Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WR/QB - Matt Jones

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WR/QB - Matt Jones

    Matt Jones was released by the Jags today... I think if we signed him he would be a HUGE advantage for our team. I will explain why I think this.

    Matt Jones hasn't exactly lit it up at WR during his short career, but he is still an incredible athlete that runs a 4.35 forty. Most of you know that he played QB in college at Arkansas & that is exactly why we need him. Not to start, or even backup, but to run the wildcat formation. Matt Jones is one of the best running QB's in college football history & can run the zone read play better than anyone.

    Because of his arrest last year he will come cheap & he will have to be on his best behavior if he wants to stay in the league, so I think it's worth taking a risk with him. The upside (a whole new proven package on offense) far outweighs the downside (cutting him).

    Check out his highlights of him at Arkansas & judge for yourself.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CMOHewOeO0
    Last edited by bd7hawg; 03-16-2009, 03:36 PM.

  • #2
    3.5 40 huh?....FAIL!!!

    he's a below average wide receiver and an even worse QB, i'll pass

    Comment


    • #3
      Major homer alert.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Den615 View Post
        3.5 40 huh?....FAIL!!!

        he's a below average wide receiver and an even worse QB, i'll pass
        Oh excuse me it was a 4.37 forty. That is still fast as hell!
        READ my whole post! I said we could use him in the wildcat formation, not at QB full time! And no I don't think he should start at WR, but he would make a damn good backup.
        Last edited by bd7hawg; 03-16-2009, 03:16 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          No Brainer

          Cutler to Detroit for a No. 1 pick.

          Use the pick to select Stafford or Sanchez.

          Sign Leftwich to start and rebuild.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bd7hawg View Post
            Oh excuse me it was a 3.70 forty. That is still fast as hell!
            READ my whole post! I said we could use him in the wildcat formation, not at QB full time! And no I don't think he should start at WR, but he would make a damn good backup.
            give me a link that he ran a 3.7 40

            he ran a 4.37 40 if thats what you mean....

            he's a bum, i'll pass

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bd7hawg View Post
              Oh excuse me it was a 3.70 forty. That is still fast as hell!
              READ my whole post! I said we could use him in the wildcat formation, not at QB full time! And no I don't think he should start at WR, but he would make a damn good backup.
              Fail. He ran a 4.4

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                Major homer alert.
                So he happened to play for my state school. That is the only reason I know how good of a running QB he is. Tell me, how many Arkansas games did you see while Matt Jones was on the team?

                I have seen enough of him to know how special he is. He is considered by many the 2nd best player to ever play in Arkansas' history, behind only D-Mac.

                Watch his highlight reel & then try and tell me you think different than me about his abilities.

                Comment


                • #9
                  the fastest 40 ever run was like 4.2 flat... hardly thinks matt jones ran half a second beneath that

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                    give me a link that he ran a 3.7 40

                    he ran a 4.37 40 if thats what you mean....
                    Sorry that's what I meant. 4.37

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Link

                      Anyway, Jags fans are excited he's gone. Not that good of a WR and frequently mis times his jumps. Not by taller and more athletic guys either, more like by guys that are 6 inches shorter.

                      He's slow, good on maybe a curl route. But as a receiver? Eff that. We don't have a need for him.

                      As a QB? There's a reason he's not one anymore.


                      K Thx Bai.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bd7hawg View Post
                        So he happened to play for my state school. That is the only reason I know how good of a running QB he is. Tell me, how many Arkansas games did you see while Matt Jones was on the team?

                        I have seen enough of him to know how special he is. He is considered by many the 2nd best player to ever play in Arkansas' history, behind only D-Mac.

                        Watch his highlight reel & then try and tell me you think different than me about his abilities.
                        he's an athlete with no true position in the NFL....

                        and i seriously doubt many arkansas fans think of him as the best player in school history

                        and it sounds to me like you've only been an arkansas fan for around 5 years if you think those two guys are the best in school history

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          He's a headcase and he's not even very good. No thanks.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                            he's an athlete with no true position in the NFL....

                            and i seriously doubt many arkansas fans think of him as the best player in school history

                            and it sounds to me like you've only been an arkansas fan for around 5 years if you think those two guys are the best in school history
                            "he's an athlete with no true position in the NFL".

                            I agree 100% with this.
                            That is why he would be cheap & the only time's we would use him would be as a backup WR & wildcat QB.

                            "and i seriously doubt many Arkansas fans think of him as the best player in school history
                            and it sounds to me like you've only been an Arkansas fan for around 5 years if you think those two guys are the best in school history"


                            Many consider him the 2nd best player behind D-Mac. And EVERYONE agrees that Darren Mcfadden is the best player in school history.
                            Last edited by bd7hawg; 03-16-2009, 03:31 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              He is on dope. NO.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X