A Look at our Defense right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian Dawkins is going to play SS...

At this point i am not very confident in Marcus Thomas. I think Peterson at this point is the starter.
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by denfan07 View Post
      the man is a solid football player

we arent asking him to be the best linebacker in corp thats why we have DJ Williams

Andra is a beast inside a tackling machine he looks motivated too so that could improve his play even more

man oh man i still cant believe we signed Niko Koutivides last year like what the heck where they thinking now he was not a starter
      I don't think people here know that Andra is not a starter.

Every single Browns fan that has inputted their opinion, has said he is flat out terrible. And that they are glad he's gone.

Comment

Housemouse - you are the only person here that thinks that Andra Davis isn't going to be THE STARTER.

Andre Davis in the last 6 Seasons has STARTED 83 games out of 96 games and has over 600 Tackles.

And you Housemouse thinks he will be a Backup???? God you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
          Housemouse - you are the only person here that thinks that Andra Davis isn't going to be THE STARTER.

Andre Davis in the last 6 Seasons has STARTED 83 games out of 96 games and has over 600 Tackles.

And you Housemouse thinks he will be a Backup???? God you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed!!!
          Jesus ****ing chirst.

Marquand Manuel started 52 games in last 6 years, and has 252 tackles.

Well he must be good.

Bananas can't get into college silly

Comment

manual is a safety who makes about 40 tackles a year. andra davis is a linebacker who makes over 100 tackles a year. you're trying to compare them?
            Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
            vs.
            Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
            Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
            First Round Pick TBA

Comment

i think we can all agree that the backfield is set and our 3-4 DE should be solid. So our areas of weakness is NT and LB. Personally I see DJ more of an OLB than ILB at this time and hopefully Moss, Doom or Crowder can produce at the other end. I see Davis as a back up like many others on this site. I also see Raji being gone by the time we pick.

I see Rey Maualuaga in the 1st and Jasper Brinkley in th 4th or 5th. I also see Baldwin, Maybin or some OLB in the 2nd. This would solidify our secondary and LB core along with a decent DE. If Ron Brace does fall to us in the 2nd we might jump on him and pick up an OLB in the 3rd due to the depth at this position. If Brace does not fall look for Terrence Taylor in the 4th or Sammie Lee Hill in the 5th. Just my :2cents:

Comment

Originally posted by housemouse View Post
                He sucks. Go on the Cleveland forums. EVERY MEMBER IS THANKFUL THAT HE'S GONE.
                Ya, thats a good place to go to judge a player. If you looked at these boards, you would be led to believe that Dre Bly is the worst CB in the history of the franchise. Ya, he might suck, but please don't refer to message boards to support that claim.

Comment

DJ Williams probably could play OLB and then we could use Andra Davis and SPENCER LARSEN at ILB!!!

Spencer Larsen should excell in the 3-4 because he won't have to cover as much of the field.

I agree that Jasper Brinkley would be a great pick 3-4 round.

Then we need to trade down and select Connor Barwin for Rush OLB!!!

Our LB's would be

DJ Williams---Andra Davis----Spencer Larsen----Connor Barwin

That would look pretty solid to me.

Comment

DJ Williams probably could play OLB and then we could use Andra Davis and SPENCER LARSEN at ILB!!!

Spencer Larsen should excell in the 3-4 because he won't have to cover as much of the field.

Our LB's would be

I thought Crowder and Moss were going to be have a shot?

Oh that's right you already traded them away for 8 picks over the next 4 years. my bad
                    Hey Fisherman Heres ans awesome website with tons of info and Forums www.Coloradofisherman.comApril Fools

Comment

Our LB's would be

DJ would be better off inside, and Andra Davis is over the hill. He was a solid
                      starter 3 years ago, but now it's not a good thing if he is your starter. Again
                      as I said, it might look solid but you or me or anyone have any idea how good
                      these 4-3 players will translate to the 3-4.

That is what Spring camp is for, getting an idea.
                      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Players who really don't fit 3-4 Defense.

1. Tim Crowder 6'4" 275lbs
                        2. Jarvis Moss 6'6" 260lbs
                        3. Elvis Dumervil 5'11" 260lbs

Denver's most glaring need is NT , OLB , ILB , CB.

The Players who I believe will make the most Impact in the Draft.

2. Aaron Maybin - 6'4" 249lbs
                        3. Connor Barwin - 6'4" 256lbs
                        4. Clay Mathews Jr - 6'3" 240lbs
                        5. Lawerence Sidbury Jr. - 6'3"
                        Really funny that threadstarter says Dumervil & Moss don´t fit, when they would be supposed to be running rush LB meaning they will mostly be passrushing, might drop in cover some, but both Dumervil and moss were doing LB drills during their combines, and were listed as possible 3-4 OLBs, and the guys listed below is roughly the same size as them.

Comment

Originally posted by bjoli198 View Post
                          Really funny that threadstarter says Dumervil & Moss don´t fit, when they would be supposed to be running rush LB meaning they will mostly be passrushing, might drop in cover some, but both Dumervil and moss were doing LB drills during their combines, and were listed as possible 3-4 OLBs, and the guys listed below is roughly the same size as them.
                          If I remember correctly Doom was a lower round pick so he obviously didn't
                          over impress at that combine in the drills.

Moss didn't dominate the drills either as when the draft came around he was
                          primarily seen as a DE not a OLB.

All 4 of the guys he listed have done better in LB drills then either Doom or
                          Moss did.
                          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by housemouse View Post
                            I don't think people here know that Andra is not a starter.

Every single Browns fan that has inputted their opinion, has said he is flat out terrible. And that they are glad he's gone.

I would Rather have Buster Davis rather then Andra...
                            sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Working...
                            X