DJ Williams and Spencer Larsen????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Williams and Spencer Larsen????

First question is where is DJ Williams going to play??? Inside or Outside.

I think that DJ Williams has shown throughtout his career that he is capabable of playing anywhere. I hope he stays at OLB.

Second Question is can Spencer Larsen be our Starter at ILB when the season starts?????

I for one was impressed when Larsen played last year and was rooting for him!!! I especially think that in a 3-4 that Larsen should be more effective because he doesn't have to cover as much ground as a 4-3.

Then come draft time I would love to see Connor Barwin at Rush LB. I also think we do need to somehow draft Jasper Brinkley for depth at ILB.

Our Starting LB's could be.

DJ Williams------Andra Davis----Spencer Larsen---Connor Barwin

You just posted this in the thread right below this.

But you lost the bold typing:salute!:

How about

Moss---DJ----Davis----Doom
    Hey Fisherman Heres ans awesome website with tons of info and Forums www.Coloradofisherman.comApril Fools

Comment

I'm not exactly sold on Larsen. He played alright last season but was totally hyped up. I hope he turns out to be a great player but right now I'm just not completely confident having him start.

Comment

i think larsen will back up Davis in the middle. DJ i think will mostly play middle as well, although he is probably athletic enough to do alright outside

Comment

DJ should stay inside to keep linemen off of him so he can use his speed and
          athleticism to make plays.

You have this same exact convo in your Denver Defense thread...

And Your pictures are retarded because some users still use dial-up and pics
          **** their **** up.
          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
            DJ should stay inside to keep linemen off of him so he can use his speed and
            athleticism to make plays.

You have this same exact convo in your Denver Defense thread...

And Your pictures are retarded because some users still use dial-up and pics
            **** their **** up.

People still use dialup???

Comment

He probably uses AOL as well.

Comment

So what you are saying is that Spencer Larsen isn't worthy of being a Starter????

There isn't alot of tape on Larsen but what I saw of him , I thought he played very well.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
                  So what you are saying is that Spencer Larsen isn't worthy of being a Starter????

There isn't alot of tape on Larsen but what I saw of him , I thought he played very well.
                  DJ will most likely play in the middle, and I think Larsen is more than capable of being our other starting ILB.
                  sigpic
                  Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by dman444 View Post
                    I'm not exactly sold on Larsen. He played alright last season but was totally hyped up. I hope he turns out to be a great player but right now I'm just not completely confident having him start.
                    I am. I think he played great in his first start. He was around the ball the whole time showing good pursuit speed and sidelime to sideline coverage. The guy can tackle
                    what would his role be?
                    I think it will take an extraordinary job in TC for him to crack the starting line-up. I see him as a rotational player. We will see. I hope he gets a fair chance to compete...
                    sigpic
                    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                      DJ will most likely play in the middle, and I think Larsen is more than capable of being our other starting ILB.
                      Agreed. DJ will be our starting WILB and probably backed-up by Woodyard. I'm a big fan of Larsen and hope he's our starting SILB this season with Davis as back-up. Green will probably the third-string at all four LB positions.

Larsen and Davis are near identical. Both are stout run-defenders with a great nose for the ball and solid tackling. Both are defensive leaders, but just average in coverage. Davis may have an edge from his experience, but Larsen is very football smart and this is a small edge. Larsen has the edge of youth, and this will become larger every year. Because they're near equals, there's a chance Davis starts on defense only because Larsen is the better SP-T'er. Either one should be a great SILB for us this year that comes out in Nickle, but I'm rooting for Larsen.:go:

Comment

Originally posted by *OrangeCrush* View Post
                        How about

Moss---DJ----Davis----Doom
                        I don't know how Doom will do in coverage. I remember in week 2 last year when Sproles caught that dumpoff pass, and it was Doom vs Sproles 1vs1 in the flat... Doom got his ankles broken and Sproles took it 70 plus yards to the house. I hope he will transition well because he would be the perfect Merriman type pass rusher we need at OLB. We can't blitz him all the time because it takes away from the deception that makes the 3-4 so tough to play against.

I think Jarvis is probably to soft to play SOLB in the 3-4. He would have to take on and shed a lot of blocks, but maybe he can handle the tight ends and fullbacks.

And to the OP. I think DJ has to play inside he isn't really big enough to play OLB in the 3-4. He should do fine there though... I wonder what Boss Bailey's role will be though
                        sigpic

Comment

I personally think that the best postiion for Moss is the one that he has dominated at since High School..... Benched, or inactive. With any luck, the light will go on. On paper he would be a perfect OLB in the 3-4, but then you watch him on the field and I just dont see the burst, or the savy to get to the QB, and the toughness just isnt there
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Larsson will be great depth but i rather see Woodyard starting over Larsson id like to see

Cushing, DJ, Woodyard, Doom
                            Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing that

Cant remember which game it was but id say somewhere before mid season. And i see Larsen maken some tackles on spec teams. At the time i didnt know who he was and i look over at my buddy and say "who is that they need ta put him in at linebacker so he can show some of these guys how to tackle." My friend promply replies "thats Spencer Larsen hes our other fullback and he played linebacker in college." Low and behold you start seein him playin some middle backer here and there. Not to shabby for a guy that most likely had to learn some of the defensive playbook in a short period of time. Id like to see him get a shot at being a full time backer.

As far as D.J. goes. D.J. will most likely be D.J. and play well at where ever we need him.
                              YAAAA!!! YOU TRIED BABY!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X