derek anderson or brady quin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• derek anderson or brady quin?

so who woul u want if a trade went through... with derek i think u get a player who we know can play knows how to read def and what not basically we know can play qb ... but we get less draft picks i think... with quin we get more draft picks also a younger palyer and a player that josh can mold into wut he wants...but we dont even know if he can play.. personally i would want anderson.. but i dont even want jay to get traded :cutler::cutler::cutler:

made by showoff

Originally posted by crazybronco View Post
    so who woul u want if a trade went through... with derek i think u get a player who we know can play knows how to read def and what not basically we know can play qb ... but we get less draft picks i think... with quin we get more draft picks also a younger palyer and a player that josh can mold into wut he wants...but we dont even know if he can play.. personally i would want anderson.. but i dont even want jay to get traded :cutler::cutler::cutler:
    Deciding between the two..With Quinn I would have to go with a perceived upside and with Anderson at least I have 2yrs worth of xp to base my opinion off of and my perception of Quinn is not very high...

With that I have not followed the Browns at all ....

The QB I would want is the one the Browns would want to keep ..... that make any sense ...
    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Brady Quinn

+ upside and + mobility than Derek Anderson
      sigpic

Comment

Anderson to Denver if any Browns QB and not for any of thier players nor for any other Browns players. Just draft picks.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

IMO, Quinn is much better QB than Anderson. Granted Quinn has not played enough in the NFL to conclusively render a verdict, but I think he has a lot of upside that can turn him into a good QB in the NFL

I was excited with the prospect of having Cutler working with McDaniels, not because of the system, but because the one-on-one working relationship they whould've had which was going to help Cutler a great deal...
          sigpic
          I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Anderson is Cutler minus the mobility and some accuracy (though Braylon DOES NOT help him). I'd rather have Quinn though because he's a short passer like Cassel and JMcD knows how to coach that type of QB.

Comment

Here is my thought.

Derek Anderson had a great 2007 and then struggle a little in 2008. The fact is Cleveland doesn't have alot of talent on that team. It was like when Joe Montana went to KC , he still struggled on a bad team.

The Some < Parts

If you put a good QB on a crappy team it won't matter. Both Quinn and Anderson can do well if surrounded by a Great supporting cast.

My example of this Ben Rothesberger 1st Superbowl win. He was terrible in the SuperBowl but won because The Steelers were good EVERYWHERE ELSE.

or take the opposite John Elway in the 4 Superbowl losses with Terrible Defenses. Give him TD and very good Defenses and we win 2 SuperBowls.

Parts>Some

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                I'd rather have Quinn though because he's a short passer like Cassel and JMcD knows how to coach that type of QB.
                hey maybe we can work a trade with TB for Brian Griese, if that's the case...

Oh yeah, Quinn.

Comment

Originally posted by crazybronco View Post
                  you have it backwards from what i've heard... brady quinn is worth more than derek anderson.....we'd get less with quinn...and as far as i'm concerned i'd rather have quinn than anderson too

Comment

I would rather have Quinn, McD can mold him into the QB he wants + he has more upside and mobility than anderson
                    sigpic
                    Thanks Sporting4life!

Welcome to Denver Von Miller!!

Originally posted by MarshallMoss
                    My bet is open to anyone. 7 sacks minimum playing at least 14 games in 2011. I will eat crow if I am wrong, and will cp everyone who takes my offer. If you lose, you will be happy to send a cp my way![/B]
                    Bet Taken! Although i hope you win

Comment

Brady Quinn without a doubt. He played in Charlie Weis' system in college, which is very similar to McD's, so he'd easily fit in.

Derek Anderson = Matt Cassel = One Year Wonder

Comment

If i had to choice it be Brady Quinn with out a doubt.. Derek Anderson was a 1 year hit wounder couple years ago he just flout out sucks
                        sigpic

Comment

How can people say Anderson sucked in 08'. It might have been a bad year, but he had no help out there. 07' WRs were making the plays they were supposed to, RBs were pounding hard every play, and although the D sucked(08' as well) they were getting turnovers. He had none of that in 08' and he gets all the blame. Sounds lame to me.

Comment

Quinn comes with a bloated contract front heavy with guaranteed money he has never deserved or earned. I'd say neither, and let's keep Cutler, but if I had to choose I'd say Anderson because his price tag is next to nothing by comparison, so we could at least hedge our bets and spend the extra money on a Garcia or Leftwich if we had to. Plus, and this is key now, Anderson has actually started in games before and, despite the overall crappiness of Cleveland, has won a pretty good amount of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanders76 View Post
                              How can people say Anderson sucked in 08'. It might have been a bad year, but he had no help out there. 07' WRs were making the plays they were supposed to, RBs were pounding hard every play, and although the D sucked(08' as well) they were getting turnovers. He had none of that in 08' and he gets all the blame. Sounds lame to me.
                              Anderson sucked to begin with.

I never liked the guy, period. For your argument, the Browns WR's and RB were nearly the exact same as they were the year before - the same players except for Stallworth. The only major injury that plagued the WR's was the injury to Jurevicius. That's it.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                              X