"They Hate Me" Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "They Hate Me" Mock Draft

This will be my only post combine, pre-draft mock. Unless another stupid trade happens.

Tear it up, praise it. IDC. No trades. No pictures. Nothing fancy. Some commentary. Just flat out picking with what Denver has to work with.

Enjoy.

#12 RB Chris "Beanie" Wells OSU - I personally do not like Wells. But I don't work for Broncos FO and they have worked him out. With only stopgap QB's on the roster and scrub has-been RB's, Denver will need to rely on the running game more than ever. Wells durability should not be an issue with running back by committee but if drafted he will get the bulk of carries and share with Buckhalter.

#18 DE Evander Hood Mizzou - Fast riser up the boards. Can effectively play DT in 4-3 or DE in 3-4. Unlike other 3-4 DE prospects loved by many (cough Tyson Jackson cough) Hood can get to the QB. He isn't the one dimensional run stuffer only. He is the guy I have been watching closely as new DE in Denver and at #18 he may be a reach but not as bad as Tyson Jackson would have been at #12

#48 QB Pat White WVU - Denver reportedly worked him out once already at his Pro Day. Well Bill Williamson reported on April 1st said they plan on working him out again privately. System QB with strong enough arm to get the job done and has been the most impressive player in the offseason. The hype is real and I believe McHoodie will draft this kid and may even make a deal to move to #33 by dangling Scheffler to get ahead of Patsies for him.

#79 NT Dorrell Scott Clemson - Duel threat DT that scouts project can add a few pounds to become a 34 NT mainstay. Knock on him is his stamina, which wouldn't be a problem in Denver since they will run the hybrid D and rotate DLineman. He does possess some pass rush skills so he wouldn't be a 1 dimensional NT. NFLDraftscout.com has him rising fast.

#84 SS Chip Vaughn WFU - Speedy Safety that is better in run support than in coverage. Known in college as a big hitter with tremendous leaping ability to get hands on the ball. I am smelling some Atwater in this guy and Broncos fans have been looking for new Atwater for years.

#114 OL Antoine Caldwell Alabama - Versatile lineman who can play Center or Guard. Has already been worked out by Denver so it is known he is on their radar. He is also a 4 year starter and very durable his whole career. Could definitely be replacement for Wiegmann or Hamilton after they retire.

#149 LB Jason Phillips TCU - 3 words describe him: instinctive, persistent and consistent. He is also a great leader. Very aggressive LB that also has some coverage skills. He coulda been day 1 prospect but knee injury at combine makes his stock fall. Irregardless he would be my #3 choice behind Rey Rey and Brinkley, to bring an attitude to Denver's defense.

#185 WR Quan Cosby Texas - MATURE WR. Perfect slot receiver that would eventually take over for Brandon Stokley. Cosby has been worked out by Denver also. Cosby could also take over for Royal as KR/PR.

#225 P Kevin Huber Cincinnati - Punter Denver Broncos have worked out.

#235 LB Stryker Sulak Mizzou - Special Teamer with some pass rushing ability. Not much against the run. DE/OLB Tweener.

==============================================

There you have it. How I see the draft going for Denver this year. I would prefer Knowshon over Wells other than that I would be happy with the draft.

We also worked out Moreno, so I think he's just as likely as Wells. Trade back from 18 if it's possible and I'm OK with it if we got Moreno instead of Wells.
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
      This will be my only post combine, pre-draft mock. Unless another stupid trade happens.

Tear it up, praise it. IDC. No trades. No pictures. Nothing fancy. Some commentary. Just flat out picking with what Denver has to work with.

Enjoy.

#12 RB Chris "Beanie" Wells OSU - I personally do not like Wells. But I don't work for Broncos FO and they have worked him out. With only stopgap QB's on the roster and scrub has-been RB's, Denver will need to rely on the running game more than ever. Wells durability should not be an issue with running back by committee but if drafted he will get the bulk of carries and share with Buckhalter.

I do not want a 1st round RB, but Wells wouldn't be as bad as Moreno.

#18 DE Evander Hood Mizzou - Fast riser up the boards. Can effectively play DT in 4-3 or DE in 3-4. Unlike other 3-4 DE prospects loved by many (cough Tyson Jackson cough) Hood can get to the QB. He isn't the one dimensional run stuffer only. He is the guy I have been watching closely as new DE in Denver and at #18 he may be a reach but not as bad as Tyson Jackson would have been at #12

Tyson's 16 sacks in 3 years says he can get to the QB.

#48 QB Pat White WVU - Denver reportedly worked him out once already at his Pro Day. Well Bill Williamson reported on April 1st said they plan on working him out again privately. System QB with strong enough arm to get the job done and has been the most impressive player in the offseason. The hype is real and I believe McHoodie will draft this kid and may even make a deal to move to #33 by dangling Scheffler to get ahead of Patsies for him.

No thanks to Kordell Stewart Jr.

#79 NT Dorrell Scott Clemson - Duel threat DT that scouts project can add a few pounds to become a 34 NT mainstay. Knock on him is his stamina, which wouldn't be a problem in Denver since they will run the hybrid D and rotate DLineman. He does possess some pass rush skills so he wouldn't be a 1 dimensional NT. NFLDraftscout.com has him rising fast.

#84 SS Chip Vaughn WFU - Speedy Safety that is better in run support than in coverage. Known in college as a big hitter with tremendous leaping ability to get hands on the ball. I am smelling some Atwater in this guy and Broncos fans have been looking for new Atwater for years.

#114 OL Antoine Caldwell Alabama - Versatile lineman who can play Center or Guard. Has already been worked out by Denver so it is known he is on their radar. He is also a 4 year starter and very durable his whole career. Could definitely be replacement for Wiegmann or Hamilton after they retire.

#149 LB Jason Phillips TCU - 3 words describe him: instinctive, persistent and consistent. He is also a great leader. Very aggressive LB that also has some coverage skills. He coulda been day 1 prospect but knee injury at combine makes his stock fall. Irregardless he would be my #3 choice behind Rey Rey and Brinkley, to bring an attitude to Denver's defense.

#185 WR Quan Cosby Texas - MATURE WR. Perfect slot receiver that would eventually take over for Brandon Stokley. Cosby has been worked out by Denver also. Cosby could also take over for Royal as KR/PR.

What's so great about a MATURE WR? I'd rather have Deon Butler if he's still around.

#235 LB Stryker Sulak Mizzou - Special Teamer with some pass rushing ability. Not much against the run. DE/OLB Tweener.

There you have it. How I see the draft going for Denver this year. I would prefer Knowshon over Wells other than that I would be happy with the draft.

Comment

i still would say we are stupid if we use either of our firsts on an offensive player pat white would be great in the 2nd though
        sigpic
        ^^ Thnx CHARGER$ for the awesome sig.

Comment

all i got to say is, if that is our draft this year ill be depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post

Enjoy.

Comment

Im with you about 80%

heres mine..

#1 Knowshon Moreno RB

#1 Larry English OLB

#2 Jarron Gilbert DE Hood or Moala also could work.

#3 Chip Vaughn SS or Best NT available maybe Baker?

#3 Jonathan Luigs C

#4 Jasper Brinkley ILB

#5 Terrance Knighton, DT

#6 Quan Cosby, WR

#7 Roy Miller DT/DE

#7 Domonique Johnson, CB

Comment

I actually like the Hood pick a lot. I dont like Wells, i would rather have moreno as he fits the system much better. I also think White would be a great pick, i dont care what you say, all the guy does is wins.

The only pick i dont like is the punter, i think were set with Kern

Comment

Originally posted by HorseStance View Post
                  Im with you about 80%

heres mine..

#1 Knowshon Moreno RB

#1 Larry English OLB

#2 Jarron Gilbert DE Hood or Moala also could work.

#3 Chip Vaughn SS or Best NT available maybe Baker?

#3 Jonathan Luigs C

#4 Jasper Brinkley ILB

#5 Terrance Knighton, DT

#6 Quan Cosby, WR

#7 Roy Miller DT/DE

#7 Domonique Johnson, CB
                  we dont need more rb's or an OLB, we have DJ and dumervil on the outside in a 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by BrOnCoMaNiAc53 View Post
                    i still would say we are stupid if we use either of our firsts on an offensive player pat white would be great in the 2nd though

#12 NT-BJ Raji-BC
                    #18 OLB-Clay Mathews-USC
                    #48 QB-Pat White-WVU
                    #79 FS-Rashad Johnson-Alabama
                    #84 CB-Darius Butler-UCONN
                    #114 ILB-Jasper Brinkley-SC
                    #149 DE-Brandon Williams- Texas Tech
                    #185 WR-Quan Cosby-Texas
                    #225 OG-Rey Fienga-BYU
                    #235 TE-Ryan Purvis-BC
                    there is absolutely no way butler is there in the 3rd. he's a late first or early 2nd rd pick. and i dont like pat white at all. hopefully luis delmas will be there at 48.

Comment

If we go RB or QB in Round One.
                      I'm gonna BURN ALL THAT IS DENVER BRONCOS!!!
                      Cause it just shows we are out to be THE RAIDERS.....
                      No wait, that's too harsh, be the BENGALS.....
                      Wow didn't mean to be cruel, how about THE LIONS!!!!!
                      We will be the Denver Lions and I mean that...
                      Why trade a QB that could take you places other then a loony bin and get TOP Draft Picks for him to use it on players that are unproven and potential BUSTS!!!!
                      Here is the cu-d-gra....

Take Our 12th(1,200 points), 18th(900 points), 114th(66 points) & 140(36 points)

Total: 2,202 Points giving up enough to get the #3 overall Pick from the

Chiefs and we can get Aaron Curry from that and still have plenty of picks to spare.

Also we pay ONE player big money instead of TWO, it all makes sense....

Comment

Originally posted by VABronco37 View Post
                        Why trade a QB that could take you places other then a loony bin and get TOP Draft Picks for him to use it on players that are unproven and potential BUSTS!!!!
                        Here is the cu-d-gra....

Take Our 12th(1,200 points), 18th(900 points), 114th(66 points) & 140(36 points)

Chiefs and we can get Aaron Curry from that and still have plenty of picks to spare.

No it really doesn't....

You are basically saying that we would trade Jay Cutler for Aaron Curry... What about all the other holes on our team? Can Curry play all positions?

Look we just got extra picks which means we can afford to go RB in the first 3 rounds and it will help our team a lot, a stud RB will take pressure of the QB that is a fact. Look what Matt Forte did last year with the bears.. it is a reasonable assumption to make that the reason Kyle did well last year is because of Forte... If we take Moreno or Brown in the first we won't have to have Jay behind center because we will have a balanced offense that is as dangerous in the air as on the ground!

Thats the one thing McDaniels keeps saying... he wants all aspects of the team to get better... He also said that you can never have enough RB's and we have personally worked out 5-6 of the RBs that are predicted to go in the first 3 rounds.

If Everette Brown drops we probably take him but he will still have to learn how to play OLB... If Raji drops it's possible we take him but i don't think he is a prototypical NT and he not only did he smoke so week but he did it prior to the combine... arguably the most important day of his professional career! I think i'll pass.

Jenkins is an option but our secondary was focused on in FA and Jenkins might not have the immediate impact that we need from a first rounder.

Moreno on the other hand will walk on the field day one and cause other teams to be afraid of stacking against the pass.

Come on... it makes sense?!?!

Even if we take all D in first we will take a RB in the second or third... it is going to happen.. just watch.. personally i would prefer to take a back higher because Moreno has value at 12 and the guy can flat out run the ball.

Comment

Can anyone see us moving up by trading #18 and something else? I would love to so we could get Orakpo or Curry andMAYBE Sanchez. I think Orton MIGHT so ok in Denver....We will see.
                          Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by VABronco37 View Post
                            Here is the cu-d-gra....

Dumbest post I've read today....

We aren't going to give our DIVISION RIVALS all those draft picks.

Comment

not the best mock I've seen, but not the worst either. I'd rather spend our first three picks on defense

Comment

Working...
                              X