*Trade Out Of First MOCK DRAFT*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goatmaster View Post
    foxworth was drafted in the fourth and we got a 7th for him. could we trade jarvis moss for a first? how about ashley lelie? could david carr be traded for a first? jason babin? no one will trade a second for scheff. he gets hurt too much for any of those listed above to be ready to give up that much.
    not to mention, the guy can't block

Comment

Originally posted by basbllplaya26 View Post
      not to mention, the guy can't block
      true that:salute!::salute!:
      Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
      vs.
      Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
      Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
      First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
        HouseMouse - What is your Reason that New England would trade 3 picks for??? What Player. New England didn't want KC's 1st Round Pick at 3 because they didn't want it. You must have put in alot of thought in that one.

Rediculous trade idea. Must be the dumbest trade idea I have ever heard!!! LOL

God awful.

And if this rediculous trade went through this is who The Broncos would take.

http://drafttek.com/round22009.asp

2nd - Connor Barwin - RUSH OLB
        2nd - Jarron Gilbert - your best pick
        2nd - Sherod Martin - CB - Troy
        3rd - Chip Vaughn - SS - Wake Forest
        4th - Jasper Brinkley - ILB - South Carolina
        5th - Antonio Appleby - ILB - Virginia (who is rising fast)
        5th - Chris Baker - NT - Hampton (he won't last til 6th round)
        6th - Darius Passmore - WR - Marshall
        7th - Terrance Knighton - NT - Temple
        7th - Greg Orton - WR - Purdue

Well genius, I clearly stated "Now you may ask, why would they accept this trade? Here is why:
        I have no idea. If some one can think of why they would want to trade up than that'd be friggin' dandy."

And you said you want a real 3-4 OLB..... Follett and Sintim are the only ones have had had exp in a 3-4. Yet you still want Barwin who in my opinion will not excel as a rush olb.

Comment

HouseMouse - you shouldn't call people names.

As far as your Connor Barwin comment. Tell me why Experts in the NFL like Connor Barwin better than Zack Follett????

Do you know more than they do??? NO

Let me see. Barwin is bigger , faster , and his #'s blow away Follett. Barwin also had 11 Sacks this year for Cincinatti.

So your arguement is over

Comment

As far as your Connor Barwin comment. Tell me why Experts in the NFL like Connor Barwin better than Zack Follett????

Let me see. Barwin is bigger , faster , and his #'s blow away Follett. Barwin also had 11 Sacks this year for Cincinatti.

Hey, your comments haven't been very rosy lately either.

Now I dont think he was saying Follett is necessarily better, he said Follett had experience at a 3-4 OLB spot.

And who knows? I actually think Follett could do very well in the NFL even tough he's a bit undersized.

And these "Experts" you say know a lot more than everyone have helped picked busts as well.

The Draft is not a science, there is no gaurenteed method of judging the transition of success. So please realize this before you criticize someone's judgement of a player.
            A book I wrote

Comment

I agree with you Cutler'stheman. That the draft isn't a exact science but when Mouse says that Follett is a better Rush LB than Barwin , I have to disagree.

Barwin is 6'4" 256lbs ran a 4.5 forty and jumped a Rediculous 40.6 Vertical jump. He also produced last year with 11 Sacks!!!! That is why he is a late 1st/early 2nd Round Pick

Follett is a decent 4th Round Player but is Smaller , Slower , and less Explosive.

Comment

follett was playing with better talent than barwin was. barwin did two more reps and ran his twenty (which is waaaaaay more important for a linebacker than the 40)3 hundreds of a second faster. two guys with barely a difference in athleticism. one is already proven in the 3-4 yet can be gotten at least a round later, who would i want? the experienced one. follett wins
                Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                vs.
                Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                First Round Pick TBA

Comment

The thing about you Broncofansd, is that you only listen to the so called "experts" and their combine.

You get high on a new batch of players every other week. I highly doubt you have even watched any of them play, and that's what counts. What they do on the field, not their combine results are what the "experts" say.

Comment

Mouse - I watch a ton of college games , Bowl Games , Senior Bowl and watch Path to the draft , and pretty much every Web sit I can find.

So you are wrong. I have consistently wanted the same players BJ Raji ,Ron Brace, Clay Mathews , Connor Barwin , Clint Sintim.

Obviously when you gather more Information ie:the combine , pro days , and testing I am going to change some of these picks.

I think everyone had us taking Maualuga until he Bombed The Combine and showed up kind of flabby. He will probably be picked 24th-32nd now.

Same thing with Tyson Jackson(who I never was a fan of) , he goes and does poorly at his ProDay and NFL experts question his talent.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

The funny thing is you ALWAYS rip my post but can't handle it when someone doesn't like yours.

I think this is Hilarious!!!!

A Safety with our 1st Pick???? Come on!!! NT , OLB , RB , DE would all be better picks.

I never questioned Delmas as a Player but he will never be our 1st Pick. NEVER

Comment

[B]
                      Same thing with Tyson Jackson(who I never was a fan of) , he goes and does poorly at his ProDay and NFL experts question his talent.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
                      Tyson Jackson did not do poorly at the combine or his pro day. For a DE there 40 time really doesnt matter, and his still wasnt that bad. But he excelled at everything else, especially the positional drills. He is a top 15 talent, and a real possibility at #12

Comment

Let's see how cinsitent you are with the players in your mock. I'm gunna go find some mocks of yours and compare the first 2 players chosen. If some players are in all of the mocks than hooray for you, if they're just about all different, it'll prove you get high of players when experts weigh in and their combine/pro day results.

Ok i quickly found 5 mocks of yours.
                        Let's compare first two picks from each

Mock 1
                        #1. Raji
                        #2. Barwin

Mock 2.
                        #1. Jenkins
                        #2. Moreno

Mock 3.
                        #1. Gilbert
                        #2. Sidbury

Mock 4.
                        #1. Brace
                        #2. Sintim

Mock 5.
                        #1. Matthews
                        #2. Brace

So out of these 5 mocks, only one player appeared twice.

OH AND ALSO I FOUND,

In one of your mocks in January. You were taking Brandon Spiked with #33.
                        Eight days later you say in a brand new thread that you don't want Brandon Spikes.

Comment

OK let's look at the teams who need a TE.

Philly - lost LJ Smith to FA- Scheffler would easily be worth a 2nd to Philly in that OFFENSE.

Atlanta - there is talk of them using a 1st Round Pick on a TE who hasn't played 1 down in the NFL

Buffalo - they very early were Slated to draft Pettigrew(until he ran very slowly at the combine) at 11th Pick in the draft.

Cleveland - Got rid of Kellen Winslow - have no-one like Scheffler on the team.

The fact is Scheffler when healthy is a MATCHUP NIGHTMARE. There isn't a LB who can cover him. So 2nd Round isn't out of the realm.

You clearly have no idea what your talking about.

Scheff better than all the TE's in this draft? Hell no. Pettigrew will run circles
                          around him after his rookie season if not before. So your already wrong there
                          and thats with only 1 TE.

Scheff isn't worth a 2nd because he can't block, part of the TE's job. He is
                          a good receiver but he isn't on TG's, Winslow's, or Gates' level.

Oh, and Clev has Heiden, Royal (just signed), and Martin Rucker (leading receiver
                          at Missouri in multiple catagories, drafted last year in the 3rd round) at TE.
                          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by housemouse View Post
                            Let's see how cinsitent you are with the players in your mock. I'm gunna go find some mocks of yours and compare the first 2 players chosen. If some players are in all of the mocks than hooray for you, if they're just about all different, it'll prove you get high of players when experts weigh in and their combine/pro day results.

Ok i quickly found 5 mocks of yours.
                            Let's compare first two picks from each

Mock 1
                            #1. Raji
                            #2. Barwin

Mock 2.
                            #1. Jenkins
                            #2. Moreno

Mock 3.
                            #1. Gilbert
                            #2. Sidbury

Mock 4.
                            #1. Brace
                            #2. Sintim

Mock 5.
                            #1. Matthews
                            #2. Brace

So out of these 5 mocks, only one player appeared twice.

OH AND ALSO I FOUND,

In one of your mocks in January. You were taking Brandon Spiked with #33.
                            Eight days later you say in a brand new thread that you don't want Brandon Spikes.
                            IDK, when I read his mocks I usually see Clay Matthews, Ron Brace, Conner
                            Barwin, and Jasper Brinkley.

Making me wonder why we need a new one every other day because they look
                            the same with slight deviations to the late round picks and stupid trads.

* Also, as for your trade I don't think NE wants early 1st round picks in the draft.
                            They are notorius for trading down, and stock piling 2nd rounders (like they did
                            this year) and they are pretty succesful with that.
                            Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Any mock that includes trading out of the 1st round better include Julius Peppers. The 1st round is where you get your core players, all you're doing is spinning your wheels with this mock, you are not improving the starting lineup, you are collecting backups.

No offense, but trading out of the 1st round is the last thing Denver should do, they have issues that 2nd rounders can't fix.......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                                Any mock that includes trading out of the 1st round better include Julius Peppers. The 1st round is where you get your core players, all you're doing is spinning your wheels with this mock, you are not improving the starting lineup, you are collecting backups.

No offense, but trading out of the 1st round is the last thing Denver should do, they have issues that 2nd rounders can't fix.......

I agree!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X