James Laurinaitis---his draft stock could make him a potential 2nd rounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Laurinaitis---his draft stock could make him a potential 2nd rounder

Well, I haven't heard much about James Laurinaitis lately, and he has originally been considered a later 1st round pick value, but you never know with late first rounders, they could always slide into the 2nd round easily.

Now that we have the #18 pick, if we can't make a trade up into the top 5 to get Aaron Curry or Brian Orakpo, what if we keep our #12 pick where it is at, and then trade our #18 pick to a team like this:

DENVER gets:
    #20ish-30ish pick
    3rd round pick AND/OR 4th round pick

OTHER TEAM gets:
    #18 overall pick

That way, we get some more depth with the 3rd and 4th rounders, and then with our second pick, we could get James Laurinaitis anywhere between #22 to #30 overall pick. He is a solid LB and would certainly add to our defense, if not come in as a day one starter. That also allows us another handy-dandy 3rd round pick, which is always nice to use when adding depth to a depleted defense, such as getting another athletic CB in the 3rd round.

Discuss
    Last edited by Broncos_ATX; 04-02-2009, 09:37 PM.

We wouldn't get that much compensation from a team to trade up 10 spots, give or take a few.
    sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
      We wouldn't get that much compensation for a team to trade up 10 spots, give or take a few.
      True, we might only end up getting a 3rd or 4th rounder with it, not both.

But still, that would be good to get Laurinaitis and another late round pick

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos_ATX View Post
        True, we might only end up getting a 3rd or 4th rounder with it, not both.

But still, that would be good to get Laurinaitis and another late round pick
        Yeah, I like the idea. But what does our opinion matter? We're just pee ons. Draft day is going to be very interesting to say the least.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I like the idea. But what does our opinion matter? We're just pee ons. Draft day is going to be very interesting to say the least.
          Well, back when we had Shanny, he always made things interesting. We trade up to #11 out of nowhere and BOOM, goodbye Jake Plummer. Orrrrrr, we pick up Maurice Clarrett in the 3rd round...hahahaha....

But yes, I'm quite excited for this year's draft. The potential of 2 first rounders is awesome. I'm a Cowboys fan too, and they executed splendidly by drafting Felix Jones and Mike Jenkins. I'm looking forward to see what Denver can do:go:

Comment

Mmmm

That would be absolutely great for us.
            YAAAA!!! YOU TRIED BABY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos_ATX View Post
              Well, back when we had Shanny, he always made things interesting. We trade up to #11 out of nowhere and BOOM, goodbye Jake Plummer. Orrrrrr, we pick up Maurice Clarrett in the 3rd round...hahahaha....

But yes, I'm quite excited for this year's draft. The potential of 2 first rounders is awesome. I'm a Cowboys fan too, and they executed splendidly by drafting Felix Jones and Mike Jenkins. I'm looking forward to see what Denver can do:go:
              Yeah. If Denver blows these picks though, hell will rise in Denver.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah. If Denver blows these picks though, hell will rise in Denver.
                As Jeff Dunham would say....Josh McDaniels....ON-A-STICK

If we got fill our needs at LB and/or CB/D-Line with our first two picks (ideally, that being both picks get traded to get Aaron Curry), I think it will be a very successful day. There are several good 1st round LB and D-Linemen in this draft that we could use. As long as we throw out the net and catch some of them, then the shrimp will eat good tonight

Comment

Working...
                X