Wonderlic Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderlic Scores

North Carolina WR Hakeem Nicks scored only an 11 on the Wonderlic exam.
    Nicks is a definite ballplayer, but he might not be that smart. Other notably poor scores were by Percy Harvin (12), Western Michigan FS Louis Delmas (12), and Rey Maualuga (15). Michael Oher helped himself with a 19. Maryland CB Kevin Barnes was most impressive with a 41.

Some interesting scores for some Bronco prospects...not that the scores mean much, but its still some non cutler related news so i figured i'd post it

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    North Carolina WR Hakeem Nicks scored only an 11 on the Wonderlic exam.
    Nicks is a definite ballplayer, but he might not be that smart. Other notably poor scores were by Percy Harvin (12), Western Michigan FS Louis Delmas (12), and Rey Maualuga (15). Michael Oher helped himself with a 19. Maryland CB Kevin Barnes was most impressive with a 41.

Some interesting scores for some Bronco prospects...not that the scores mean much, but its still some non cutler related news so i figured i'd post it
    Those Maryland CBs are smart dudes. Remember Foxy was from Maryland.

Comment

I think Clady scored a 13 last year, and he came in and started day one at LT in one of the most pass happy O's in the league.

The wonderlic doesn't mean jack, I wouldn't base anything off of it.

Comment

yeah the only positions i think it would affect all that much is QB, MLB, center and maybe the secondary. other then that i guess being smart would help you remember the playbook better, but if you can't even remember the playbook then you shouldn't be playing football.
        disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Stafford scored mid 30s if am correct and i think the Wonderlic means something in terms of understanding a play book that is complex

Comment

http://www.faniq.com/blog/2009-NFL-W...ses-Blog-20999
            One of my favorite times of the year is when Wonderlic scores come out. I know the Wonderlic doesn't really mean anything in the long run (I know this personally because Alex Smith scored a 40 on his, and look how well he's done for my 49ers), but it's still fun to learn who is smart and who is a complete dumbass. And man, do we have plenty of both for you.

First up, Matt Stafford proved that he's definitely pretty smart. Stafford scored a 38 on the Wonderlic which obviously boosts his stock. USC's Mark Sanchez scored 28 and Kansas State's Josh Freeman 27, which is about average for QBs.

Also scoring well was Maryland cornerback Kevin Barnes, who scored a 41. I just wish that Rhodes Scholar winner Myron Rolle, who put the NFL on hold to go to Oxford next year, had taken the Wonderlic. He might pull a Kevin Curtis on it if he ever takes it (Curtis scored a 48). By the way, Pat McInally, a graduate of Harvard University who played wide receiver and punted for the Bengals, is the only football player to record a confirmed perfect score of 50.

Now let's get to the dumbasses. There are a lot more of those.

Seems the wide receiving core is especially stupid this year. Michael Crabtree of Texas Tech scored a 15, Darrius Heyward-Bey of Maryland scored a 14, and Percy Harvin of Florida scored a 12. Yikes. But don't worry, there was someone who was worse. Hakeem Nicks of UNC wowed everyone with an 11. A score of 10 suggests a person is literate, so at least all of the receivers can read this, I hope.

By the way, Jeremy Maclin of Missouri scored a 25, so he's like the Einstein of the receiving core.

A few other fools include linebacker Rey Maualuga, who scored a 15, and O-lineman Andre Smith, who continued his epic draft stock fall by posting a 17.

Here are a few other scores for some top prospects.

Arizona's Eben Britton - 31
            Virginia's Eugene Monroe - 24
            Baylor's Jason Smith - 23
            Ole Miss's Michael Oher - 19
            USC's Clay Matthews - 27
            USC's Brian Cushing - 23
            Michigan's Louis Delmas - 12

The lowest score we know of remains Nicks, but so far it seems only Wonderlic scores for top prospects are out. I'm sure someone scored below a 10 this year, like Chris Leak's famous score of 8, or Vince Young's alleged score of 6. By the way, in case you were wondering, the lowest score ever on the Wonderlic came courtesy of Darren Davis, a running back from Iowa State who scored a 4.

If we find out about any players who are illiterate from this year's draft class, we'll be sure to let you know.

"I is supa smart" LOL
            sigpic

Comment

Oh please like knowing algebra word problems has anything to do with football. Wonderlic is just a test that is thrown in with all the other crap they test with players.

If you have a poor wonderlic score, but you excel on game tape etc, no one gives a crap about your wonderlic score.

Comment

The Wonderlic test shows how well a player is projected to understand
                a playbook. Receivers can score lower, and do, because the amount
                they have to understand is less. You look at a route, memorize it, and
                your only two "reads" are zone or man and press or not.

QBs, OL, MLB, and S have to read a ton more before a play starts so
                their scores are mor important.
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

wonderlic doesn't mean alot

maybe at qb, but then marino scored an absurdly low score on it , so......
                  sigpic

Comment

Marino scored a 15
                    Bradshaw scored a 15
                    McNabb scored a 14
                    McNair scored a 14
                    Jeff George scored a 10
                    Jim Kelly scored a 15

Ryan Leaf scored a 27
                    Brian Griese scored a 39
                    Darrell Hackney scored a 40
                    Alex Smith scored a 40

Wonderlic isn't football related it is a timed test which has no problems that are about football on it, all it does is test your ability to take a multiple choice test while being timed then graded on the number of problems correct in the short time frame.

Comment

Yeah it doesn't mean jack, but that doesn't mean it isn't hilarious reading about how dumb some of these people are.

Comment

http://www.thebrushback.com/Archives/cutler_full.htm

LMAO :cutler:

I also found a 10 question example... or something.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/2...-smart-try-som

Fowdy Five suckas
                        sigpic

:orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

Comment

I got 40 while listening to dreamtheatre LOL. How could ppl actually get 8 on this?!?!
                          Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

Comment

Originally posted by Scheyjosh View Post
                            I got 40 while listening to dreamtheatre LOL. How could ppl actually get 8 on this?!?!
                            idk, im still thinking the real one has to be harder or something cuz that was way to easy. i got a 40 to, and the two got wrong was the 3 words/ similar definition one and the parking fee one.
                            disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBill027 View Post

http://www.thebrushback.com/Archives/cutler_full.htm

LMAO :cutler:

I also found a 10 question example... or something.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/2...-smart-try-som

Fowdy Five suckas
                              This Culter guy in your link sounds great! Someone we could really use on the team. He sounds like a great QB and an all around nice guy that only thinks of his team. I mean look...he goes to a children hospital once a week for goodness sakes. I hope he's there at #12. If Shanah.....McDaniels doesn't draft him I'll be heated.
                              President Cool

Comment

Working...
                              X