediately with Cutler and a better defense? Screw that!

Even that attempted trade could maybe work and maybe with Cassel, the Broncos could make a quick transition to the new offense.

But, then the trade BLEW up in his face! NO Cassel and a pissed off Cutler.

And he's refused to fix things with Cutler. A CONFERENCE CALL? Are you kidding me? Get your ASS out there to Tennessee and sit down and talk with him!

And don't give me any of the "Cutler's a baby crap!" Who cares?! It wasn't broke. You broke it? You own it! You fix it! McDaniels is supposed to be the adult here. Instead of playing "macho-man" he has to make things WORK! That's his job!

And that means handling temperamental players and getting them to produce. It's called MANAGEMENT! And you have to do that in any business!

I have NO confidence in McDaniels because he hasn't EARNED any! And I see him making HUGE mistakes and not fixing them!

If he shows some signs that he's ready to make things work with Jay then fine! I'll give him some respect.

But, make no mistake! Without Jay Cutler this team is the the Lions! NO QB and a CRAP defense = maybe 6 wins! TOPS.

IF that's what they want, then maybe I'll go to some games -- in 2012 or so!
                OMG, Cugel, take a chill pill.

In case you don't remember, it was other teams calling McD about a trade. This happens every off season to teams. McD is the coach, he should not be chasing and bending over to ANY player. If that happens then there would be more players pulling that crapola. Cutler is not Elway, nor if he keeps this up will he ever be. McD is the boss, not you, not Cutler nor any player on the roster.

Where has Cutler been all this off season since the Pro Bowl? In Denver learning the new offense as a good leader should? NO! He has been in Nashville whining and crying. Cutler said he was looking forward to working with McD, but he has been conspicuously absent. Even before the trade rumors Cutler was nowhere to be found.

When Allen Iverson was in Philly and the trade to Detroit fell through, he turned around and did not whine or cry. He took Philly to the Finals to prove his value to the team. Cutler should be doing something like that. Prove he is the team leader and the main cog in the gears of the Denver Broncos. Not doing a T.O. impression.

Also, it's Chris Simms, not Phil Simms.
                "Those are my principals... if you don't like them, well, I have others" - Groucho Marx

"Having a Hell of a time my dear, wish you were here" - Alice Cooper

Comment

Working...
                X