MUG, PSU pro day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
    According to the Steelers, all college players need a couple years to "break in" to run an effective 3-4 (or at least theirs).

What contributions did we get from Moss and we are heading to year three. Do not draft who you think will be good next year, but for the next 8 yrs.
    Regardless of what the Steelers say, some players are able to contribute as rookies in certain positions. Look at guys like Mayo. I feel that rush linebacker is a position that some can play earlier than some others (I know Mayo is an ILB). A rotational player would be a start. Moss just illustrates my point -- we have no one with any OLB experience (in a 3-4), just a bunch of potential starters. I'd like to see at least one guy drafted who has started more games and that there is a consensus among scouts that he'll play 3-4 OLB. Nobody seems to know for sure where Maybin fits. I'm not hugely against taking him, but I see better fits. I don't want him at #12.

Not trying to say you're wrong, just that I have a different opinion. Maybin might be a good fit for someone, but to me he's too risky for the Broncos to take him this year. The draft seems to be a risk/reward min-max game.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, Maybin did have a great ProDay, fast track or not. Simply put, the guy has a boatload of potential, but do we honestly have the time or the ability to draft a guy simply on potential. With our first pick, it's got to be as much of a slam-dunk as possible since we are rebuilding this D, we can't have any wasted picks. It's impressive to see the changes in Maybin, though.

Pic:
      sigpic

Comment

I think the 15 lbs all came from working out his shoulders. Holy crap. The rest of his body looks relatively the same, but those delts got jacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
          I think the 15 lbs all came from working out his shoulders. Holy crap. The rest of his body looks relatively the same, but those delts got jacked.
          That and probably legs. Apart from Biceps/Triceps/Delts, legs are easiest to add muscle to in a short time. Extra leg power would pay huge dividends for Maybin.
          sigpic

Comment

whats funny is personally i didnt even mind his speed time, becasue i knew he added weight, i thought he was slow. but i throw him under the buss becasue he is a 1 year wonder as a pass rusher thats it he isnt a instant starter he didnt look great in position drills, and he is very weak agains the run. the NFL is much bigger than what he is use to and he is just not seasoned enough to take at pick 12 period.....he is a manny lawson clone who everybody jumped on and who has yet to contribute anything special becasue he cant hold weight well for 16 games, and his is basically a pass rusher thats it....

i feel thats maybins calling his first few years as well. sorry but i don not feel like spending the 12th pick on a guy who will come in on 3rd downs only.....just my take....

at least guys like okrapo/english/cushing can play the run really well as a added bonus.....

Comment

Working...
            X