The No Trade Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The No Trade Mock Draft

I have become tired of seeing who can create the best Cutler trade scenario so I will ignore the issue for the sake of not losing my mind. I'm assuming no more major FA signings as well.

1. Brian Cushing LB- It took me awhile to make this pick, but here it is, I think Cushing offers alot of versatility as a LB and has the potential to be a great pass rusher and playmaker from the OLB position. Solid work ethic and a much needed infusion of talent at the LB position.

2. Jarron Gilbert DE- We skip on Tyson Jackson in the first and take Gilbert here. Alot of people write Gilbert off as a workout warrior but look at his production. 20 plus TFL in 11 games should say what this guy can do on the field. A great penetrator and can also hold up against the run with his frame. A great 3-4 DE prospect.

3. Dorrell Scott NT- He isnt massive but he's bigger than most. I see us taking him and letting him compete with Fields for the starting NT job.

4. Kevin Barnes CB- Injuries have made him slip but he has good size to go with a 41 inch vert and can run very well. Plus he can lay the wood, many of you might have seen the tape of him vs Cal.

5. Johny Knox WR- I didnt know about him untill recently but everything I've seen and heard makes me a believer. I think he falls because he doesnt have outstanding size and he went to a small school but he can play a great slot receiver. We take him to learn under Stoke as a future replacement.

5. AQ Shipley C- Solid guy, not great measurables but can simply play. Replacement for Weigmann down the line.

6. Donald Washington CB/S- Here's a bit of a project player. He lists as a CB but his less than impressive 40 and 45 inch vert makes me wonder if he can make the transition to safety. He could learn from one of the best in Dawk.

7. Devin Moore RB- A Darren Sproles type player. Small quick, elusive. Was once a mid round prospect but may have slipped because he didnt show top end speed at the combine. Could be a great returner.

7. Robert Brewster OT- His name permeates manliness. He's 6-4 325 and could be a nice back up option at RT. Right now I believe we only have Polumbus as a backup tackle and he's more of a LT.

Well there it is. Have at it. Constuctive criticism as always is appreciated.
    A book I wrote

Overall a pretty decent Mock Draft.

Cushing , Gilbert , Scott and Barnes are very good picks.

Cushing is very good LB.

Gilbert has huge potential at DE.

Scott can play either DE/NT at 6'3" 312lbs. He is almost as big as Brace , same height but 17lbs lighter.

Barnes - good CB.

Good overall job.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post

Cushing is very good LB.

Scott can play either DE/NT at 6'3" 312lbs. He is almost as big as Brace , same height but 17lbs lighter.

Barnes - good CB.

Good overall job.
      Thank you captain obvious.

Overall it's a good mock, but I'm not too sold on Cushing. Is he an OLB or ILB in our 3-4?

Comment

Am not sold on AQ Shipley i think he will get beasted in the nfl when he goes up against players like Shaun Rogers and Kris Jenkins i would much rather take Antoine Caldwell to learn under Weigmann and Take Louis Vasquez to learn under Ben Hamilton and no one say Vasquez is not athletic enough to fit in our zone scheme when he ran in the 5.1 range at his pro day

Comment

Originally posted by housemouse View Post
          Thank you captain obvious.

Overall it's a good mock, but I'm not too sold on Cushing. Is he an OLB or ILB in our 3-4?
          I see Cush as an OLB but he definitely has the versatility to play inside if needed, much like DJ.
          A book I wrote

Comment

yeah pretty good mock. although i believe gilbert will probably be gone by our pick. some "expert" mocks have him sneaking into the the late first round.
            disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Not to be picky but Devin Moore didn't run at the combine. He wasn't invited but is from Indy so he was able to set up a work out at a different location during that time. He actually ran well in Indy, but was a little slower at his pro day. I think he will go before the 7th and I would love to see him in a Broncos uniform but I think the signing of Arrington will keep us away from him. So there you have it a lot of useless info for a guy that you threw in at the end of your mock...sorry I'm just from Wyoming and really enjoy this kid.

The rest of your mock is very solid and I think Cushing is going to be a better pro player than Rey. Its nice to see someone just do a mock without all the other crazy trades with Cutler involved. I'm so tired of all this Cutler talk, they mods should just make a Cutler/McDaniels category so we don't have to sift around all these post.
              Last edited by CobyElway7; 03-22-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Cushing is very good LB.

Barnes - good CB.

Good overall job.
                Cushing will be suspended for steroid use with in his 1st two seasons..no thank you...Hell Cushing wasn't even the best linebacker on his team. Rey Maualuaga is a better LB with play making ability.

Comment

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                  Cushing will be suspended for steroid use with in his 1st two seasons..no thank you...Hell Cushing wasn't even the best linebacker on his team. Rey Maualuaga is a better LB with play making ability.
                  There is no proof of him using steroids... so leave the kid the alone. And he has the best work ethic and drive of anyone on that defense... which is why I'd rather see Cush than Ray.:salute!:
                  I mean SERIOUSLY?!?!

GOGO:cutler:

Comment

3-24-09 Mock Draft. Trading.... Everybody

Trade - Denver sends DJ Williams to the Detroit Lions for a 1st round pick(20) and a 3rd round pick. - Aaron Curry > DJ, plus we can't have any good players left.

Trade - Denver sends Cutler and Scheffler to the Browns for a 1st rounder(5), 2nd rounder, Brady Quinn, and a 1st rounder next year.... and a 1st rounder the year after that. - chunk the deuce on that crybaby, say hello to a manly man... Brady

Trade - Denver sends Dumervil to Washington for a 3rd round pick. - They really really want some pass rush

Trade - Denver sends Champ Bailey to Oakland for Asomugh and a 3rd rounder. - F Champ, Aso F.T.W!

Trade - Denver sends Marshall to the Dolphins for Tedd Ginn and a 1st rounder(25). - In a Madden voice: Well if you're taking away a negative, that's like subtracting, and BOOM. Change Change and it's more like you're adding a positive!!!

Free Agents to be signed:
                    Torry Holt
                    Vonnie Holliday
                    Jason Taylor

1st round:
                    5(Cleveland)- Aaron Curry - ILB The best player in the draft and a steal at #5
                    12- BJ Raji - NT Another steal at #12, but Pat Kirwan says it will happen...
                    20(Detroit)- Connor Barwin - DE/OLB OMG I love that guy, He's going to be a great OLB!
                    25(Miami)- Sean Smith - CB/FS Someone to match up against the tall WRs in the AFC West!

2nd round:
                    36(Cleveland)- Jarron Gilbert - DE OMG he can jump so good
                    48- Clint Sintim - OLB Pass rush demon with a lot of sacks in college

3rd round:
                    65(Detroit)- Louis Murphy - WR OMH he's so fast, a 4.32 forty!!!
                    71(Oakland)- Jasper Brinkley - ILB Another beast in the middle
                    79- Dorrell Scott - DE/DT A rotational guy for our front seven
                    80(Washington)- Austin Collie - WR The nest Ed McCaffrey!!!

Trade - Denver sends the rest of our picks to the Lions for a 2nd rounder next year.

This is my tribute to broncofansd..... maybe by reading this you will see how your mock drafts, while entertaining, are getting really old really fast.

In all seriousness though, I'm not really trying to be mean here. I'm just having a little fun, and if you don't like it then dont read it. Because after all, I'm a doctor and you have a broken arm...

Comment

A true sign of your lack of class!!!!

Comment

Your parents must be proud!!!

Comment

Your parents must be proud!!!
                          HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA ROFL LMAO HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHHAH

Too funny.

I can see it know denver traded away the whole team for the 5th pick in the draft and brady quinn and next years 1st.
                          We totally came out on top in that one!!
                          Don't Draft Bradford...
                          sigpic

Comment

This just in Denver traded its owner (pat bowlin)
                            Can they do that?!?
                            Don't Draft Bradford...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gogocutler06 View Post
                              There is no proof of him using steroids... so leave the kid the alone. And he has the best work ethic and drive of anyone on that defense... which is why I'd rather see Cush than Ray.:salute!:
                              And thats why you need to put the pipe down. Rey ran that D for 3 years. He would have been the 1st LB drafted last year if he came out. Rey is better than Rivers, Cushings and Mathews. Rey is everything you want in a LB. Rey has been DOMINATE at his position for 3 years can Steroid boy or Mathews say the same. Ask anyone in Pac 10 who they rather not see next year and I bet 100% say Rey. Ask any USC fan what LB they would want back next year and the answer is Rey. We have missed that nastyness since Al left and Rey would bring it right back. Lets also face it DJ is NOT a leader, while being a good football player he is not the vocal leader that the D needs, neither is Champ. With the injection of Maualuaga and Dawkins we will have that spark that has truley been missing. Also OLB are deep in this class and can be picked up in to the 3rd round. I see DJ being moved back to OLB and Moss or Doom steping up. I want to see Rey and Brinkley manning the middle. Our secondary is good , this would make our LB good, with Petterson and Thomas we should have good DE all we would lack is a NT. Since Raji wont drop LB is the way to go and Rey is the best at the 12th spot. Hopfully Brace in the 2nd and a OLB in the 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                              X