Denvers Offense was Not #2 in 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denvers Offense was Not #2 in 2008

Everyday I see someone post or make a thread about how Denver's offense was # 2 last year. Surprisingly it's usually someone with 1000 plus posts. I have come to realize the # of posts does not measure your football knowledge just activity.

Anyways Denver's offense was #16 last year in scoring last year. I believe that's the purpose of the offense to be on the field is score?

Denver was #2 in total yards. But again not scoring and gaining a bunch of yards means nothing. (Well maybe besides throwing interceptions in the red zone sucks)

#2 offense last year was The San Diego Chargers
    #1 was The New Orleans Saints
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

Sorry for those of you who realize this and wasted your time reading this post. You will never get those 2 mins of your life back...........ever.
    Hey Fisherman Heres ans awesome website with tons of info and Forums www.Coloradofisherman.comApril Fools

Originally posted by *OrangeCrush* View Post
    Everyday I see someone post or make a thread about how Denver's offense was # 2 last year. Surprisingly it's usually someone with 1000 plus posts. I have come to realize the # of posts does not measure your football knowledge just activity.

Anyways Denver's offense was #16 last year in scoring last year. I believe that's the purpose of the offense to be on the field is score?

Denver was #2 in total yards. But again not scoring and gaining a bunch of yards means nothing. (Well maybe besides throwing interceptions in the red zone sucks)

Sorry for those of you who realize this and wasted your time reading this post. You will never get those 2 mins of your life back...........ever.
    you da man

it's surprising how people value yards over actual points

very weird
    sigpic

Comment

It makes me sick everytime I hear or read that "the Broncos were the number 2 offense in the NFL". Grrrrrrrrr!!! We just got a lot of yards and missed a lot of opportunities to score.
      sigpic

Comment

Neither is a perfect descriptor of offensive ability.

Comment

Originally posted by BRINGBAKPLUMMER View Post
          Neither is a perfect descriptor of offensive ability.
          Wrong Offense is on the field to score.

Talent might be what your referring to?

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME..
          Hey Fisherman Heres ans awesome website with tons of info and Forums www.Coloradofisherman.comApril Fools

Comment

From Week 12 To Week 17
            Jay Cutler threw:
            1694 Pasing Yards(282.3 YPG)
            With
            6 TD Passes
            &
            7 INTs

Now you have to also look at the fact we were 2-4 in that 6 game stretch aswell.
            I know the Defense was trash and all, but he did GREAT in the air for yards.
            But never could get the ball in the endzone.

He also had been sacked only 4 times in all 6 of those games and fumbled 2 times aswell.

So to the people that say Jay carried the team, are mistaken.
            Sure he helped the team but yards don't mean nothing unless you put points on the scoreboard.

Comment

Wrong Offense is on the field to score.

Talent might be what your referring to?

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME..
              But scoring is more than just offense. The game is not played in a vacuum. Defense and special teams have a direct impact on the ability of an offense to score points.

Comment

An offense whose defense allows them to take over at midfield has less yards but scores more points. One who takes over inside their own 20 has a much more difficult time scoring though they may rack up larger yardage totals. Offenses do not operate in a vacuum.

Comment

YESSSS!!!!! Finally someone that i see eye to eye. a lot of bronco fans are saying

"uh wat es McDummy doin to ah offense are numba 2 offense"

:go:

Comment

Originally posted by BRINGBAKPLUMMER View Post
                    But scoring is more than just offense. The game is not played in a vacuum. Defense and special teams have a direct impact on the ability of an offense to score points.
                    don't be ridicolous. our offense operated on the field position philosophy. can you imagine how much worse our defense would have been if we hadn't used the tactics of getting to the 5 yard line and throwing an int? football is all about field position my friend...
                    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

I like how you smart guys want to come prove all us that like the offense wrong. Maybe next time you will talk about offensive yards and offensive points. You know, rather than offensive yards and total points. Since we where about last in the league in defensive and special team points. It would make the argument a little more fair for the offense.

It is good that the fans want to bash the offense with fake stats though. It should make our team proud.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                        I like how you smart guys want to come prove all us that like the offense wrong. Maybe next time you will talk about offensive yards and offensive points. You know, rather than offensive yards and total points. Since we where about last in the league in defensive and special team points. It would make the argument a little more fair for the offense.

It is good that the fans want to bash the offense with fake stats though. It should make our team proud.
                        because of course, nfl.com doesn't already do that for you. if you look here you'll probably notice that the stats are listed under OFFENSIVE STATS meaning they don't include defense and special teams.....
                        disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

I was gonna make some sarcastic "and this is news?" but then I read the whole thing. Thanks for the apology and for bringing this news to those who were less informed

KNOWSHON ROCKWELL MORENO
                          OUR NEXT MR. 2000

ROBERT AYERS
                          BRINGIN THA RUCKUS TO DENVER

Originally posted by Chidoze
                          John Elway had a good time screwing the Raiders when he played, now that he's retired, it's the Raiderette's turn.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
                            because of course, nfl.com doesn't already do that for you. if you look here you'll probably notice that the stats are listed under OFFENSIVE STATS meaning they don't include defense and special teams.....
                            For real? I JUST told you that this stat was wrong. You then don't even do the research as you want to tell me I am wrong?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=den

Look at scoring. Look at what you just provided. The totals are 370. Look at how we get to 370. I wasn't aware Nate Webster took offensive snaps to score a TD on offense. Maybe you can explain when this happened exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                              For real? I JUST told you that this stat was wrong. You then don't even do the research as you want to tell me I am wrong?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=den

Look at scoring. Look at what you just provided. The totals are 370. Look at how we get to 370. I wasn't aware Nate Webster took offensive snaps to score a TD on offense. Maybe you can explain when this happened exactly?
                              huh.... my bad. sorry about that. i guess i'll be going now...

Comment

Working...
                              X