No announcement yet.

Broncos on the clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope it will be BJ Raji. While a good linebacker would be nice, a player like Raji to anchor the middle will have a bigger impact given his disruptive nature to collapse the pocket...
    sigpic
    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Using Pat Kirwans's Mock Draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true

With the 12th Pick in the NFL Draft - The Denver Broncos select WR Jeremy Maclin

Jeremy Maclin is THE BEST PLAYER A GAME - over 200 yards available.

I don't think this will happen but I do believe using Pat Kirwan's Mock Draft that Maclin is BPA. Denver should go Defense.

Brian Cushing is solid LB but not Dominate. Jerod Mayo at 9 last year was more impressive than Cushing at 12.

That is why I would trade down if possible. I would much rather have Clay Mathews , Connor Barwin at 21 then Cushing at 12.

Comment

Aaron Maybin, DE out of Penn State. :salute!:

Comment

i hope Moreno but i pick Malcom Jenkins.
          sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Comment

Orakpo would be best but there's a good chance he wont last. In which case I would like to see Cushing.
            A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
              Orakpo would be best but there's a good chance he wont last. In which case I would like to see Cushing.
              This draft is loaded with defensive talent. If Denver is targeting a specific player, and he is taken off the board, it may be best to trade down and still get a linebacker that we want.

Just so long as that pick isn't Knowshon Moreno. I read an article in the Post today that basically said Denver doesn't need feature backs in McDaniel's system, only situational backs who pick up first downs and run out the clock.
              sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
                This draft is loaded with defensive talent. If Denver is targeting a specific player, and he is taken off the board, it may be best to trade down and still get a linebacker that we want.

Just so long as that pick isn't Knowshon Moreno. I read an article in the Post today that basically said Denver doesn't need feature backs in McDaniel's system, only situational backs who pick up first downs and run out the clock.
                Well, regardless of what the DP says, we've held private workouts with several top RB prospects, including Moreno, Wells, and Brown.

So the FO is seemingly looking hard at a RB in the first 3 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  Well, regardless of what the DP says, we've held private workouts with several top RB prospects, including Moreno, Wells, and Brown.

So the FO is seemingly looking hard at a RB in the first 3 rounds
                  Yeah but we've also seen Pat White and a bunch of defensive players. I don't put too much stock into that. McDaniels doesn't run the ball as much as he passes it. IMO, he believes he can get it done with a certain type of back that picks up key third downs, while passing most of the game. Sure if Moreno, Wells or Brown are in a position where it would be an absolute STEAL to pick them, then yeah, I could see it. But I think we will focus on our more glaring problem positions.
                  sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Yeah but we've also seen Pat White and a bunch of defensive players. I don't put too much stock into that. McDaniels doesn't run the ball as much as he passes it. IMO, he believes he can get it done with a certain type of back that picks up key third downs, while passing most of the game. Sure if Moreno, Wells or Brown are in a position where it would be an absolute STEAL to pick them, then yeah, I could see it. But I think we will focus on our more glaring problem positions.
                    eh, i was under the impression McDaniels believed a pro bowl QB was somewhat important to. guess not. to be honest i would love curry, orakpo, or raji but after that i don't like any of the top defensive players at all. in that case, i wouldn't mind someone like wells.
                    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

I agree, however badly I want us to draft Moreno, I know it might not happen.

Just like Everette Brown likely won't fall to us

But I can always hope for one

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
                        Using Pat Kirwans's Mock Draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true

With the 12th Pick in the NFL Draft - The Denver Broncos select WR Jeremy Maclin
                        You have got to be kidding me....right?
                        We have a roster full of WRs as it is right now and getting a WR in this draft that early when we NEED DEFENSE is like walking in-front of a bus going 65 mph.
                        Its not thinking straight if you do something like that.
                        Don't get me wrong Maclin is a VERY good WR but not a guy you HAVE to get like Michale Crabtree.
                        Sorry but try again man.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=139313

Comment

The most important components of the 3-4 defense is the NT and 5 technique
                          DE. Raji will likely be gone at 12, which means Tyson Jackson the best run stuffing 5 tech. DE in the draft should be there at 12.

Comment

Working...
                          X