Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why hasn't anyone picked up Derrick Brooks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why hasn't anyone picked up Derrick Brooks?

Tampa released him a while ago and he is still a free agent.

He's old and seems can only play significantly in a Tampa 2 scheme which is being pushed to the wayside for 3-4 scheme now. Not to mention hes old and prolly gonna just retire a Buc.

Comment

He's just as old as Dawkins though.

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim2004 View Post
        He's just as old as Dawkins though.
        Dawkins hasn't had to take on 300lb+ OLineman every play his whole career.....

Comment

I would have to agree. he would be good for a motivatioal or leadership role, but even the last two years he's been out on definate passing downs because he's lost a step. He'll more than likely retire a Buc. juts my honest opinion.

Kyle Orton Army #24sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
            Dawkins hasn't had to take on 300lb+ OLineman every play his whole career.....
            That's a valid statement.

Linebackers don't have the longevity that db's do. Ten years is a long time for a linebacker to play. It is very difficult to maintain speed at their size into their mid thirties.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim2004 View Post
              Tampa released him a while ago and he is still a free agent.
              Because the Patriots are waiting to see who they get in the draft before they sign him to a one year minimum salary contract.
              Last edited by armchair scout; 03-26-2009, 10:36 AM. Reason: clarification
              vote HILLIS in 2009!

Comment

I think he will sign with Indy since they run a similar scheme (I assume they're not changing defensive schemes?)

Comment

I think he leadership would be great and maybe he could can play well like Junior Seau did in New England. In the 3-4 Brooks won't have to cover as much ground.

I would sign him to a very cheap contract.

Comment

Kinda shocked the colts haven't picked him up.
                    That's a Tampa-2/Cover 2 system

Comment

Originally posted by Garion_c View Post
                      I would have to agree. he would be good for a motivatioal or leadership role, but even the last two years he's been out on definate passing downs because he's lost a step. He'll more than likely retire a Buc. juts my honest opinion.

That or some team may want him after the draft if they don't get a LB during...

He may even go back to the Bucs, last I read it said they may offer him a cheaper contract.

Or you may be right and he's done.
                      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                      X