Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Charlie Brown

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ns_offere.html

Report: Cleveland Browns offered Brady Quinn to Denver in failed bid for Jay Cutler
    by Mary Kay Cabot/Plain Dealer Reporter
    Thursday April 02, 2009, 8:18 PM

Brady Quinn was offered to Denver in a failed bid to acquire Jay Cutler, according to some published reports.

CLEVELAND -- The Browns were involved in three-way trade talks Thursday that would've sent quarterback Brady Quinn to Denver, the Washington Examiner reported.

The deal involved the Broncos, Redskins and Browns, and the source said it was close to happening at one point during the day. Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, who ended up being traded to Chicago, told a CBS affiliate in Denver that he was headed to Washington.

But the source said the deal involving the Browns unraveled, prompting Chicago to get back in the game and outbid the other players. The source said Denver's preferences for a quarterback were Quinn and then Chicago's Kyle Orton, who was part of the trade.

Denver also received Chicago's first-round picks this year and next year and a third-rounder in 2009. The Bears also received a fifth-rounder along with Cutler. The Broncos were not that high on Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell, according to the source.

Neither Quinn nor his agent, Tom Condon, immediately returned messages seeking comment. Details of the Browns' offer were not immediately available.

I am eagerly anticipating Charlie's response to this.....
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Nothing but hearsay by the media as I have said multiple times. Yet another story from an "unnamed source". The original story that was from an "unnamed source" within the Browns came from the Broncos forum known as Broncos Freak. How reliable is that source? Not at all. Not at all. Untill the day comes that Quinn is actually traded it is nothing but hearsay. I hate Anderson. I do not like him. Quinn is a young QB that has extreme potential and that is why he will not be going anywhere. If he does go it will be a tremendous mistake by the Browns organization and will continue a trend that has been set since 1999. I want it to be over as much as the next person.

But if Quinn is traded, sure I will be upset, but in the end I love my Browns. There is no logical reason whatsoever in trading Quinn. Especially at this point and especially to Denver. It will solve nothing for either team. Denver will be stuck trying to decide between a motley crew of QBs just as Cleveland would as well. Denver has nothing at this point to offer the Browns than draft picks - but the Browns have multiple needs and the only logical way to address multiple needs it to gather draft picks. Not trade them away.
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I would've rather gotten Quinn than Orton, but we still got a fairly good trade IMO, IF Raji falls to 12.

Comment

It has to make you wonder though if it was true. Cutler was going to the Skins and we presume some kind of draft picks to the Browns for Quinn. We definatly have the draft pick ammo to go get him now if he truley was who we wanted
          sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
            Nothing but hearsay by the media as I have said multiple times. Yet another story from an "unnamed source". The original story that was from an "unnamed source" within the Browns came from the Broncos forum known as Broncos Freak. How reliable is that source? Not at all. Not at all. Untill the day comes that Quinn is actually traded it is nothing but hearsay. I hate Anderson. I do not like him. Quinn is a young QB that has extreme potential and that is why he will not be going anywhere. If he does go it will be a tremendous mistake by the Browns organization and will continue a trend that has been set since 1999. I want it to be over as much as the next person.

But if Quinn is traded, sure I will be upset, but in the end I love my Browns. There is no logical reason whatsoever in trading Quinn. Especially at this point and especially to Denver. It will solve nothing for either team. Denver will be stuck trying to decide between a motley crew of QBs just as Cleveland would as well. Denver has nothing at this point to offer the Browns than draft picks - but the Browns have multiple needs and the only logical way to address multiple needs it to gather draft picks. Not trade them away.

Face it dude, this happened. And when it finally becomes 'real' to you, I will be anxious to see your back-peddling post.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
              http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ns_offere.html

Report: Cleveland Browns offered Brady Quinn to Denver in failed bid for Jay Cutler
              by Mary Kay Cabot/Plain Dealer Reporter
              Thursday April 02, 2009, 8:18 PM

Brady Quinn was offered to Denver in a failed bid to acquire Jay Cutler, according to some published reports.

CLEVELAND -- The Browns were involved in three-way trade talks Thursday that would've sent quarterback Brady Quinn to Denver, the Washington Examiner reported.

The deal involved the Broncos, Redskins and Browns, and the source said it was close to happening at one point during the day. Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, who ended up being traded to Chicago, told a CBS affiliate in Denver that he was headed to Washington.

But the source said the deal involving the Browns unraveled, prompting Chicago to get back in the game and outbid the other players. The source said Denver's preferences for a quarterback were Quinn and then Chicago's Kyle Orton, who was part of the trade.

Denver also received Chicago's first-round picks this year and next year and a third-rounder in 2009. The Bears also received a fifth-rounder along with Cutler. The Broncos were not that high on Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell, according to the source.

Neither Quinn nor his agent, Tom Condon, immediately returned messages seeking comment. Details of the Browns' offer were not immediately available.

ahhh, a chance to see how another QB will react to the reality of NFL business. Will he cry and demand his bottle, or will he recognize this for what it is, and come back to camp hell-bent to show everyone he is the man? I am so glad McJaygate is over, heres hoping for a ManQuinGate.

Comment

Originally posted by trmcmichael View Post
                Face it dude, this happened. And when it finally becomes 'real' to you, I will be anxious to see your back-peddling post.
                I do not back-pedal.

If Quinn is traded, so be it. I like Quinn very much and the Browns need to stick by a QB. The entire time I have followed the Browns in my life that is one of many positions that has not been consistant. Musical chairs much of the time I have followed the team. The few QB's I have experienced there were "consistantly" in the starting lineup were Testaverde and Couch. It's time to stop it. Quinn is a young QB whose potential has not been tapped. The sky is the limit with him. To trade him would be a mistake. A mistake that at the very least I can live with ... because I've lived with it to this point. Ok? But trust me, Quinn isn't going anywhere. It would not be smart and it would be a major mistake.

Comment

ahhh, a chance to see how another QB will react to the reality of NFL business. Will he cry and demand his bottle, or will he recognize this for what it is, and come back to camp hell-bent to show everyone he is the man? I am so glad McJaygate is over, heres hoping for a ManQuinGate.
                  He's already shown his reaction. A consummate professional. He is not complaining and he is not whining. Just go look at the video on NFL.com when he was questioned about his "rumored" trade to Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                    He's already shown his reaction. A consummate professional. He is not complaining and he is not whining. Just go look at the video on NFL.com when he was questioned about his "rumored" trade to Denver.
                    Dude, it won't be rumor for much longer. You, I and everybody with a brain know that the news of Cleveland offering Brady Quinn as one piece in a deal that would have brought Cutler to the Browns will be confirmed as true.

So, how come your coach wasn't front and center telling you personally that this deal was made? Is Man-child a liar? Is your organization trustworthy? How can you follow such a dishonest team that constantly lies to their fan-base? Come on, give me that pomp-and-circumstance crap you have spewing on this Broncos forum about integrity and long standing policies.

Comment

Who the hell honestly cares?

Even if the Browns offered Brady the deal never took place.

This thread fails.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post

This thread fails.
                        fails what, your litmus test of comment-worthy threads?

Unless our opinions and counter-points are taking up too much disk space, I don't see where a thread can 'fail' short of not discussing Bronco football. If you don't like the post, or don't like where it leads, then don't comment, just move on.

Comment

This thread fails.
                          Aye, just your fellow Bronco fans still hoping that Quinn is traded to Denver.

Comment

fails what, your litmus test of comment-worthy threads?

Unless our opinions and counter-points are taking up too much disk space, I don't see where a thread can 'fail' short of not discussing Bronco football. If you don't like the post, or don't like where it leads, then don't comment, just move on.
                            Seeing that calling people out is forbidden here and to add on the fact that the topic is irrelevant to anything makes this thread "fail".

Comment

Seeing that calling people out is forbidden here and to add on the fact that the topic is irrelevant to anything makes this thread "fail".
                              The topic is irrelevant to you, fine, so move on. Why are you monitoring a self-proclaimed failed thread? Leave. Don't comment. I have opinions on this trade and the possible ramifications, they are mine, obviously not yours, so leave.

Comment

Working...
                              X