Report: Scheffler officially on Trading Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Scheffler officially on Trading Block

While Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler is the subject of trade rumors, Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler is definitely on the trading block, according to Pro Football Weekly.

Per the report, the Broncos are fielding offers for Scheffler because new coach Josh McDaniels is more inclined toward blocking tight ends as he installs his offense. Scheffler, 26, is regarded as a good receiver.

The team reportedly isn’t necessarily committed to definitely moving Scheffler. However, the team is looking to explore the situation.

According to NFL.com, Scheffler caught 40 passes last season for 645 yards and three touchdowns in seven starts last season.

In three NFL seasons, the 6-foot-5, 250-pound former Western Michigan standout has registered 107 receptions for 1,480 yards and a dozen touchdowns.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...trading-block/
    WELCOME TO DENVER TIM

I think he could be pretty dangerous in this offense (splitting him out wide)
    but if you could get a good deal for him i could understand the reasoning behind it

Comment

I dont think we would get a good deal for him. He is to prone to injuries.
      Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Scheffler is a good player. I think we can probably get a 3rd rounder for him, but I'd rather keep him.

FINALLY, a story that has a link to back it up.....

Comment

Considering he was drafted with a second round pick only three years ago, and should he stay healthy is one of the top 5 receiving te's in the NFL, I doubt they field an offer that is worth him, solely because he has yet to prove he can stay healthy.

McDaniels needs to realize this is not the Denver Patriots, and we don't have to run exclusively "his" scheme. It would be ok to run a few hybrid formations to utilize the talent on your roster. :thumb: :salute!:
          sigpic

Comment

I'd take a 3rd for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
              I'd take a 3rd for him.
              Right, I'm sure management would feel that is worthy enough compensation, but I doubt a team offers that honestly.
              sigpic

Comment

Trade Tony for Brady Quinn lol

Comment

It really is starting to feel like McDaniels thinks his system is more important than the players running it. :doh:
                  Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Tony Scheffler is worth atleast a 3rd Round Pick. He would eat any of the TE's in this draft for lunch.

You do have to give McDaniels credit - he turned a Career Backup into a $14 million Player who looked very good. I don't think Cassel is a Great QB , it is more of the system.

Comment

Under Shannahan, Tony was integral in some ways... and the offense was more productive with him in there... and our record was better with him in the lineup, but take that how you will.

With McDaniels... who knows.... hate to see him go though...
                      Thanks, Reid!
                      sigpic
                      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I'd hate to see him go... I thought he was just the right TE for the Broncos... Either way, McDaniels is making some moves at the team, that I don't understand.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                          It really is starting to feel like McDaniels thinks his system is more important than the players running it. :doh:
                          As did Shanahan.
                          Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                            That has to be the case. How about McDaniels just stops screwing with the offense. Are we all in agreement?

:cutler: is my quarterback, and I enjoy watching him throw it to Scheffler.

Comment

Scheff is an excellent receiver that has had more "bad luck" injuries than correlated injuries.

I dont like McD trying to just overhaul everyone. Run a scheme that fits your players, because its much easier to do that.
                              sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                              SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Working...
                              X