Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to real offseason News, Terps corner Kevin Barnes visited Denver today

From PFT:

University of Maryland cornerback Kevin Barnes conducted a private workout with the Denver Broncos today, according to a league source.

He’s scheduled to work out for the Miami Dolphins on March 27, the Baltimore Ravens on March 30 and the Philadelphia Eagles on April 5.

Barnes fractured his scapula and tore the labrum in his left shoulder in October against Wake Forest.

He performed solidly at the NFL scouting combine, running a 4.5 in the 40-yard dash, registering a 38 1/2 inch vertical leap and turning in a 10-8 broad jump.

In 2007, the 6-foot-1, 185-pound defensive back had 64 tackles and four interceptions.
    Don't know much about him...
    Administrator

sigpic

I could see us taking him in the 4th or 5th round.

LETS GO TERPS WHOOOO!!!!

Lol He's got good size prob just needs to fill out a bit and he could be a real good player.
    A book I wrote

Comment

Hey, I got him in my SIG mock draft, Denver must be reading my posts!

Comment

He hit some guy so hard the dude started puking.

Comment

I like him, reminds me of Dominique Foxworth (now) and Champ. I would like to see him where i have got him my mock (which has the number of picks correct)

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
          your mock is slightly incorrect unless you added trades, etc. to it to include extra draft picks
          Broncos only got 1 seventh rounder there pal
          Last edited by BroncoBoy2012; 03-18-2009, 07:05 PM.
          --Representing the Broncos in the 605-- Adopted Bronco: Gerell Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBoy2012 View Post
            I like him, reminds me of Dominique Foxworth (now) and Champ. I would like to see him where i have got him my mock (which has the number of picks correct)

your mock is slightly incorrect unless you added trades, etc. to it to include extra draft picks
            We have our original 7th rounder and the one we receive from Atlanta for Foxworth.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBoy2012 View Post

try doing a little research before you try to sound smart. We have two 7th's. We got the other one in the Foxworth deal

Comment

Kevin Barnes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCO0s...layer_embedded

Watch all the way to the end.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                  Kevin Barnes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCO0s...layer_embedded

Watch all the way to the end.
                  lol....great hit. I've done a little research on him. it sounds like he's a safety trapped in a corners body. He does best when he can see everything in front of him. He only has one year starting so maybe that will change with more experience. He's an interesting player for sure, might just take a little time to develop. I would be happy with him in the 5th round

Comment

This one shows it in Slow Mo ....and reverse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFYB9ZEWs94&NR=1

Comment

Hopefully this guy fall to us in 4th round or 5th

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                        Love that mock, not a big fan of Moala, but I'd be happy with it overall.
                        sigpic

Comment

So far, we are conducting private workouts with some interesting players. I really think McDaniels and Xanders will do a nice job in the draft.
                          sigpic

Comment

Rule # 3 got me

:logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                              lol....great hit. I've done a little research on him. it sounds like he's a safety trapped in a corners body. He does best when he can see everything in front of him. He only has one year starting so maybe that will change with more experience. He's an interesting player for sure, might just take a little time to develop. I would be happy with him in the 5th round
                              He's not a 5th Round talent, I have him in the 4th, and even that would be a steal. However, I believe we have to get that Nose Tackle in the 3rd, so that's as early as I can justify going CB.

Barnes is amazing. He'll be one of the hardest hitting CBs in the NFL from day 1, and he's cat quick. He was the quickest of ALL CBs at the Combine, as measured by the Short Cone Drill. He also had an excellent 6.72 3-cone. He has perfect height in the 6', 190 range and ran in the 4.4s at his Pro Day. He's also fluid and excellent in coverage.

If he hadn't of destroyed (and by that, I mean annihilated his shoulder on a vicious hit) he would have been in the mix for a Late 1st Round pick. His shoulder had to be completely reconstructed but is supposably 100% now. However, that is the main reason he's a 3rd Round pick now, along with as you mentioned, the missed playing time. I am *hoping* he drops due to medical redflags on that shoulder, I doubt he will though.

In the end, it would not surprise me if Sean Smith, Darius Butler, or Kevin Barnes turns out to be the best CB from this draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X