1-18) Tyson Jackson DE

2-48) Sean Smith CB

3-79) Chip Vaughn SS

3-84) Sammie Lee Hill NT

4-114) A.Q. Shipley - C

5-149) Aaron Kelly, WR

6-185) Tom Brandstater QB

7-225) Graham Gano K

7-235) Peyton Hillis 3rd cousin by marriage, old college roommate's, dentist. who plays some position on defense?

Just in case there is an why no rush OLB question.

I think Doom And Moss will be able to play OLB.

With Rey at 12 there are chances for D.J. to move Outside where he plays his best. But I'm sure he will have to play 50% of the time inside while Davis takes his breaths.
    Last edited by OrangeCrushX; 04-05-2009, 12:38 PM.

Comment

i believe that in order to make our team as good as possible through this draft, we need to take the best 2 defensive players available with our picks. with that said, i dont know how we could not take maualuga at 12. this guy is an offense's nightmare against the run. ppl need to realize that DL is a position which takes the most time to develop at. at 18 take the best pass rushing OLB available. most likely aaron maybin from penn state. as for DL, Fili Moala i like fili moala from SC

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCrushX View Post
        OrangeCrushX Final Mock Draft

1-12) Rey Maluglua ILB

1-18) Tyson Jackson DE

2-48) Sean Smith CB

3-79) Chip Vaughn SS

3-84) Sammie Lee Hill NT

4-114) A.Q. Shipley - C

5-149) Aaron Kelly, WR

7-225) Graham Gano K

7-235) Peyton Hillis 3rd cousin by marriage, old college roommate's, dentist. who plays some position on defense?
        Do you really think that Sean Smith will be there at 48th and are you assuming Brace is gone. If Smith and Brace are both there who would you pick.

Comment

Dj will make a much better ilb than olb in a 3-4

Comment

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
            Do you really think that Sean Smith will be there at 48th and are you assuming Brace is gone. If Smith and Brace are both there who would you pick.
            Yes I think Sean Smith Maybe will be there just because he has only played 2 seasons at CB and he isn't the best tackler, Just a gut feeling.

Has Ron Brace ever faced a double team playing next to Raji? I'm very worried about Brace.

So I would say Smith over Brace. Next year is "supposed" to be deep at NT.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
              Dj will make a much better ilb than olb in a 3-4
              Oh you already know this? Thanks I was going off of what I have seen through college at Miami and Denver.

You should consider calling McDaniels and Noloan and letting them know before they screw it up.

McDaniels- 720-555-1234
              Nolan - 720-555-4321

Broncos Nation thanks you for your "Cleo" like information.

Comment

Oh you already know this? Thanks I was going off of what I have seen through college at Miami and Denver.

You should consider calling McDaniels and Noloan and letting them know before they screw it up.

McDaniels- 720-555-1234
                Nolan - 720-555-4321

D.J. is too small to fit the typical 3-4 OLB. In the 3-4, NT is huge, DEs are basically 4-3 type DTs, OLBs are fast big & athletic 4-3 type DEs.
                Think Elvis Dumervil, Jarvis Moss for pass rushing 3-4 OLBs. D.J. is a great tackler, but less of a pass rusher. The ILBs in a 3-4 are run-stoppers and tacklers. Just a better fit for D.J.

Comment

I completely understand this and the 3-4 defense. I also completely understand inside is not the spot for DJ his play dropped off big time when playing MLB. I was referring to the Hybrid 3-4 we are supposed to be running I wasn't clear enough about that I suppose but I thought everyone knew. Especially Cleo

Comment

1-12) Rey Maluglua ILB

1-18) Tyson Jackson DE

2-48) Sean Smith CB

3-79) Chip Vaughn SS

3-84) Sammie Lee Hill NT

4-114) A.Q. Shipley - C

5-149) Aaron Kelly, WR

7-225) Graham Gano K

noooooo lol. i agree until the 2nd rd. we hsould take fs luis delmas and then a cb with one of our 3rds!!! and i like fili moala instead of hill.

Comment

McDaniels- 720-555-1234
                      Nolan - 720-555-4321

traditionally he is correct. on paper DJ is made to fit more in the middle of a 3-4 and be the versatile LB. He has never playin in a 3-4 so looking at miami and denver will do you no good. 3-4's thrive off OLB's who are oversized(dj is not), strong and great pass rush technique. don't think DJ entirely fits that mold.

from what ive researched, I think Jackson will be gone before pick 18, rey will still be there at 18. I would love to see us pick up them both.

My hopes now... Raji falls to 12 w/his current drug issue. we get rey at 18.

or ron brace in the sec, if raji is gone. ron brace would be a great rotational guy right away.

Comment

1-12) Rey Maluglua ILB

1-18) Tyson Jackson DE

2-48) Sean Smith CB

3-79) Chip Vaughn SS

3-84) Sammie Lee Hill NT

4-114) A.Q. Shipley - C

5-149) Aaron Kelly, WR

7-225) Graham Gano K

I would not be happy with this draft, with the exception of Jackson at #18, which would be good value for him. I also would like Vaughn in the third, but that is too high for Hill, and your day two's are largely guys I have not heard of.

COMING SOON:

I will be releasing Mindfield's Mega Mock Madness with a complete Bronco mock, as well as the first two rounds of the draft this week.

Stay Tuned.

Comment

1-12) Rey Maluglua ILB

1-18) Tyson Jackson DE

2-48) Sean Smith CB

3-79) Chip Vaughn SS

3-84) Sammie Lee Hill NT

4-114) A.Q. Shipley - C

5-149) Aaron Kelly, WR

7-225) Graham Gano K

Great mock. I love the Rey-Rey, Jackson, Smith, and Peyton Hillis 3rd cousin by marriage, old college roommate's, dentist picks.
                          sigpic
                          Props to Peerless^
                          Officially Supporting the Brown and Gold vertical socks. 2009.
                          Official Kyle Orton Army Solidier #17.
                          Official Knowshon Moreno Fan Club #57
                          Pro-McDaniels

Comment

You are betting that Elvis Dumervil who has never played LB and Jarvis Moss who just can't play period are our OLB???

Scary.

Fact with DJ Williams , Andra Davis , Spencer Larson we don't have a huge need at ILB. Drafting a good one later like Jasper Brinkley would be more than enough.

Tyson Jackson is falling fast. He benched 225lbs 20 times. Eddie Royal at 180lbs did like 23 or 24 times. What that tells me is Jackson is LAZY!!!

I would rather have Evander Hood who benched 225lbs 35 times and weighs exactly the same as Tyson Jackson.

I think he is a under-achiever!!!

I actually really like all of the rest of your picks!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X