*Trade Out Of First MOCK DRAFT*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Trade Out Of First MOCK DRAFT*

Ok well, in my past mocks I have made trades that make sense, and have a good reason for them. Not so much now, but I'm suppose to be doing my science project and that's boring.

Okey dokey hokis pokus.

THE TRADE;
    We trade our #12 to NEW ENGLAND for their #34, #47, and #89. Now you may ask, why would they accept this trade? Here is why:
    I have no idea. If some one can think of why they would want to trade up than that'd be friggin' dandy.

#34- Louis Delmas FS

Brian Dawkins will be playing closer to the line as our SS. We are still weak at FS. Even though we signed Hill (I believe) most Miami fans say he's not too special. So we draft a hard hitting safety that knows how to be the QB of the defense. Can learn behind Dawkins. Good competition in TC, and can play ST. I would like to see him get stronger.

#47- Jarron Gilbert DE
    We have no real DEs that can fit in our 3-4. Some will try, but we need depth and a starter there. Gilbert is strong and tall. Ideal for a 3-4 DE. He is not as good against the run as Jackson, but he can work on it. Would like to see him add an extra 10 pounds. Oh and here's another reason, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXDSPbZ_OUw

#48- Jasper Brinkley ILB
    He use to be a top 10 pick, but had a leg injury which dropped him to the 6th round. Now after playing a season he has slowely worked his way back up. Andra Davis is not a starter, according to every Browns fan I have talked to or post i've seen, he sucks and they are thankful he is gone. Jasper is big and strong, making him our 3-4 SILB.

#79- Zack Follett OLB
    My favorite player in the draft. He is a great leader and a beast of a pass-rusher. California switched to a 3-4 this year and he excelled greatly. He will be able to play our hybrid D being a pass-rusher in 3-4 and SLB in 4-3. Would like to see him add at least five pounds. Oh and I'm his friend....................................on Facebook.

#89- David Veikune OLB
    Another OLB. Our current ones are terrible, and are very unlikely to excel in a 3-4. But if they do, we still need depth. Veikune played DE but would be too small to play it in the NFL. He had 35 bench reps and has the ability to play rush LB. I don't know much about him, but I have seen members here who are high on him, as well as draft sites speaking highly of him.

#114- Kyle Moore DE
    Another DE who can play in our 3-4. He is underrated, because he was over shadowed by all of USC's tallent. D linemen is where it's at. I would like to see him gain around 15 pounds, making him the ideal size for a 3-4 DE.

#140- Louis Vasquez OG
    No doubt our O line was great this year, but Ben Hamilton was the weak link (that's not saying much) but he will retire soon. And we need some one to fill that position. I believe Litch will play C. Vasquez could improve his technique. 39 bench reps.

#149- Patrick Turner WR
    Imagine this.
    WR- Brandon Marshall
    WR- Patrick Turner
    SLOT WR- Eddie Royal
    How in the hell would you defend that? Once stokely retires we will move Royal into the slot, and most likely put Turner as #2.

#185- Chris Baker NT
    A big stout dude, just a late round developmental player. Looks like Fields will start at NT. But Baker can provide some competition and depth.

#225- Al Afalava SS

Not much to say about late round picks. Learn behind Dawkins at SS. Depth and ST kind of guy.

------------------------------------------------------

So in this draft I believe I addressed every need we have. Except maybe for CB, but with a great D line and LBs in front of them, we don't need a superstar.

Imo Sean Smith> Louis Delmas. But very good mock.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
      Imo Sean Smith> Louis Delmas. But very good mock.
      But do you think Smith would play CB or FS?

Comment

Fail -

Louis Delmas is our 1st Pick???? What the heck. How about drafting a Real Rush OLB?????

Delmas - Backup for 2 years
        Gilbert - Backup for 1 year
        Brinkley - Backup for 2 years
        Zack Follet - Backup his entire CAREER
        David Veikune - Another Backup
        Kyle Moore - Backup
        Louis Vasquez - Backup for 2 years
        Patrick Turner - Rotational WR

Hell I would rather stay at 12 and select a RB than draft Delmas. Beanie Wells or Knowshon Moreno would have a much Bigger Impact than Delmas.

Oh Yeah did I say "Fail"

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
          Fail -

Louis Delmas is our 1st Pick???? What the heck. How about drafting a Real Rush OLB?????

Kyle Moore - Backup

Hell I would rather stay at 12 and select a RB than draft Delmas. Beanie Wells or Knowshon Moreno would have a much Bigger Impact than Delmas.

Oh Yeah did I say "Fail"
          Dude, be nicer. If you want to make your own mock (and we all know that you have many) then go make yet another.
          sigpic

Comment

Fail -

Kyle Moore - Backup

Oh Yeah did I say "Fail"
            It's nice to know you can predict the future...

Delmas - Backup for 2 years- To who?
            Gilbert - Backup for 1 year- To who?
            Brinkley - Backup for 2 years- To who?
            Zack Follet - Backup his entire CAREER- Two who? Moss and Doom who can barely play DE and have no experience in a 3-4?
            David Veikune - Another Backup-^^
            Kyle Moore - Backup- To who?
            Louis Vasquez - Backup for 2 years-Late round pick. You don't expect them to start..
            Patrick Turner - Rotational WR- Stokely will retire, it would be nice to groom a WR.

It would be nice if you knew what you were talking about.

Comment

Fail -

Kyle Moore - Backup

Oh Yeah did I say "Fail"
              Oh and draft a real rush OLB?
              Follett is a real rush OLB. Him and Sintim are the only two that have actually played in a 3-4 D.

Comment

Fail -

Kyle Moore - Backup

Oh Yeah did I say "Fail"
                Yeah, like you have room to talk You have a **** mock every other minute.

Btw, Great mock House Mouse.:salute!:
                Last edited by Bronco-24; 03-25-2009, 08:51 PM.
                Originally posted by darth-hideous
                Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
                Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

Fail -

Kyle Moore - Backup

Oh Yeah did I say "Fail"
                  dude what the heck is wrong with you. i mean i really never bashed you for all your mocks before, but seriously, some of us actually enjoy the occasional mock drafts made by someone other then you.

and overall nice mock, i think that delmas would have a chance of competing with hills and brinkley would be able to compete with davis. we have less holes then you would think after the FA. and as for the reasons for trade, i don't know much about the pats but i believe they might either want a number 2 reciever if they can afford the luxury, maybe a CB like malcolm jenkins, and after vrabel left id imagine they could use a guy like cushing.
                  Last edited by broncos1997; 03-25-2009, 07:53 PM.
                  disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Fail -

Kyle Moore - Backup

Oh Yeah did I say "Fail"
                    seriously man, if you are going to attack everyone who has a different opinion than you youre gonna have a hard time on here because the majority of us are already sick of your crap. jesus, making useless and unrealistic mocks all the time and then going and criticizing everyone else for their mocks. there is no charger fan, raider fan, or any other fan i have seen on these boards who is a bigger hypocrite than you.
                    Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                    vs.
                    Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                    Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                    First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Originally posted by housemouse View Post
                      but do you think smith would play cb or fs?
                      fs........
                      sigpic

Comment

Fail -

Kyle Moore - Backup

Oh Yeah did I say "Fail"
                        Dude, you have absolutely no credibility to judge mock drafts. The garbage you throw out every other day is what really FAILS.

OP - I would change a couple of things though. I prefer Clint Sintim, so I would take him at 48 and Brinkley at 79. But that's it, other than the fact that I believe your trade to be very, very unlikely. It's so un-Patriot to move up for 1st rounders. They have built their dynasty through the draft, so I highly doubt they would trade 3 top 90 picks for only 1 in return.

But you're not expecting this crazy trade to happen, unlike some people *caugh caugh* broncosfansd. I'm calling it now, his next mock is going to trade DJ Williams...

Comment

Well researched and I like most of the picks, but I hate it when people do trades as part of their mocks.

Gilbert and Follett are real good choices.
                          A book I wrote

Comment

Still No- IMPACT Players with the 1st Pick

FAIL

Comment

Still No- IMPACT Players with the 1st Pick

FAIL
                              wow youre hopeless...
                              Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                              vs.
                              Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                              Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                              First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Working...
                              X