X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I've been preaching this since january

I'm glad others are realizing it
    great minds think alike, i was preaching on Moreno in January while you were preaching for Wells, but I converted you to Moreno.
    sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Comment

if the broncos draft a rb it would go against what the pats have done all these years....the pats drafted 2 rb in the first round (maroney, edwards) in the last 30 years and both ended up being a huge busts, though it wasn't edwards' fault

if the broncos took a rb in the first round i'd be pissed...we need def

another interesting stat....the last time the broncos selected a rb in the first round was 1985, steve sewell

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
        I've been preaching this since january

I'm glad others are realizing it
        Wow you knew in January we'd have two first round picks ? Or you were saying we needed to use our number twelve on a back ? Because if we only had one it would be defense.
        Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

McShay has no idea what the Broncos are planning. He is simply speculating, which all of us who are posting mock drafts are doing.

Comment

I have to admit that it does make sense to strengthen the RB position when you have just weakened the QB position.

If you look at Carolina , NY Giants , Baltimore , Minnesota - they all lean heavily on their running game and a very solid Defense to win games.

I would still take BJ Raji at 12.

At 18 - if Denver is targeting a RB I would trade down. Most Mock drafts have Knowshon going around 28th to Philly.

Comment

When was the last time this so called experts were right.

But i do see the broncos drafting 2 of these guys with their top 2 draft picks

1. BJ Raji
              2. Everette Brown
              3. Larry English
              4. Robert Ayers
              5. Tyson Jackson
              6. Rey Malouga
              7. Clay Mathews
              8. Brian Cushing

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
                I doubt it. Mac had gone on a rant about how a committee approach is what he aims to do earlier this offseason.

Unless one back just blows him away: i doubt he gets a back that early.
                I see someone with sense finally post in this thread. ALl the rest of you think this is ShannyPoo still coaching this team, Pats don't really go after stars in the Backfield they perfer Vets that can block and catch and we have plenty on our roster that can do that.

We are going Defense then Defense unless someone to good to pass up like Sanchez slips...

Comment

Originally posted by GOBroncs!HI View Post
                  if we waste a pick on that piece of crap named sanchez or pothead raji then idk if i want to watch the season.

if we want a running back so bad then lets get one thats taller than 6' and doesnt get injured in the first practice! no offense torain...nose tackle needs to be priority. i would rather take brown or green than moreno.
                  warren sapp tested 4 mary-JANE to he was pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
                    I see someone with sense finally post in this thread. ALl the rest of you think this is ShannyPoo still coaching this team, Pats don't really go after stars in the Backfield they perfer Vets that can block and catch and we have plenty on our roster that can do that.

We are going Defense then Defense unless someone to good to pass up like Sanchez slips...
                    In reference to what Joro said, earlier this offseason we still had Cutler and we didn't have two 1st round picks. And Raji won't fall because the NFL refuted the drug reports, so RB will be BPA.
                    sigpic
                    Made by Houshmazode

Comment

What happened to all the love for "Beanie" Wells? Only knock was the injury bug. Other than that, he was a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                        What happened to all the love for "Beanie" Wells? Only knock was the injury bug. Other than that, he was a stud.
                        He can't catch
                        sigpic
                        Made by Houshmazode

Comment

I'd be absolutely retarded not to go defense/defense in round 1.

I'd prefer we take Donald Brown in the 2nd or 3rd.
                          Or, Andre Brown in the 3rd or 4th.

I actually think Moreno is a great RB, i'd love to have as a Bronco, but we just can't afford to take him in the first, however, if we got Wells i'd be extremely pissed off. Since, I kind of think he's overrated and too injury prone.
                          sigpic
                          Props to Peerless^
                          Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
                          Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
                          Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
                          Pro-McDaniels

Comment

oh- i forgot to change my sig over here....Will do that...

We are going to take wells/moreno in the first. Look at all the RBs we have brought in. All are the top RBs. We also have supposedly brought wells in for 2 visits. I personally think they like moreno better, but we did send turner out to work with wells. And turner knows his RBS. REmember we sent turner out last year to work out Stewart, thats who we would have taken had clady not been there...

HEre is how i see it: Raji goes to jax, but if there we take him. NO to sanchez if there or not. at 12 we take moreno/wells and 18 take tyjax.

Here is how i would like it to play out:

trade our 2nd and 3rd to car for peppers.

If sanchez is there at 12- trade back to 17 with the jets- get a 2nd or 3rd back.

At 17- take wells/moreno
                            at 18- take CB,S,LB, DT whoever ( no tyjax, because we traded for peppers)

then we have a 2nd from the jets, or 3rd, plus our original 3rd to get two more quality starters at S, OL,DL, CB, OLB BPA...
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                              oh- i forgot to change my sig over here....Will do that...

We are going to take wells/moreno in the first. Look at all the RBs we have brought in. All are the top RBs. We also have supposedly brought wells in for 2 visits. I personally think they like moreno better, but we did send turner out to work with wells. And turner knows his RBS. REmember we sent turner out last year to work out Stewart, thats who we would have taken had clady not been there...

HEre is how i see it: Raji goes to jax, but if there we take him. NO to sanchez if there or not. at 12 we take moreno/wells and 18 take tyjax.

Here is how i would like it to play out:

trade our 2nd and 3rd to car for peppers.

If sanchez is there at 12- trade back to 17 with the jets- get a 2nd or 3rd back.

At 17- take wells/moreno
                              at 18- take CB,S,LB, DT whoever ( no tyjax, because we traded for peppers)

then we have a 2nd from the jets, or 3rd, plus our original 3rd to get two more quality starters at S, OL,DL, CB, OLB BPA...
                              Yeah, we'd be able to afford Peppers salary, plus 2 first round picks.

Peppers to Denver will never happen, not for that price.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
                                I doubt it. Mac had gone on a rant about how a committee approach is what he aims to do earlier this offseason.
                                On the amount of flexibility Denver has in the draft with the acquired picks, whether it will be a defensive draft and whether Denver will consider drafting a quarterback:
                                "It gives us a lot of flexibility. It's something that as a football coach going into the draft, the more you have, the better off you are because you can maneuver to get some players that you really feel good about and [we] have the ammunition to do some of those things. As far as it being a defensive or offensive draft, it's going to be the best players at a position that we need players at that can help our team win. I wouldn't say that it's going to be one way or the other. As far as a quarterback is concerned, we are evaluating all of those players just the same. If one of those players-whoever they may be, whenever it may be-is somebody that we would like to have on this team then we would consider drafting a quarterback."

On whether there is a chance to come out of the draft as a more balanced football team:
                                "That's going to be the goal all the time-to try to be as good defensively as you are offensively and vice versa. I would say from the first moment I landed in Denver though that our goal is to improve the team. We have significant improvement to do on both sides of the ball and the kicking game. We can sit here and talk about statistics a lot. But we have improvement to do on offense, we have improvement to do on defense and we can certainly improve ourselves in the kicking game. There are a lot of areas that we are going to try to address and-in the next two years, with the extra selection we have in the first round [in 2010]-I think that helps give us some ammunition to do that."

---

There is no other position that is more of a sure thing coming out of the draft than the RB position. A RB would be able to come in, and compete for a starting gig from day 1.

I'm not saying it's guaranteed that we take a first round RB, but there is a VERY good chance.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X