Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew Stafford very similar to Jay Cutler don't you think.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matthew Stafford very similar to Jay Cutler don't you think.

    I know he can't compare to Jay with intangibles on the field, confidence (sometimes a bad thing) and especially arm strength but Matthew Stafford is a similar prospect in my eyes just by watching this video I can point a few out.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2nVLO39wB4 - video 1 (highlights)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e0S3...eature=related - video 2 (highlights)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l0OIqYkwz0 (highlights and lowlights)

    what do you think? I think he is a great prospect and I would not mind watching him as a Bronco if all hell breaks lose and we lose Cutler.

    btw I loved watching Cutler and he was one of my favorite players but it seems like its not going to end in our favor and if we got Detroit's #1 or something it could be an option.

    I dread having to re-develop a QB but damn we might have no choice. So before you say NO watch these videos he is going to be a nice pro.

    Don't even say Sanchez ...... he isn't close to the talent of Stafford IMO. I'd rather us draft Pat White over Sanchez



    PS I am not a Georgia fan matter fact I hate the Bulldogs lol and I wasn't a huge moreno fan as a prospect but seeing him on some of these screens wow the kids special.
    Last edited by The Dyna$ty; 03-16-2009, 02:53 AM.

  • #2
    I don't know what to think of Stafford. The guy seems to have all of the tools, but he scares me.

    He played with NFL caliber lineman, WR's and RB's and really didn't play up to the level on a consistant basis he should have.

    Cutler had hardly anything around him at Vandy, which made him such a great prospect.

    Both Stafford and Cutler's arm strength, mobility etc seem to be the same. But one just seems like a warrior, the other doesn't.

    Who knows.
    sigpic


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The Dyna$ty View Post
      I know he can't compare to Jay with intangibles on the field, confidence (sometimes a bad thing) and especially arm strength but Matthew Stafford is a similar prospect in my eyes just by watching this video I can point a few out.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2nVLO39wB4 - video 1 (highlights)

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e0S3...eature=related - video 2 (highlights)

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l0OIqYkwz0 (highlights and lowlights)

      what do you think? I think he is a great prospect and I would not mind watching him as a Bronco if all hell breaks lose and we lose Cutler.

      btw I loved watching Cutler and he was one of my favorite players but it seems like its not going to end in our favor and if we got Detroit's #1 or something it could be an option.

      I dread having to re-develop a QB but damn we might have no choice. So before you say NO watch these videos he is going to be a nice pro.

      Don't even say Sanchez ...... he isn't close to the talent of Stafford IMO. I'd rather us draft Pat White over Sanchez



      PS I am not a Georgia fan matter fact I hate the Bulldogs lol and I wasn't a huge moreno fan as a prospect but seeing him on some of these screens wow the kids special.
      Stafford is overated. I think Freeman will be a better QB, plus he can be has later in the 1st and assuming we deal Cutler to Detroit we can use that 1st pick to nab Curry then get Freeman later.....
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        If we got the first pick I say we grab Curry.....don't even think about passing on him......and dont waste a pick on a QB in this years draft......We got Simms hell even grab up Garcia or something! IMO I think we wait to draft a QB. However if we do I will support the QB who starts for us.

        Comment


        • #5
          Stafford is a legit NFL prospect that should be our main target when Jay is gone.

          I really don't think any trade for Jay Cutler is gonna involve the #1 pick. I'm thinking pick #20 will be involved along with some others, but I don't think Denver really wants the #1 pick.

          I'm thinkg the trade will involve #20 and #33 and maybe something next year. If this is the case we should keep a sharp eye, if Stafford falls out of the top 5 move up and grab him.

          1. If Detroit trades for Cutler, odviously Stafford is not an option.

          2. St. Louis very well could take Stafford, but I see them addressing O-Line 1st.

          3. KC traded for Cassel, they will not want Stafford.

          4. Seattle is a real option for Stafford. The Seahawks don't really have a whole lot of needs other than a future QB and OT, probably depends on what the teams ahead of them do.

          5. Cleveland will not take a QB.

          6. Cincy will not take a QB.

          7. Oakland will not take a QB.

          8. This is where we have to make our move. If Stafford falls to 8 we should try and move up becuase I have a feeling he will not get past San Fransisco and we know Ted Thompson and Green Bay is always looking to trade down so the Jets come into play at 9. By moving up to 8 we jump the gun and surprise everyone.

          Face it folks, Stafford is a Jay Cutler clone without the attitude. His arm is just as strong, he's just as nimble and mobile, same size, and commands control in the huddle.

          If in fact we do trade Jay, this is the kid I want. We should manuever to get him that Josh has his guy from day 1 that he can groom. We let Matt sit a year while Chris Simms leads the offense, by 2010 Stafford will be ready to STAR in this league!

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes stafford is an elite prospect, and yes he is in the same playing mold as Jay Cutler. But there would still have to be that two to three year learning curve for him to become acclimated to the NFL. However, I would still prefer him for the long haul over any QB available right now just because of his potential.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Sanchez is better than Stafford. Turns it over less and is more accurate. Plus, it's not like he has a noodle arm, even though arm strength is overrated. Maybe the most overrated attribute when talking about QB's.

              The fact that Stafford is very similar to Cutler is reason enough to believe McDaniels wouldn't draft him. If he did want a QB, Sanchez is way more likely. If he can make Cassel look like a Pro Bowl QB with no prior starting experience, just think of what he can do with Sanchez, who is undoubtedly more talented than Cassel.
              Last edited by Max Power; 03-16-2009, 09:12 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Sanchez is better than Stafford....

                First off they are both based on mere potential. Neither have had great years in college. Stafford atleast has years to rate in his career...but they arent that good. He struggles versus top rated teams and he has an erratic arm. I mean GO WATCH THE MICHIGAN STATE BOWL GAME. Its a perfect example. The guy looked like one of the worst QBs I have ever seen the first half, overthrowing everyone, and one pass by literally 20 yards. Then the second half he was money. But that was Michigan State. What did he do versus Florida, Alabama...he is not a top 10 QB, he has all the tools but Jay Cutler accomplished more at Vanderbilt. Georgia, sure had some injuries this year, but was stacked as a team, and they did nothing but play down to their opponents level. Stafford is not good and definitely not a good fit for the Broncos.
                New England Patriots GM

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Botan View Post
                  I don't know what to think of Stafford. The guy seems to have all of the tools, but he scares me.

                  He played with NFL caliber lineman, WR's and RB's and really didn't play up to the level on a consistant basis he should have.

                  Cutler had hardly anything around him at Vandy, which made him such a great prospect.

                  Both Stafford and Cutler's arm strength, mobility etc seem to be the same. But one just seems like a warrior, the other doesn't.

                  Who knows.
                  I agree almost 100% with you.
                  But one thing I did hear, is that Stafford love #7.
                  Not John but the number and has said where ever he goes, he would want that number.
                  So right there would be a pretty big problem here in Denver.
                  Overall he would be a very good choice, but I wonder how big his ego really is, and could he really listen to a guy like McD.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by The Dyna$ty View Post
                    I know he can't compare to Jay with intangibles on the field, confidence (sometimes a bad thing) and especially arm strength but Matthew Stafford is a similar prospect in my eyes just by watching this video I can point a few out.

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2nVLO39wB4 - video 1 (highlights)

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e0S3...eature=related - video 2 (highlights)

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l0OIqYkwz0 (highlights and lowlights)

                    what do you think? I think he is a great prospect and I would not mind watching him as a Bronco if all hell breaks lose and we lose Cutler.

                    btw I loved watching Cutler and he was one of my favorite players but it seems like its not going to end in our favor and if we got Detroit's #1 or something it could be an option.

                    I dread having to re-develop a QB but damn we might have no choice. So before you say NO watch these videos he is going to be a nice pro.

                    Don't even say Sanchez ...... he isn't close to the talent of Stafford IMO. I'd rather us draft Pat White over Sanchez



                    PS I am not a Georgia fan matter fact I hate the Bulldogs lol and I wasn't a huge moreno fan as a prospect but seeing him on some of these screens wow the kids special.
                    In a word...no.
                    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      id rather wait a year and snag Sam Bradford

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sure. Matt Stafford is just like Jay Cutler.

                        Except that Cutler has provben himself in the NFL for three seasons, and Stafford hasn't.

                        Oh, and the fact that Stafford will command a $20 million contract this season, and at least $40 million guaranteed, and the fact that Jay Cutler only costs the team $1 million to $6 million tops if he makes all his incentives.

                        Oh, and the fact that Jay has been to the pro-bowl, and Stafford will need three years to develop to the point where anybody can TELL if he's really any good or not!

                        But, aside from that. Yeah! He's just like Jay!

                        Oh, forgot to mention: Stafford will be the #1 overall pick to the Lions unless they trade their #20 pick to the Broncos, in which case he'll go in the top 5. And Denver isn't getting a pick that high. Period.

                        The Lions AREN'T going to offer their #1 overall pick for Jay Cutler. Why should they?
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cugel View Post

                          The Lions AREN'T going to offer their #1 overall pick for Jay Cutler. Why should they?
                          Because unlike Stafford or Sanchez, Cutler has proven to be a good NFL QB. He would likely help them right away, maybe even contend for the playoffs, but a rookie QB will probably take a couple of years to get acclimated to the NFL. Also, by trading the #1 pick for Cutler, Detroit avoids paying #1 overall money to a rookie QB, which is a risky proposition. It makes sense for Detroit, and to a lesser extent, it makes sense for Denver also. Now I don't think it will happen nor do I want it to, but I could see the logic for both sides. Detroit gets a proven QB for a cheaper deal, and Denver gets to start fresh and get an elite defensive prospect (like Raji or Curry).

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X