• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronco_Loc505
    Practice Squad
    • Nov 2008

Why we should draft Sanchez

I don't ever want to see Jay go I feel like he's got the most raw talent in the league and has all the potential to be the greatest there ever was. That said if this situation isn't resolved he needs to go. I've come to grips with the possibility and wiped the last tear from my eyes.

Look maybe it's just my own ethnic bias but I love the idea of a Sanchez in a Bronco uni. Think of it like this.

Who is Jay Cutler? Cutler is an uber-talented gunslinger who can run 'n' gun, improvise, and has a cannon for an arm. He's also something of a prima donna. He's a leader but he's no doubt got a bad attitude. He's a constant big play threat but he's also constantly threatening to turn the ball over. Fact is Jay fits into any system because he's smarter and more talented than just about anyone in the league.

Who is Matt Cassel? Cassel is a one year wonder. He doesn't have a big arm, he's not particularly fast, and he's not much of an athlete. He's not necessarily a leader on the field but he always (in his limited time) seems to get the job done. You don't really have to worry about a big play but you also don't need to worry about Cassel turning the ball over. Fact is Cassel doesn't have the talent or experience to fit in anywhere but under McD he thrived because he learned the system and he followed it. He doesn't have the arm to make the plays Jay does but in McD's system he didn't need it.

Who does Sanchez sound like?

Give him a year under Simms and watch him thrive under McD's tutelage.

KNOWSHON ROCKWELL MORENO
    OUR NEXT MR. 2000

ROBERT AYERS
    BRINGIN THA RUCKUS TO DENVER

Originally posted by Chidoze
    John Elway had a good time screwing the Raiders when he played, now that he's retired, it's the Raiderette's turn.

• BroncosFan209x
    Practice Squad
    • Apr 2008

Ima huge usc fan but this guy has bust written all over him. Kinda like leinart. Hes a product of the system
    sigpic
    Props to Charger$ for the sig

Comment

• Gbt31
      All-Time Great
      • Nov 2003

Completely disagree with the Lienart comparison. Sanchez has great Arm strength, Lienart doesnt, not even close. I still say Sanchez is the best QB to come out this year in this weak draft class.
      New England Patriots GM

Comment

• Den615
        Playmaker
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
        Completely disagree with the Lienart comparison. Sanchez has great Arm strength, Lienart doesnt, not even close. I still say Sanchez is the best QB to come out this year in this weak draft class.
        Stafford is better, and Freeman has more potential. I dont think Sanchez will be a bust, but he may take a long time to adjust to the pro's

Buy your right, he does seem like a Mcdaniels guys so i wouldnt be surprised to see him in a bronco uni next year

Comment

• Bronco_Loc505
          Practice Squad
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by BroncosFan209x View Post
          Ima huge usc fan but this guy has bust written all over him. Kinda like leinart. Hes a product of the system
          Yes he is a system QB which is exactly why McD would bring him here so he could be specific to the new system he's implementing

KNOWSHON ROCKWELL MORENO
          OUR NEXT MR. 2000

ROBERT AYERS

John Elway had a good time screwing the Raiders when he played, now that he's retired, it's the Raiderette's turn.

Comment

• IgorBStrange
            Practice Squad
            • Aug 2006

I prefer Freeman, myself.

He had BAD coaching in college and has the Cutler type of arm. He could fit McD's system and give the option to let one go when the protection breaks down or the defense gets sucked in too much.

It would make gameplanning the Broncos offense that much more complicated if you're the opposing DC.
            "Those are my principals... if you don't like them, well, I have others" - Groucho Marx

"Having a Hell of a time my dear, wish you were here" - Alice Cooper

Comment

• CoryWinget81
              five thousand, 800 and uh
              • Dec 2006

I think Sanchez has a gun-slinger attitude as well, and I think that's what he wants to do.

I don't have any doubt about his ability to sling it deep, thats for sure.

Remember against Penn State? 55 yards, in the air, while running straight forward, without missing a step.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Bronco_Loc505
                Practice Squad
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                I think Sanchez has a gun-slinger attitude as well, and I think that's what he wants to do.

I don't have any doubt about his ability to sling it deep, thats for sure.

Remember against Penn State? 55 yards, in the air, while running straight forward, without missing a step.
                While he may have a gunslinger mentality he's EXTREMELY accurate and efficient (65% completion and 35 TD's to 10 INT's)exactly what McD wants in his QB.

KNOWSHON ROCKWELL MORENO
                OUR NEXT MR. 2000

ROBERT AYERS

Comment

• broncofansd
                  Banned User
                  • Oct 2007

I actually really like Mark Sanchez. I have watched alot of USC games and he has the "it" factor and would be a great choice for Denver.

Comment

• pzmire
                    Practice Squad
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by BroncosFan209x View Post
                    IMHO: The biggest difference between the two is Sanchez seems to live and breathe football - Whereas Leinart likes being noticed and the attention it brings. Sanchez also has a big difference in arm strength

Comment

• str8jacket
                      Hit Mary, Not Mary Jane
                      • Jan 2006

First, its betrayal. Not betrayel. Thanks.

Next, Why we shouldn't draft Sanchez.

Because uh....we shouldn't. He doesn't impress me as a capable NFL QB in the least.

Comment

• Bronco_Loc505
                        Practice Squad
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                        First, its betrayal. Not betrayel. Thanks.

Next, Why we shouldn't draft Sanchez.

Because uh....we shouldn't. He doesn't impress me as a capable NFL QB in the least.
                        Thanks for the spelling correction

But I do have to argue about Sanchez' capability. He's got an NFL arm and most importantly he's a hard worker who lives football. McD doesn't need a superstar he needs a smart, accurate qb who's gonna put in the work to master the amoeba offense.

KNOWSHON ROCKWELL MORENO
                        OUR NEXT MR. 2000

ROBERT AYERS

Comment

• RunYouOver
                          Admin
                          • Jan 2005

Sanchez would be a disaster.

NO QB from this draft class is going to have even a solid NFL career.

Which is precisely why we can NOT afford to trade Jay Cutler, for ANYONE.
                          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• CoryWinget81
                            five thousand, 800 and uh
                            • Dec 2006

I don't remember who it was, but they said

"If McDaniels can't make the system work with Cutler as QB, then he has no business being a head coach"
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• vlujan
                              Practice Squad
                              • Apr 2004

Mark Sancez mic'd up at practice

I'm not proposing that we let go of Jay and get Mark Sanchez in some sort of situation through trade or whatnot, but I found this video of Mark Sancez and the USC Trojans at practice time. I thought it was an awesome, funny, and inspiring clip of the guy. I like Mark and hope he does well in the NFL and just wanted to share with you guys.

http://USCRipsIt.comUSC QB Mark Sanchez is wired for sound for one the Trojans' Spring Practices
                              future Denver Bronco practice.........

Comment

Working...
                              X