McShay reports that the Broncos targeting a big time tailback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I will be shocked if Moreno is available at #18. I don't think this is a realistic scenario.
    Why? Who else above us would take him?

We can safely say he'd fall past 13 because all of those teams either have RB's, or pick WAY too high to spend a draft pick on one (Bengals, Chiefs)

The first snag we could hit is the Saints. However, everybody is well aware of their defensive woes and I see them going CB with this pick.

Texans already have Slaton

Chargers have Sproles and LT, will most likely add a good LB. (Maualuga, Cushing)

Jets have Thomas Jones and are looking for a QB or WR, I'm thinking Josh Freeman or a WR (Heyward Bey maybe) at this spot. However, if they do take a RB and are looking at Wells and Moreno, I'm thinking they stick with Wells. He'd be a faster more athletic Thomas Jones, and will continue to be a great compliment to Washington.

Oh hey, there's us! Sitting at 18 with Moreno still on the board.

Comment

Moreno being available at #18 is very realistic. I'm not really concerned about the Saints going after him, as they need a bigger back to complement Bush rather than an all-around talent like Moreno.

Given the sheer amount of scouting of RB's the team has done, I expect we'll draft one either in the first or second round. Donald Brown is the guy I'm keeping an eye on - I think the fit, both in terms of talent and attitude, would be really good.

Comment

Originally posted by GOBroncs!HI View Post
        if we waste a pick on that piece of crap named sanchez or pothead raji then idk if i want to watch the season.

if we want a running back so bad then lets get one thats taller than 6' and doesnt get injured in the first practice! no offense torain...nose tackle needs to be priority. i would rather take brown or green than moreno.
        someone put somethin in your wheaties ?

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
          if the broncos draft a rb it would go against what the pats have done all these years....the pats drafted 2 rb in the first round (maroney, edwards) in the last 30 years and both ended up being a huge busts, though it wasn't edwards' fault

if the broncos took a rb in the first round i'd be pissed...we need def

another interesting stat....the last time the broncos selected a rb in the first round was 1985, steve sewell
          Steve Sewell was an awesome player...no he didn't run for 2,000 yards, but he kept numerous plays alive, always had been clutch......thouroughly enjoyed watching this man play !!

Comment

I don't see why this is surprising to some people. The Broncos have brought in Wells, Moreno, Ringer, McCoy, Jennings and Brown all for private workouts in Denver. Those are about the top five guys on most boards, with Ringer being the only ambivalent prospect in there as far as a grade goes. Otherwise, those guys are sure-fire locks to be off the board after the top 75 selections. I too believe that the Broncos will come out of their first three selections (I say selections because of a trade up possibility) with a running back of the future. #18 is a great spot to take one, and quite honestly - I feel that Wells, Moreno, Brown and even perhaps McCoy would be worth that selection. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
              I don't see why this is surprising to some people. The Broncos have brought in Wells, Moreno, Ringer, McCoy, Jennings and Brown all for private workouts in Denver. Those are about the top five guys on most boards, with Ringer being the only ambivalent prospect in there as far as a grade goes. Otherwise, those guys are sure-fire locks to be off the board after the top 75 selections. I too believe that the Broncos will come out of their first three selections (I say selections because of a trade up possibility) with a running back of the future. #18 is a great spot to take one, and quite honestly - I feel that Wells, Moreno, Brown and even perhaps McCoy would be worth that selection. We'll see.
              Oh damn. Look who it is. What's up bro?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Warhawk View Post
                Donald Brown is the guy I'm keeping an eye on - I think the fit, both in terms of talent and attitude, would be really good.
                I had a vision... of a starting backfield of Brown and Hillis. Two backs with punishing running styles and hands to die for.... :go:

Comment

teams that could/will take wells/moreno.

Sea- need-obvious, JJ wont cut it
                  cheifs- LJ unhappy, no one else to pound it
                  bengals- they got no one at all
                  jags- MJD never been a fulltime back and who else do they have to back him up? The jags will be looking at Raji,sanchez,wells/moreno,crabtree
                  Browns- Jamal lewis isnt going to be around forever.

Then there is us, who i bet 80% will take one. So yes, its possible that one or both of the top two make it to 18, but i doubt it.
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Working...
                  X