Trade for Peppers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade for Peppers?

Rumors are that Peppers is fetching around a second rounder... why not give the Panthers our new 18th pick and get Peppers and their 2nd or 3rd pick in return?

I'm not sure we can afford him...
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

because he wants to play a position he has never played

Comment

our 2nd and the bears 3rd.

Thats plenty of value. And we can still get 3 top tier players.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by D_Broncs_913 View Post
          because he wants to play a position he has never played
          It's not like he doesn't have the talent or ability.

And we can afford any player, especially now that Cutlers contract is off our hands.

Comment

Yesssss pleaseee!!!!!

I hope we make a play for peppers. He would be a great addition to our team...the fact that we are playing a 3-4 4-3 hybrid would make him perfect for us because we could put him up on the line or we could drop him back to lb either way whatever position he plays he will automaticaly uppgrade cuz he will require at least two o linemen on him. he is a BEAST yes he is. So i give a whole hearted YES to peppers...

Comment

Oh ya

Id luv to see us go after Peppers. But as stated above might not be able to afford him but now have some extra picks to possibly sweeten a deal. Without gettin rid of some good picks this year.
              Last edited by dieselpower; 04-02-2009, 06:55 PM.
              YAAAA!!! YOU TRIED BABY!!!

Comment

It seems pretty logical to me. If we trade our 2nd/3rd for Peppers, we basically got Orton, Peppers, and 2 1st rd. picks for Cutler, 2nd, and a 5th. That sounds like a pretty good deal...
                The Dude abides.

Comment

No Peppers. Stay the course. Keep picks

Forget Peppers and forget trading up for Sanchez. We need to take a DT or DE with the 12 pick and Laurinitas at the 18. He is a beast of a linebacker. Maybe the next mecklenberg.

Comment

buuuuttttt

Originally posted by Jaeks75 View Post
                    Forget Peppers and forget trading up for Sanchez. We need to take a DT or DE with the 12 pick and Laurinitas at the 18. He is a beast of a linebacker. Maybe the next mecklenberg.
                    Dude look would you rather have a guy out of the draft who could be a bust or a proven comodity like peppers who almost every year is in the probowl? peppers still has alot of years left plus if we could get him for a second and a third then we could go get the def ends we need plus pep would be there to give them a veteran presence and teach them a thing or two. plus the fact that he would require the offense to compensate two to three o-linemen to block him it would automaticaly upgrade our whole d-line/lb core. I mean lets use sense here the man has been double/tripple teamed since year one but he has concistantly but up 12 sacks a year...hes a BEAST!!! the one year he didnt have great stats was the year he played with a broken forarm....so all of this to say i think he would be a huge improvement to our def..I hope we pick him up.

Comment

i do think you are right about sanchez tho...we shold use orton or simms this year and next year go for one of the qbs in the draft

Comment

Qb?

Originally posted by Jaeks75 View Post
                        Not sure if we should go for Sanchez now. Looks like Mc...well not sure if im gonna sweat him yet thinks he can build a great QB no matter what, so why draft 1. Draft D hard and go for pep looks good.

Oh and looks like Sanchez is gonna be more highly looked for now. So we'd most likely have to trade up to get to him. Why. Is it the glass half full or half empty? Use both firsts on the multitude of defensive players and let Mc..... do what he thinks he can do. I.e. make a quarterback.

Be prepaired for a sub .500 season or so.....and possibly many. But lets get it done. Go Broncos!!!

Comment

I dont want a 29 year old DE that wants to try a new position. Why not try a 21 year old?

Comment

why not

Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                            I dont want a 29 year old DE that wants to try a new position. Why not try a 21 year old?
                            Peppers is a proven talent and either if he does work at outside backer or doesnt he'll be with us. Im sure pep would be the first to say this aint workin and wanna go back to end if it doesnt. Either or, hes an outside backer whoopin it up or hes an end whoopin it up thats good for the Broncos. And yes hes probaly gonna play at a high level for another 6 years . Better than most 2nds or 3rds.

Though there are some nice players in that range for pick compensation for pep....plus the price....so?
                            Last edited by dieselpower; 04-02-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                              because peppers is proven....we know hes gona be good weather we put him on the line or lb we can use him, hes versitial and a beast. ive been watching him play for the last 5 years and he does some stuff that is amazing out there....hes not a whinny baby that wants to talk trash he just wants to get out there and whoop someones assets...i mean did you guys not see what he did to CUTLER in the probowl?? this guys a freak of nature and i tell you what it will take the sting off of losing cutler if we can get peppers....GO BRONCOS

Comment

Working...
                              X