*Trade Out Of First MOCK DRAFT*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by housemouse View Post
    Ok well, in my past mocks I have made trades that make sense, and have a good reason for them. Not so much now, but I'm suppose to be doing my science project and that's boring.

Okey dokey hokis pokus.

THE TRADE;
    We trade our #12 to NEW ENGLAND for their #34, #47, and #89. Now you may ask, why would they accept this trade? Here is why:
    I have no idea. If some one can think of why they would want to trade up than that'd be friggin' dandy.

#34- Louis Delmas FS

Brian Dawkins will be playing closer to the line as our SS. We are still weak at FS. Even though we signed Hill (I believe) most Miami fans say he's not too special. So we draft a hard hitting safety that knows how to be the QB of the defense. Can learn behind Dawkins. Good competition in TC, and can play ST. I would like to see him get stronger.

#47- Jarron Gilbert DE
    We have no real DEs that can fit in our 3-4. Some will try, but we need depth and a starter there. Gilbert is strong and tall. Ideal for a 3-4 DE. He is not as good against the run as Jackson, but he can work on it. Would like to see him add an extra 10 pounds. Oh and here's another reason, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXDSPbZ_OUw

#48- Jasper Brinkley ILB
    He use to be a top 10 pick, but had a leg injury which dropped him to the 6th round. Now after playing a season he has slowely worked his way back up. Andra Davis is not a starter, according to every Browns fan I have talked to or post i've seen, he sucks and they are thankful he is gone. Jasper is big and strong, making him our 3-4 SILB.

#79- Zack Follett OLB
    My favorite player in the draft. He is a great leader and a beast of a pass-rusher. California switched to a 3-4 this year and he excelled greatly. He will be able to play our hybrid D being a pass-rusher in 3-4 and SLB in 4-3. Would like to see him add at least five pounds. Oh and I'm his friend....................................on Facebook.

#89- David Veikune OLB
    Another OLB. Our current ones are terrible, and are very unlikely to excel in a 3-4. But if they do, we still need depth. Veikune played DE but would be too small to play it in the NFL. He had 35 bench reps and has the ability to play rush LB. I don't know much about him, but I have seen members here who are high on him, as well as draft sites speaking highly of him.

#114- Kyle Moore DE
    Another DE who can play in our 3-4. He is underrated, because he was over shadowed by all of USC's tallent. D linemen is where it's at. I would like to see him gain around 15 pounds, making him the ideal size for a 3-4 DE.

#140- Louis Vasquez OG
    No doubt our O line was great this year, but Ben Hamilton was the weak link (that's not saying much) but he will retire soon. And we need some one to fill that position. I believe Litch will play C. Vasquez could improve his technique. 39 bench reps.

#149- Patrick Turner WR
    Imagine this.
    WR- Brandon Marshall
    WR- Patrick Turner
    SLOT WR- Eddie Royal
    How in the hell would you defend that? Once stokely retires we will move Royal into the slot, and most likely put Turner as #2.

#185- Chris Baker NT
    A big stout dude, just a late round developmental player. Looks like Fields will start at NT. But Baker can provide some competition and depth.

#225- Al Afalava SS

Not much to say about late round picks. Learn behind Dawkins at SS. Depth and ST kind of guy.

------------------------------------------------------

So in this draft I believe I addressed every need we have. Except maybe for CB, but with a great D line and LBs in front of them, we don't need a superstar.
    WHY even post this seriously??

Here's my idea, Why dont we trade up and trade Detriot our #12 for their first 6 picks in the draft!!

WE WILL OWN THE DRAFT!

I mean SERIOUSLY?!?!

GOGO:cutler:

Comment

I would be ok with this.:salute!:
      I love the Veikune pick, he is one of my favorite players in the draft.
      I think Gilbert will go a little higher than that, but not much. As for Delmas, he has the talent and would probably be a good pick, i would rather have rashaas johnson a little later in the round, but thats just cuz he's one of my favorite players.

The trade is a little far fetched, but still way more realistic than you know who's every trade filled ridicules mocks.

Comment

HouseMouse - What is your Reason that New England would trade 3 picks for??? What Player. New England didn't want KC's 1st Round Pick at 3 because they didn't want it. You must have put in alot of thought in that one.

Rediculous trade idea. Must be the dumbest trade idea I have ever heard!!! LOL

God awful.

And if this rediculous trade went through this is who The Broncos would take.

http://drafttek.com/round22009.asp

2nd - Connor Barwin - RUSH OLB
        2nd - Jarron Gilbert - your best pick
        2nd - Sherod Martin - CB - Troy
        3rd - Chip Vaughn - SS - Wake Forest
        4th - Jasper Brinkley - ILB - South Carolina
        5th - Antonio Appleby - ILB - Virginia (who is rising fast)
        5th - Chris Baker - NT - Hampton (he won't last til 6th round)
        6th - Darius Passmore - WR - Marshall
        7th - Terrance Knighton - NT - Temple
        7th - Greg Orton - WR - Purdue

Comment

I love this mock. I think Delmas and Gilbert would be steals at these picks. They would both start for many years and I think Delmas is a ballhawk. He will be a difference maker for someone on D.

Keep in mind that Dawkins did not play on many passing downs for the Eagles last year and when he did it was often as a LB and not a safety. We will need two safeties that can cover. I would love to see Delmas and Dawkins as starters with Hill playing alot; especially in nickel and dime packages.

I do agree with some others that we could use a stronger RUSH OLB as part of our draft but we have so many needs it is tough to argue with a mock that will produce quality starters.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
            HouseMouse - What is your Reason that New England would trade 3 picks for??? What Player. New England didn't want KC's 1st Round Pick at 3 because they didn't want it. You must have put in alot of thought in that one.

God awful.

And if this rediculous trade went through this is who The Broncos would take.

http://drafttek.com/round22009.asp

2nd - Connor Barwin - RUSH OLB
            2nd - Jarron Gilbert - your best pick
            2nd - Sherod Martin - CB - Troy
            3rd - Chip Vaughn - SS - Wake Forest
            4th - Jasper Brinkley - ILB - South Carolina
            5th - Antonio Appleby - ILB - Virginia (who is rising fast)
            5th - Chris Baker - NT - Hampton (he won't last til 6th round)
            6th - Darius Passmore - WR - Marshall
            7th - Terrance Knighton - NT - Temple
            7th - Greg Orton - WR - Purdue

You might want to pass on criticism of others trade ideas. At least his values are close. Unlike your Sheffler for a 2nd rounder a couple of days ago....

Talk about ridiculous... And yes your spelling was a bit off yet again.

Comment

Tony Scheffler was our 2nd Round Pick and name 1 player in the draft who is as good as Tony is right now?????

Tony should easily be worth Atlanta's late 2nd Round Pick. Think about it for a hour

Comment

God awful.

You of all people should not be allowed to critique other peoples trade ideas.
                Your marshall and scheffler trades were the 2 most ridicules trades i have seen this offseason. You had us replacing Marshall with 4 different receivers...lol So unless you are planning on cutting Royal, Stockely, and Gaffney then we would not have the roster room to handle that trade.

Tony Scheffler was our 2nd Round Pick and name 1 player in the draft who is as good as Tony is right now?????

Tony should easily be worth Atlanta's late 2nd Round Pick. Think about it for a hour
                Scheffler is a very good TE, but because of his injury history and inconsistancy he not viewed that highly around the league, we would be lucky to get a 3rd for him.

So yeah you really shouldnt be the one questioning other's mocks

Comment

Den615 - How do you know what Tony Scheffler is worth in a trade. Are you a NFL GM??? He was a 2nd Round Pick
                  Is better than any TE in this draft. Scheffler ran a 4.56 forty and CATCHES everything thrown his way!!!

And everyone rips my trade Ideas!!!

But this one is plain DUMB. NEW ENGLAND TRADING 3 Picks to MOVE UP after not taking KC's 1st. REDICULOUS!!!

Comment

Sheff is not worth a second rounder. He can't stay healthy. Last year the Chiefs couldn't get a second rounder for Gonzalez. The Panthers have talked about a second rounder for Peppers. There is no way Sheff is worth a second rounder. There are alot of players that were second round picks that are not worth a second rounder now. I am not against Sheff though, so I won't get into a discussion on everyone in this draft that I think is better than him. I have not understood why we want to trade him in the first place. The bottom line is that with Sheff you know what you get (and it is not a superstar or even a pro bowl caliber guy); with one of the second rounders we are drafting potential.

The funniest part is that several of your mocks have him going for a third rounder. Then out of the blue it goes to a second because you want to include a better player in your draft. Why did his value go up? We have no idea... Just because you wanted it to go up. Most people disagreed with you on Sheff's value for a third rounder....At what point do you start saying he will traded for a first rounder? Your perception of value is very scewed. This is only one example. Your trade ideas for Marshall are probably worse. Here is a guy that could be facing suspension and you think we will get a 1st and a 3rd for him? When you do this stuff you lose credibility.... As you can tell by the numerous other posts your statements have zero value, for most on this board. You are viewed as a spammer.... I am sorry to say it. I really respect everyones permission to post but it is sad when someone goes so overboard that everyone feels they are just wasting space.

I don't need to think about it for AN hour..... I am smart enough to understand the trade values involved. The only difficult part is following your English.

Comment

Den615 - How do you know what Tony Scheffler is worth in a trade. Are you a NFL GM??? He was a 2nd Round Pick
                      Is better than any TE in this draft. Scheffler ran a 4.56 forty and CATCHES everything thrown his way!!!

And everyone rips my trade Ideas!!!

But this one is plain DUMB. NEW ENGLAND TRADING 3 Picks to MOVE UP after not taking KC's 1st. REDICULOUS!!!
                      "And everyone rips my trade Ideas!!!"

There is a good reason for that

There are many TE's that have the potential to be a very similar player as Tony, and most of them will go in the 3rd-5th round range, that is why he will not garner a 2nd round pick.

There are plenty of receiving TE's in this draft:
                      Cornelius Ingram
                      Shawn Nelson
                      Jared Cook
                      Kory Sperry

Those are players just off the top of my head that will have a similar role as scheffler in the NFL, and at the very highest only 2 of those guys will go before round 3

Just curious, by your logic wouldnt Jarvis Moss be worth a 1st round pick?
                      Last edited by Den615; 03-26-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

The other big factor is that NFL teams value the early years of a player. They want the production before the second contract. Especially for players picked after the first round. This is why you will often times see players traded for picks; and it doesn't seem to equate.

Last year we saw several of these. Kris Jenkins, Shaun Rogers, and Stroud just to name a few. Teams were trying to get rid of salary and capitalize on young talent. Take a look at what these guys got traded for. Do you really expect Sheffler to be traded for more?

Comment

OK let's look at the teams who need a TE.

Philly - lost LJ Smith to FA- Scheffler would easily be worth a 2nd to Philly in that OFFENSE.

Atlanta - there is talk of them using a 1st Round Pick on a TE who hasn't played 1 down in the NFL

Buffalo - they very early were Slated to draft Pettigrew(until he ran very slowly at the combine) at 11th Pick in the draft.

Cleveland - Got rid of Kellen Winslow - have no-one like Scheffler on the team.

The fact is Scheffler when healthy is a MATCHUP NIGHTMARE. There isn't a LB who can cover him. So 2nd Round isn't out of the realm.

Comment

Philly - lost LJ Smith to FA- Scheffler would easily be worth a 2nd to Philly in that OFFENSE.

Atlanta - there is talk of them using a 1st Round Pick on a TE who hasn't played 1 down in the NFL

Buffalo - they very early were Slated to draft Pettigrew(until he ran very slowly at the combine) at 11th Pick in the draft.

The fact is Scheffler when healthy is a MATCHUP NIGHTMARE. There isn't a LB who can cover him. So 2nd Round isn't out of the realm.

Alright, im done. Instead of addressing our points (mine & myoung) you just reword your original argument.

Scheffler is over valued by bronco fans (myself included), but if you ask other teams about him the view is completely different. They see a very solid #2/ complimentary TE who cant stay healthy. Teams will not give a 2nd round pick for that.

SO instead of explaining it to you again i will just say this:

We arent getting a second rounder for Tony Scheffler

I put it in bold to help you understand it

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                              Alright, im done. Instead of addressing our points (mine & myoung) you just reword your original argument.

Scheffler is over valued by bronco fans (myself included), but if you ask other teams about him the view is completely different. They see a very solid #2/ complimentary TE who cant stay healthy. Teams will not give a 2nd round pick for that.

SO instead of explaining it to you again i will just say this:

We arent getting a second rounder for Tony Scheffler

I put it in bold to help you understand it
                              Well said....

Comment

foxworth was drafted in the fourth and we got a 7th for him. could we trade jarvis moss for a first? how about ashley lelie? could david carr be traded for a first? jason babin? no one will trade a second for scheff. he gets hurt too much for any of those listed above to be ready to give up that much.
                                Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                                vs.
                                Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                                Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                                First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Working...
                                X