Broncos on the clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos on the clock

"With the 12th pick of the 2009 NFL Draft The Denver Broncos select"?

The Denver Broncos select the Draft, Trades and Free Agency forum for this thread.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      The Denver Broncos select the Draft, Trades and Free Agency forum for this thread.
      This is general discussion... so he can make a draft post... how many others have?!?!

I say hopefully Orakpo... that dude was BEASTLY at his pro day... he didn't look normal... he looked like a monster!
      I mean SERIOUSLY?!?!

GOGO:cutler:

Comment

Originally posted by gogocutler06 View Post
        This is general discussion... so he can make a draft post... how many others have?!?!

I say hopefully Orakpo... that dude was BEASTLY at his pro day... he didn't look normal... he looked like a monster!
        Okay then. The Denver Broncos select, choose from all the other draft threads to talk about the draft.
        sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

:doh: did we really need another thread for this? :doh:

Comment

Originally posted by dgosseli View Post
            I think it will be one of these three, depending on who of the three is still there at 12, im not saying i would or wouldnt take one of these guys, im just saying i have a feeling one of these guys will be wearing a broncos uni this season.
            DT BJ Raji, LB Rey Maualuga , RB Chris Beanie Wells
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

With the 12th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select:

100 post rule! (that should put it to bed )

Comment

Orakpo!!!!

Originally posted by gogocutler06 View Post

Yes indeed. Orakpo is a beast. Ive been checkin this dude. Sure would be nice if we can land him.
                http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

orakpo, if he's gone try to trade down, if that doesnt work we get
                  1. cushing-already experienced as a linebacker and defensive end, perfect for a hybrid defense like ours.
                  2. moreno-i dont think the bad forty will hurt him too much, he is still very quick.
                  3. raji-big and quick, not sure if he can shed double teams
                  Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
                  vs.
                  Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
                  Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
                  First Round Pick TBA

Comment

To answer the question:

Following the BPA strategy for the 12th overall pick:

Offense: Knowshon Moreno. He does not make much sense anymore. Moreno would be a huge upgrade, but we already have signed a bunch of backup RBs to fight for the starting RB job. We'll keep running the ball with more trash for less cash.

Defense: Malcolm Jenkins. Might not be available at 12. Forget about his 40-yard dash. Asomugha ran a 4.45, Asante Samuel ran a 4.5, Jenkins ran a 4.5. Big deal. Jenkins is rated as the top cornerback in this draft, and he is physical enough to play FS. Great value at 12. We need a stout FS and we need better depth at CB. On Draft day, I won't be surprised if a team trades up to secure Malcolm Jenkins.

Leaving the BPA strategy aside:

We might try to upgrade our front seven, drafting a player that should not be picked that high. Maualuga, Cushing, Maybin, Jackson.
                    sigpic

Comment

Those guys are not that much of a reach. Pats took Mayo a lot higher than most thought he would go and that worked out ok.

Comment

I'd be real angry if we took Jenkins, since he'd be almost useless without a good good pressure, and I hope we don't take Beanie Wells, since i've always thought he was overrated, Moreno is much better.

I honestly hope we take B.J. Raji, Brian Orakpo, Tyson Jackson, or Rey Maulauga.
                        sigpic
                        Props to Peerless^
                        Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
                        Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
                        Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
                        Pro-McDaniels

Comment

Everette Brown, DE out of Florida State.

Comment

Rey Maualuga, LB out of USC.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dgosseli View Post

A new Mod

Where yall at??? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X