McShay reports that the Broncos targeting a big time tailback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McShay reports that the Broncos targeting a big time tailback

He was just on NFL Live about 15 minutes ago and he said that. Just wanted to let you guys know.

He said with the #12 pick, if Sanchez were to fall, we'd have to take him without question. The second option would be Raji. And if neither are there, it will come down to Cushing, Maualuga, Maybin, or Jackson.

Then with the #18 pick, if Moreno or Wells are still on the board, either one of them would have a good chance of becoming a Bronco.

He also doesn't believe that we will package picks to try and move up. And he's almost positive that we don't go defense/defense with the first 2 picks.

I think this is the year that we get that superstar RB, guys. I'm sold.
    sigpic

I've been preaching this since january

I'm glad others are realizing it

Comment

I will be shocked if Moreno is available at #18. I don't think this is a realistic scenario.
      sigpic

Comment

Donald Brown
        sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking we may see an O and a D in the first round as well. The idea of a Moreno or Wells is quite tempting, as it would automatically return our offense into a "scary" entity. Look at the talent:
          - 2 great young tackles and overall one of the finest olines in the league
          - at least 2 outstanding receivers, plus some good secondary personnel
          - currently 2 excellent TEs
          - an exciting young FB and a group of decent RBs overall
          - currently 2 ball control QBs, who can win games

But yes, a strong tailback can dominate a game, not to mention having a strong group surrounding them....which we have.

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
            He was just on NFL Live about 15 minutes ago and he said that. Just wanted to let you guys know.

He said with the #12 pick, if Sanchez were to fall, we'd have to take him without question. The second option would be Raji. And if neither are there, it will come down to Cushing, Maualuga, Maybin, or Jackson.

Then with the #18 pick, if Moreno or Wells are still on the board, either one of them would have a good chance of becoming a Bronco.

He also doesn't believe that we will package picks to try and move up. And he's almost positive that we don't go defense/defense with the first 2 picks.

I think this is the year tht we get that superstar RB, guys. I'm sold.

It makes perfect sense. Ever since the trade went down I have expected us to draft a RB with one of our first three picks. The reason is this:

If Orton or Simms is the starter, they will likely need the extra help that a good RB can provide.

If we draft a QB and he is the starter, he will likely need the extra help that a good RB can provide.

So whoever our starting QB is in 09, they are going to need some good help at RB. Personally I like Shonn Greene better, but I would be happy with Wells or Moreno as well.
            09-17-08: OFFICIALLY BACKING JARVIS MOSS TO TURN INTO ONE HELL OF A DEFENSIVE END WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.-we are all allowed one mistake, right?

Loved McD 's first full FA. Can't wait to see the draft.

2010 Draft WISHlist:

Any center since we don't have one.

Comment

if we waste a pick on that piece of crap named sanchez or pothead raji then idk if i want to watch the season.

if we want a running back so bad then lets get one thats taller than 6' and doesnt get injured in the first practice! no offense torain...nose tackle needs to be priority. i would rather take brown or green than moreno.

Comment

sanches wont fall to 12. raji or maualuga would be great. id love to see donald brown at 18. some ppl might think thats early but i like him better than wells and moreno

Comment

Originally posted by GOBroncs!HI View Post
                  if we waste a pick on that piece of crap named sanchez or pothead raji then idk if i want to watch the season.

if we want a running back so bad then lets get one thats taller than 6' and doesnt get injured in the first practice! no offense torain...nose tackle needs to be priority. i would rather take brown or green than moreno.
                  warren sapp failed his drug test at the combine cuz of weed as well. you wouldnt have taken him?

Comment

lets not forget that this is just a guy getting paid to say what he thinks. anyone can predict anything. mock drafts are almost never right.

Comment

I doubt it. Mac had gone on a rant about how a committee approach is what he aims to do earlier this offseason.

Unless one back just blows him away: i doubt he gets a back that early.
                      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by joeguy11 View Post
                        warren sapp failed his drug test at the combine cuz of weed as well. you wouldnt have taken him?
                        i guess i judge him a little harshly. we will have to see how he does with interviews to measure his compatability to the system. i wouldnt exactly mention his name with sapp until he proves himself.

i just dont want another travis henry

Comment

Originally posted by GOBroncs!HI View Post
                          i guess i judge him a little harshly. we will have to see how he does with interviews to measure his compatability to the system. i wouldnt exactly mention his name with sapp until he proves himself.

i just dont want another travis henry
                          lol im not saying hes going to be warren sapp, but no one knew warren sapp would be as good as he was.

Comment

oh god no i hope sanchez gets picked before 12. but im totally open to the RB idea for the 18th pick. to bad an RB would be to salvage our offense now, as opposed to two days ago when it would have completed our offense.
                            disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

gem or coal

i would like to see this as one of our later round picks

Tom Brandstater (QB)
                              Height: 6'5"
                              Weight: 220

he may have played in a weaker conference but for a tough coach with a good system. and he is quite intelligent on and off the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X