Clear All

• Potential Trade Partners

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...-start-calling

Which option is better?

IMO:

SF: R1 #10 + LB M. Lawson 6'5 240 24 yrs old
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/playerStats?statsId=7771

DEN: QB J. Cutler

if we REALLY want to get something from San Fran how about this.

San Fran Trades To Denver

San Fran Gets:
    Jay Cutler
    &
    2nd Round(48th Overall Pick)

Denver Gets:
    Patrick Willis
    &
    1st round(10th Overall Pick)

Now I think thats a MUCH better deal.....

Comment

Originally posted by VABronco37 View Post

San Fran Gets:
      Jay Cutler
      &

Denver Gets:
      Patrick Willis
      &

i would think that denver wouldnt get rid of any draft picks in a trade like this. If they dont get what they want then dont trade him. Make it outrageous and see if you have any takers

what should of been done in the first place would be saying okay so you want cutler? The only deal would involve 2 #1 picks in consecutive years
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Your option is BEST!

(But is it realistic?)

Then we could trade:

STL: R1 #02

DEN: R1 #12 + WR B. Marshall

DRAFT:

R1 #02: LB A. Curry
        R1 #10: NT BJ Raji

--Thomas / Raji / Peterson--
        Williams / Curry / Willis / Moss

2010 DRAFT: Move up for QB C. McCoy

Comment

my dream scenario would be that we send cutler plus a 3rd and maybe 5th or something for Quinn and pick number 5.

that way, we can still have a potentially franchise QB them we can draft orakpo. also, since that puts cleveland out of the running for raji, we have a 50/50 chance of green bay selecting brown, in which case raji drops to our 12th pick. now that would be amazing.
          disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

San Fran Gets:
            Jay Cutler
            &

Denver Gets:
            Patrick Willis
            &

sf isn't that stupid lol
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
              sf isn't that stupid lol
              Well "EVERYONE" has been saying Cutler is worth 2 #1 Draft picks so in all honesty that is a fair trade.

Comment

Well "EVERYONE" has been saying Cutler is worth 2 #1 Draft picks so in all honesty that is a fair trade.
                the current fit he's been throwing has more than likely lessened his value greatly
                sigpic

Comment

well patrick willis is definatly worth more then just a 1st round, in fact cutler wouldn't really even be much of an upgrade over willis.
                  disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

I feel as though the only way this gets done is if some third team enters the picture. DEN wont trade Cutler for a pick, or even picks. SO, we would have to get a player in return.

The ony trade I envision... if it's with just 1 team:

Swapping our first rounder (#12) with Det's (#1)... We also swap 2nd round picks... We get #34 and they get #48 (something like that). PLUS, we get DET's other first round selection (#20) along with a LB (Sims or Peterson).

DEN would then attempt to trade out of the #1 pick... pick up an extra 2nd/3rd... Fall back a few slots... Maybe even trade back again... They would have options: accumulate a bunch of picks... or... take Curry or Raji. They could then go RB or whatever at 20. AND stll have the 34th pick to pick up another OLB.

I'm sure MCdaniels would idnetify a later round QB (like Brady & Cassel)... I doubt he would draft one early... They would then sign Jeff Garcia, who would compete with Chris Simms.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      I feel as though the only way this gets done is if some third team enters the picture. DEN wont trade Cutler for a pick, or even picks. SO, we would have to get a player in return.

The ony trade I envision... if it's with just 1 team:

Swapping our first rounder (#12) with Det's (#1)... We also swap 2nd round picks... We get #34 and they get #48 (something like that). PLUS, we get DET's other first round selection (#20) along with a LB (Sims or Peterson).

DEN would then attempt to trade out of the #1 pick... pick up an extra 2nd/3rd... Fall back a few slots... Maybe even trade back again... They would have options: accumulate a bunch of picks... or... take Curry or Raji. They could then go RB or whatever at 20. AND stll have the 34th pick to pick up another OLB.

I'm sure MCdaniels would idnetify a later round QB (like Brady & Cassel)... I doubt he would draft one early... They would then sign Jeff Garcia, who would compete with Chris Simms.
                      like someone brought up earlier, i think harrell would be an excellent fit in this type of system
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

It only must be me, but I think Raji has a few bats in the closet he isn't showing.
                        I don't know why but I just have a REALLY bad feeling about him.
                        Curry on the other hand is one of those one in every 10 year OLBs.
                        So if anything get him instead of Raji if we can.

Comment

Detroit for the #1 overall selection, a 2nd next year, and another conditional pick maybe a 6th upgradeable to a 4th depending on Cutler's season

Comment

I'll throw a trade scenario in...

Marc Bulger, and the Rams #2 pick in the draft, plus a 2nd round pick this year or next year.

Denver gives up Cutler and we draft Aaron Curry and keep him away from the Chiefs.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
                              I'll throw a trade scenario in...

Marc Bulger, and the Rams #2 pick in the draft, plus a 2nd round pick this year or next year.

Denver gives up Cutler and we draft Aaron Curry and keep him away from the Chiefs.
                              Not bad but there is a huge problem with Bulger.
                              Height: 6-3 Weight: 204 Age: 31

And honestly thats too many for me atleast.
                              If we get a new QB I would like him under 27 atleast.

As for getting Aaron Curry, now thats a d*mn good idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X