X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep ur reepin cousch ull b ok
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
      Housemouse , why do NFL experts who get paid alot of money think Larry English is a 2nd Round Prospect?????

Cause he isn't that good.

He is slow. His Shuttle and Cone drills were some of THE WORST times. He doesn't have good change of direction. Is he good moving forward. Yes.

Larry English couldn't cover me. He only did 24 reps at 225lbs. Not 36. That was his vertical.

He plain and simple won't be drafted in the top 25 Period!!!
      20 yard shuttle.

Barwin, Connor 4.18
      Campbell, Ian 4.28
      Johnson, Michael 4.37
      Maybin, Aaron 4.38
      English, Larry 4.38
      Egboh, Pannel 4.40
      Brown, Cody 4.40
      Butler, Victor 4.40
      Walker, Derek 4.41
      Sidbury Jr., Lawrence 4.43
      Davis, Will 4.45
      Veikune, David 4.46
      Kruger, Paul 4.47
      Moore, Kyle 4.47
      Potter, Zach 4.48
      Williams, Brandon 4.49
      Ayers, Robert 4.51
      Baker, Chris 4.51
      Brown, Everette 4.53

So 5th in the 20 yard shuttle is one of the slowest huh... come on dude the 40 time isn't the be all and end all in the world of football.

His ability to get to the QB is better than all the other 5th prospects that you mentioned. Cushing, Matthews and Barwin could be better in coverage but not at getting to the qb. I like Barwin and think that he could be very good in the NFL but he will certainly be gone before we pick at 48.. Cushing and Matthews could be great as well... but tbh mock draft are not just about what the scouts say they are also about your own opinion.. Just like in your mocks you always trade away DOOM but that just isn't going to happen... this year atleast... they need to see if he works before throwing him out. But it is your opinion that he goes so you include it.. It is My opinion that Larry English is going to be a very good player in the 3-4.. sure he will have to work on his coverage but every player has to work on something... You don't come out of college being the best you can ever be!

Comment

See broncofansd, you like players because of their speed, strength and size.

I like players because of their skill.

Skill>speed,strength,size

Comment

Broncosfand i understand everyone has there likes and dislikes about every player in the draft. Why do u think so many people like larry english?? They see something in him, and mike mayock is usually spot on when disecting players. He loved our clady pick , he loved our eddie royal pick how did those two work out?? U may not think i know what im talking about and thats fine. Larry enlisgh might be a bust, but then again any player in the draft could be a bust. Im just saying I think hes got potential to be great and im sticking to my guns.
          :go:

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
            Thank god somebody who has a clue.

Linebackers have to cover RB's and TE's also besides rushing the passer. English couldn't cover me out of the backfield. Ran 4.7 in High School!!!

And why draft the Slowest , lower ranked player when Bigger and Faster Players are available????

Bill Parcells - Draft the Biggest , Fastest Players ALWAYS!!!

dude time and time again you prove just how naive you really are.

40 times dont mean always mean everything, english is a stud football player, just like terell suggs who happened to have run a 4.8 at his combine as well, so get a clue stop running your mouth about crap you havent a clue about.....

bigger and faster doesnt always mean the work ethic, fundementals, motor, leadership or instincts are there.

English has all these traits just get a clue....seriously
            Last edited by elevation INC; 04-05-2009, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Sorry guy's but no OLB will help us stop the run. They may get to the QB but if the RB has the ball it ain't worth it. Everyone wants a sexy pick but the fact is we cant stop the run. Rey at 12 and TJax at 18 Brace at 48 thats how you start to build a D. There will always be OLB in every draft but we have a reall chance of building a great D. If my sig dont get you excited then I cant help but a OLB is like a RB/WR sexy but the last piece of the puzzel. You need to build the front 7/OL before the sexy picks. Plus DJ, Moss,Doom or Reid may pan out at OLB and we just wasted a pick. Next year you can draft an OLB in every round this year lets stop the run.

Comment

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                Sorry guy's but no OLB will help us stop the run. They may get to the QB but if the RB has the ball it ain't worth it. Everyone wants a sexy pick but the fact is we cant stop the run. Rey at 12 and TJax at 18 Brace at 48 thats how you start to build a D. There will always be OLB in every draft but we have a reall chance of building a great D. If my sig dont get you excited then I cant help but a OLB is like a RB/WR sexy but the last piece of the puzzel. You need to build the front 7/OL before the sexy picks. Plus DJ, Moss,Doom or Reid may pan out at OLB and we just wasted a pick. Next year you can draft an OLB in every round this year lets stop the run.
                We have dj, andra, boss, larsen, and woodyard at ilb.

Ilb is not as big a need as olb

Comment

Working...
                X