Peppers To Pats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peppers To Pats?

I just saw this on NFL.com and was SHOCKED!!!!!
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

But it got me thinking, why can't WE go after Peppers?.....

Originally posted by VABronco37 View Post
    I just saw this on NFL.com and was SHOCKED!!!!!
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

But it got me thinking, why can't WE go after Peppers?.....
    i expected NE to go after peppers hard before he was tagged, then it just seemed likely after he was tagged, that they'd come to some kind of a draft day trade for him

if brady's back in 09.....i mean really back...ouch lol
    sigpic

Comment

I don't want Peppers for the same reason I didn't want Haynesworth but pepers even more so.

We have to give up something to get him then we have to resign him next year and he wants to be the highest paid Defensive player just like Haynesworth........No Thanks
      Hey Fisherman Heres ans awesome website with tons of info and Forums www.Coloradofisherman.comApril Fools

Comment

Oh god no....
        sigpic

Comment

I could live with some kind of Cutler for Peppers package deal if Jay continues to pout and want to be traded. Maybe Jay for Peppers and their 2nd round pick. Then we take Sanchez with our 1st pick.

Comment

Well with Peppers WHOLE career he has PROVEN he is one of the best if not THE best frontline Defensive players in the whole NFL.
            Albert has shown light in only 2 years and that is all.
            Plus Peppers is still young and brings that motor and work your butt off attitude to the defense that would gel SOOOOOOO well with Brain Dawkins and Champ Bailey.

Comment

He is Proven in a 4-3 but for him to be the highest paid player on D and try out at OLB in the 3-4 at the rate we would pay him......No Thanks
              Hey Fisherman Heres ans awesome website with tons of info and Forums www.Coloradofisherman.comApril Fools

Comment

Well Peppers playing a solid DE in a 3-4 would be very good for us.
                Also the fact that almost no Tackle in the AFC West could really block him is another major upside as well.
                With Peppers I know it would be about money but you GET your moneys worth out of him.
                And what would you rather trust, a proven All-Pro DE with a good 7 years left or a fresh face rookie that has never been in the trenches with the big boys?......
                Enough said..........

Comment

Except for the rookie cost a lot less if he fails

Comment

Not if he is pick #12 in the draft..........

Comment

I'm not sure but I would be willing to bet #12 comes cheaper than Peppers. Haynesworth Deal is expected to pay him over 30 million the first year and there is 41 million guaranteed and the Deal could reach 115 million dollars.

And Peppers is going to want close the same.

Now that's Enough said :salute!:

Comment

Best front-7 in football? I read they want to draft Rey Maul...

Thomas-Mayo-ReyMaul-Peppers

Seymour & Wilfork plus ? up front.... WOW!

Comment

This is freaking insane!!! Patriots are stacked!!! WOWWWW

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                            Best front-7 in football? I read they want to draft Rey Maul...

Thomas-Mayo-ReyMaul-Peppers

Seymour & Wilfork plus ? up front.... WOW!
                            Scary stuff! That would be the best LB crew, possibly in history!!!! And the other dudes aren't bad either. And it all started by drafting some relatively unknown named Cassel.

BTW......Not to mention that the Pats may have the best offense in 09!!!!!

Time to make some more deals McD!!!!! Maybe a package of some kind....

Comment

Originally posted by VABronco37 View Post
                              Well with Peppers WHOLE career he has PROVEN he is one of the best if not THE best frontline Defensive players in the whole NFL.
                              Albert has shown light in only 2 years and that is all.
                              Plus Peppers is still young and brings that motor and work your butt off attitude to the defense that would gel SOOOOOOO well with Brain Dawkins and Champ Bailey.
                              LOL what? I live in Charlotte now and have adopted the Panthers as my "second team". I can tell you first hand he doesn't have an ounce of motor in him. He is one of the laziest players I've ever seen. Takes so many plays off. Dominates against crappy competition then disappears for an entire game as soon as he gets bumped by a second blocker. And he isn't even that young anymore; his best days are behind him. Once he locks up a huge contract like he wants, expect what motivation he had to disappear. Most Panthers fans I know don't really care if he leaves. I don't want him anywhere near Denver.

Comment

Working...
                              X