Who's our Matt Cassell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's our Matt Cassell?

That is, who do we take in the late rounds this year and develop into a fine QB behind Orton.

McD is known for doing this so who would you like to see?

I'm looking for guys who have the physical tangibles to be a QB in the NFL but havent produced at a high level yet.

McD can work with that and give them all the mental knowledge to succeed

I'm looking at Brian Hoyer, Drew Willy, Maybe Hunter Cantwell
    A book I wrote

Yeah i think Hoyer is pretty likely, I like Cullen Harper as well, and maybe Curtis Painter since we've already worked him out

Comment

Matt Cassel himself- he's a free agent next year.

Comment

chase patton of Mizzou
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
          chase patton of Mizzou
          that would be pretty interesting...i like it:salute!:

Comment

i would think Darrell Hackney he has potential to be a solid backup/starter, he reminds me of Byron Leftwich a big QB.
            sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Comment

Chris Simms or Kyle Orton Maybe 20% chance one step up in system?

Comment

Mike Reilly - Central Washington (played one year at WA State) - 6th round

118 TD's
                40 picks
                13,000 yards
                about 64% completions

Quick Release, Decisive, Intelligent, lLeader, Good Intnangibles

Comment

Stephen McGee out of Texas A&M

Positives: Legitimate NFL frame. Good toughness. Has absorbed a lot of hits throughout his career and is willing to play through pain. Legitimate arm strength. Good zip on his passes, especially on short and intermediate routes. Flashes the arm strength and trajectory for deep passes with touch over the top. Good athlete who can buy time in the pocket and also make plays as a runner in the open field. Good agility and strength for the position as a runner. Solid week of practice at the East-West Shrine Game offers hope that he can develop with time in a pro-style offense. Excellent intangibles. Natural leader who was voted permanent team captain in 2006. Twice led the Aggies to upset victories over rival Texas.

Negatives: Raw as they come. More of a thrower than a passer at this point. Inconsistent footwork and delivery. Inconsistent accuracy, mostly due to flawed technique. Still acclimating to reading a defense from a passer standpoint. Lacks patience in the pocket and will either run or force passes too often, rather than check down. Needs to be cleared medically due to the torn labrum suffered during his senior year.

This kid is raw but has tons of potential. Too bad it'll take a long time to forget :cutler:
                  Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X