Mccoy-tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mccoy-tebow

I have heard so many people talk about Mccoy and Tebow and how we are going to draft one of them in next years draft. NO WAY, Mccoy and Tebow have 0% chance of starting in the NFL. Mccoy runs half the time and Tebow cant seem to ever throw from the pocket. I dont want the Broncos to draft a QB in the first round this year but Sanchez and Stafford are 10 times better.

Originally posted by Bronco-raage View Post
    I have heard so many people talk about Mccoy and Tebow and how we are going to draft one of them in next years draft. NO WAY, Mccoy and Tebow have 0% chance of starting in the NFL. Mccoy runs half the time and Tebow cant seem to ever throw from the pocket. I dont want the Broncos to draft a QB in the first round this year but Sanchez and Stafford are 10 times better.
    I can see 4 other posts you could have put this in....

Comment

Originally posted by bronco-raage View Post
      i have heard so many people talk about mccoy and tebow and how we are going to draft one of them in next years draft. No way, mccoy and tebow have 0% chance of starting in the nfl. Mccoy runs half the time and tebow cant seem to ever throw from the pocket. I dont want the broncos to draft a qb in the first round this year but sanchez and stafford are 10 times better.
      agreed, except the last part. They suck too

Comment

Originally posted by smilin assasin View Post
        agreed, except the last part. They suck too
        Stafford is the 2nd best QB prospect in the last decade...yet he sucks...

Hmn...

And Sanchez is also a dream QB for our system.

Hmn...

Comment

the real Mccoy:go:

sigpic

Comment

McCoy or Tebow? Come on now, it's all about Sam Bradford

Comment

Originally posted by phnomnl_waffles View Post
              Stafford is the 2nd best QB prospect in the last decade...yet he sucks...

Hmn...

And Sanchez is also a dream QB for our system.

Hmn...
              You could be right but I don't see it. Just my opinion. I'm from Big 12 land so maybe I'm spoiled watching Bradford and Mccoy both of whom are better than these 2 turkeys.
              Last edited by smilin assasin; 04-05-2009, 12:33 AM.

Comment

This kid is obviously like 12 years old.

/end thread

Comment

Why does half of this board believe that Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy are NFL type material? Does anyone remember the NFL glory days of Josh Huepel, Jason White, or Major Applewhite?

Comment

Originally posted by EDavis View Post
                    Why does half of this board believe that Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy are NFL type material? Does anyone remember the NFL glory days of Josh Huepel, Jason White, or Major Applewhite?
                    Your comparing apples to oranges.

No one, I mean NO ONE was hyping the afore mentioned players as great NFL prospects.

Almost everyone is talking about McCoy, Bradford, and Tebow.

And honestly, I don't know how good any of them could be, but NO ONE ever does really.

If I was going to rate them, based off what I've seen

1) McCoy
                    2) Bradford
                    3) Tebow

I'm not sure if Tebow can do it on the NFL level as a QB. FB, HB, LB? Maybe, but not QB. That's just my take.

But Bradford and McCoy are extremely accurate, have good arms(I think McCoy's is stronger) and don't make many mistakes. I like all of those combinations when talking about QBs. They are both considered SMART, which one would think would make them highly valuable to NFL teams in the first round.

From your point of view, teams shouldn't draft players from Tennessee(marcus nash) or Ohio State(maurice clarrett).
                    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

You're right, Tebow has 0% chance to start in the NFL...but McCoy does IMO. He bulked up before his junior year this past season and the kid is tough as nails. You say he runs all the time? You must've never watched a game in the Big 12. McCoy was 332 of 443 for almost 4000 yards and a 77% completion percentage....and 34 td to 8 ints. Then again, he always runs the ball according to you. Get a clue before you post fool.

Comment

I think this next year Tebow will be throwing a lot more. The jury is still out on him because the perception that he is a running QB or whatever. This year he will show his arm off and the NFL will see what he's worth.

Comment

yeah, i've gotten to watch McCoy in practices and he really does have an arm, unfortunately he also happens to be Texas' best running back.

Comment

Originally posted by EDavis View Post
                            Why your post is off...
                            Jason White was a great qb until his two senior years...

Explanation: Jason White had an ACL/MCL tear in his Junior year.... He recouperated and Led OU to a national championship (they loss) in his first senior year.. He got hurt again ACL/MCL other leg.. Led them back to the national championship but was obviously ruined goods for the NFL... He should have left early when he came out of his junior year...

Here, don't believe me .... read it from Wikipedia... Oh and why would I be so knowledgeable of Jason White and the Sooners.... Look at my scren name..... Andre Woolfolk is my nephew and having grown up a CU Buffalos fan, I switched because CU refused to offer Andre anything... Good for Andre - he went to OU when they sucked 4-7 the year before, his first year 7-4, the next year, undefeated National Champs his Sophomore year..... Anyway, here is Jason White's wikipedia info:

After suffering from consecutive anterior cruciate ligament tears and reconstructive knee surgeries on both knees during the 2001 and 2002 seasons, White won the Heisman Trophy in 2003 after throwing 40 touchdown passes and 8 interceptions. White was also the recipient of the Associated Press Player of the Year, consensus All-American, consensus Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year, the Davey O'Brien Award and the Jim Thorpe Courage Award in his 2003 season. He was awarded a medical hardship by the NCAA and allowed to play a second senior year in 2004.[1][2]

White was again a finalist for the Heisman Trophy in 2004, trying to become just the second player after Archie Griffin to win the honor twice, but instead finished third. White did win the Davey O'Brien Award for the second straight year, becoming the third quarterback ever to win the prestigous award two years in a row. He led the Sooners to the Big 12 championship game in 2003, which they lost to Kansas State.[3] With the help of the second place Heisman Trophy finisher Adrian Peterson, White took the Oklahoma Sooners to the national championship game once more, the Orange Bowl, in 2004, but lost soundly to USC, 55-19. White finished his collegiate career as the University of Oklahoma's all-time leader in career passing yards (8,012) and touchdown passes (81).[4]

Despite his strong college career, White was not selected in the 2005 NFL Draft and did not receive a tryout from any NFL team in the first several weeks of post-draft free agency. He did eventually receive a tryout from the Kansas City Chiefs who opted not to sign him. Eventually the Tennessee Titans signed him as an undrafted free agent in 2005,[5] but White decided to quit professional football, citing weak knees. White has expressed a possible interest in coaching sometime in the future.[6]

Oh and for the record the passing records that White broke were Josh Huepel's.... Andre's QB... Andre played receiver and Corner for OU... Josh Huepel was brutally injured in preseason and never made it (Dolphins)
                            Last edited by WoolfolksUncle; 04-05-2009, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Tim Tebow - THINK BEN ROTHLESBERGER (and potentially better)

Colt McCoy - AT LEASE THINK KYLE ORTON. There have been several dozen QB's who have started in the NFL over the last 5 years who were/are no better than Colt McCoy. (McCoy is legit)

You guys and gals are way too harsh in your judgments of young college talent.

Both Tebow and McCoy have decent arms, they are mobil, they are football smart and they have a winning desire.

Comment

Working...
                              X