X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goatmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
    HouseMouse - you shouldn't call people names.

As far as your Connor Barwin comment. Tell me why Experts in the NFL like Connor Barwin better than Zack Follett????

Do you know more than they do??? NO

Let me see. Barwin is bigger , faster , and his #'s blow away Follett. Barwin also had 11 Sacks this year for Cincinatti.

So your arguement is over
    follett was playing with better talent than barwin was. barwin did two more reps and ran his twenty (which is waaaaaay more important for a linebacker than the 40)3 hundreds of a second faster. two guys with barely a difference in athleticism. one is already proven in the 3-4 yet can be gotten at least a round later, who would i want? the experienced one. follett wins

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied
    I agree with you Cutler'stheman. That the draft isn't a exact science but when Mouse says that Follett is a better Rush LB than Barwin , I have to disagree.

Barwin is 6'4" 256lbs ran a 4.5 forty and jumped a Rediculous 40.6 Vertical jump. He also produced last year with 11 Sacks!!!! That is why he is a late 1st/early 2nd Round Pick

Follett is a decent 4th Round Player but is Smaller , Slower , and less Explosive.

Leave a comment:

• CTM
    replied

As far as your Connor Barwin comment. Tell me why Experts in the NFL like Connor Barwin better than Zack Follett????

Let me see. Barwin is bigger , faster , and his #'s blow away Follett. Barwin also had 11 Sacks this year for Cincinatti.

Hey, your comments haven't been very rosy lately either.

Now I dont think he was saying Follett is necessarily better, he said Follett had experience at a 3-4 OLB spot.

And who knows? I actually think Follett could do very well in the NFL even tough he's a bit undersized.

And these "Experts" you say know a lot more than everyone have helped picked busts as well.

The Draft is not a science, there is no gaurenteed method of judging the transition of success. So please realize this before you criticize someone's judgement of a player.

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• housemouse
    replied
    HouseMouse - What is your Reason that New England would trade 3 picks for??? What Player. New England didn't want KC's 1st Round Pick at 3 because they didn't want it. You must have put in alot of thought in that one.

Rediculous trade idea. Must be the dumbest trade idea I have ever heard!!! LOL

God awful.

And if this rediculous trade went through this is who The Broncos would take.

http://drafttek.com/round22009.asp

2nd - Connor Barwin - RUSH OLB
    2nd - Jarron Gilbert - your best pick
    2nd - Sherod Martin - CB - Troy
    3rd - Chip Vaughn - SS - Wake Forest
    4th - Jasper Brinkley - ILB - South Carolina
    5th - Antonio Appleby - ILB - Virginia (who is rising fast)
    5th - Chris Baker - NT - Hampton (he won't last til 6th round)
    6th - Darius Passmore - WR - Marshall
    7th - Terrance Knighton - NT - Temple
    7th - Greg Orton - WR - Purdue

Well genius, I clearly stated "Now you may ask, why would they accept this trade? Here is why:
    I have no idea. If some one can think of why they would want to trade up than that'd be friggin' dandy."

And you said you want a real 3-4 OLB..... Follett and Sintim are the only ones have had had exp in a 3-4. Yet you still want Barwin who in my opinion will not excel as a rush olb.

Leave a comment:

• Goatmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by basbllplaya26 View Post
    not to mention, the guy can't block
    true that:salute!::salute!:

Leave a comment:

• basbllplaya26
    replied
    Originally posted by Goatmaster View Post
    foxworth was drafted in the fourth and we got a 7th for him. could we trade jarvis moss for a first? how about ashley lelie? could david carr be traded for a first? jason babin? no one will trade a second for scheff. he gets hurt too much for any of those listed above to be ready to give up that much.
    not to mention, the guy can't block

Leave a comment:

• Goatmaster
    replied
    OK let's look at the teams who need a TE.

Philly - lost LJ Smith to FA- Scheffler would easily be worth a 2nd to Philly in that OFFENSE.

Atlanta - there is talk of them using a 1st Round Pick on a TE who hasn't played 1 down in the NFL

Buffalo - they very early were Slated to draft Pettigrew(until he ran very slowly at the combine) at 11th Pick in the draft.

Cleveland - Got rid of Kellen Winslow - have no-one like Scheffler on the team.

The fact is Scheffler when healthy is a MATCHUP NIGHTMARE. There isn't a LB who can cover him. So 2nd Round isn't out of the realm.
    foxworth was drafted in the fourth and we got a 7th for him. could we trade jarvis moss for a first? how about ashley lelie? could david carr be traded for a first? jason babin? no one will trade a second for scheff. he gets hurt too much for any of those listed above to be ready to give up that much.

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    Alright, im done. Instead of addressing our points (mine & myoung) you just reword your original argument.

Scheffler is over valued by bronco fans (myself included), but if you ask other teams about him the view is completely different. They see a very solid #2/ complimentary TE who cant stay healthy. Teams will not give a 2nd round pick for that.

SO instead of explaining it to you again i will just say this:

We arent getting a second rounder for Tony Scheffler

I put it in bold to help you understand it
    Well said....

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied

Philly - lost LJ Smith to FA- Scheffler would easily be worth a 2nd to Philly in that OFFENSE.

Atlanta - there is talk of them using a 1st Round Pick on a TE who hasn't played 1 down in the NFL

Buffalo - they very early were Slated to draft Pettigrew(until he ran very slowly at the combine) at 11th Pick in the draft.

The fact is Scheffler when healthy is a MATCHUP NIGHTMARE. There isn't a LB who can cover him. So 2nd Round isn't out of the realm.

Alright, im done. Instead of addressing our points (mine & myoung) you just reword your original argument.

Scheffler is over valued by bronco fans (myself included), but if you ask other teams about him the view is completely different. They see a very solid #2/ complimentary TE who cant stay healthy. Teams will not give a 2nd round pick for that.

SO instead of explaining it to you again i will just say this:

We arent getting a second rounder for Tony Scheffler

I put it in bold to help you understand it

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    The other big factor is that NFL teams value the early years of a player. They want the production before the second contract. Especially for players picked after the first round. This is why you will often times see players traded for picks; and it doesn't seem to equate.

Last year we saw several of these. Kris Jenkins, Shaun Rogers, and Stroud just to name a few. Teams were trying to get rid of salary and capitalize on young talent. Take a look at what these guys got traded for. Do you really expect Sheffler to be traded for more?

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    Den615 - How do you know what Tony Scheffler is worth in a trade. Are you a NFL GM??? He was a 2nd Round Pick
    Is better than any TE in this draft. Scheffler ran a 4.56 forty and CATCHES everything thrown his way!!!

And everyone rips my trade Ideas!!!

But this one is plain DUMB. NEW ENGLAND TRADING 3 Picks to MOVE UP after not taking KC's 1st. REDICULOUS!!!
    "And everyone rips my trade Ideas!!!"

There is a good reason for that

There are many TE's that have the potential to be a very similar player as Tony, and most of them will go in the 3rd-5th round range, that is why he will not garner a 2nd round pick.

There are plenty of receiving TE's in this draft:
    Cornelius Ingram
    Shawn Nelson
    Jared Cook
    Kory Sperry

Those are players just off the top of my head that will have a similar role as scheffler in the NFL, and at the very highest only 2 of those guys will go before round 3

Just curious, by your logic wouldnt Jarvis Moss be worth a 1st round pick?
    Last edited by Den615; 03-26-2009, 11:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    Tony Scheffler was our 2nd Round Pick and name 1 player in the draft who is as good as Tony is right now?????

Tony should easily be worth Atlanta's late 2nd Round Pick. Think about it for a hour
    Sheff is not worth a second rounder. He can't stay healthy. Last year the Chiefs couldn't get a second rounder for Gonzalez. The Panthers have talked about a second rounder for Peppers. There is no way Sheff is worth a second rounder. There are alot of players that were second round picks that are not worth a second rounder now. I am not against Sheff though, so I won't get into a discussion on everyone in this draft that I think is better than him. I have not understood why we want to trade him in the first place. The bottom line is that with Sheff you know what you get (and it is not a superstar or even a pro bowl caliber guy); with one of the second rounders we are drafting potential.

The funniest part is that several of your mocks have him going for a third rounder. Then out of the blue it goes to a second because you want to include a better player in your draft. Why did his value go up? We have no idea... Just because you wanted it to go up. Most people disagreed with you on Sheff's value for a third rounder....At what point do you start saying he will traded for a first rounder? Your perception of value is very scewed. This is only one example. Your trade ideas for Marshall are probably worse. Here is a guy that could be facing suspension and you think we will get a 1st and a 3rd for him? When you do this stuff you lose credibility.... As you can tell by the numerous other posts your statements have zero value, for most on this board. You are viewed as a spammer.... I am sorry to say it. I really respect everyones permission to post but it is sad when someone goes so overboard that everyone feels they are just wasting space.

I don't need to think about it for AN hour..... I am smart enough to understand the trade values involved. The only difficult part is following your English.

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied
    Den615 - How do you know what Tony Scheffler is worth in a trade. Are you a NFL GM??? He was a 2nd Round Pick
    Is better than any TE in this draft. Scheffler ran a 4.56 forty and CATCHES everything thrown his way!!!

And everyone rips my trade Ideas!!!

But this one is plain DUMB. NEW ENGLAND TRADING 3 Picks to MOVE UP after not taking KC's 1st. REDICULOUS!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X