Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Ramses Barden anyone?

From Rotoworld:

"Cal Poly WR Ramses Barden posted forty times of 4.51 and 4.55 at his Pro Day on Friday.
    Barden, 6'6/227, improved on his 4.61 Combine time, which was already impressive for a player of his size. He also posted a 10-foot, 2-inch broad jump and ran a 7.10 three-cone in addition to catching the ball well in drills. Barden looks like a potential late-second, early-third round pick."

If Marshall does get a significant suspension...I'm just sayin.
    Last edited by armchair scout; 03-20-2009, 06:11 PM. Reason: add
    vote HILLIS in 2009!

I live near Cal Poly and have seen Ramses live and he is probably the most underatted WR in the draft and is a BEAST. He is excactly like B-Marsh Not saying we should draft him but it would be sweet.
    KEEP JAY

Comment

If we satsify some of our Defensive needs first then I would be cool with Drafting Barden.

Comment

Good size and speed, but route running is an issue. I would prefer Aaron Kelly, 6 foot 5 reciever with good hands and very good at running routes.

Comment

I was high on Barden until the Senior Bowl.

He looked bad, bad routes, bad hands, bad seperation, even on jump
          balls scouts said he had a hard time timing his jump to take full advantage
          of his size.

His size, speed, and athleticism is enticing but there are plenty of questions.
          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

With a three cone like that. he is not gonna be able to cut on a dime. How did his route running look.

GridironChamp I was high on Barden until the Senior Bowl.

of his sizeHis size, speed, and athleticism is enticing but there are plenty of questions.
            How did he do against the jam? A 4.51 is pretty good time for a guy his size. but he must not play as fast as he ran.

He is a jump ball kinda guy so this doesnt bode well for him
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
              Good size and speed, but route running is an issue. I would prefer Aaron Kelly, 6 foot 5 reciever with good hands and very good at running routes.
              we could fix the route-running...remember that was the problem with Royal
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nbaballer913 View Post
                we could fix the route-running...remember that was the problem with Royal
                that wasnt the problem with royal, royal just wasnt able to showcase his skills as a receiver at VT.

as for barden, i'd say no, i'd rather have a guy like Patrick Turner later in the draft

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                  I was high on Barden until the Senior Bowl.

of his size.

His size, speed, and athleticism is enticing but there are plenty of questions.
                  Agreed. Like the poster above, I am much higher on Patrick Turner in the 5th or something.

Comment

Working...
                  X