1st Round Mock Draft - Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Round Mock Draft - Updated

With the news of Zach Thomas signing with The Chiefs and Byron Leftwich signing with Tampa Bay that the 1st Round is going to look alot different than most people have thought.

There are also rumors of Brady Quinn getting traded for a mid 1st Round Pick. My guess is Detroit. I am going to project this in this draft.

National Football Post "Josh Freeman of Kansas State is hot right now for a lot of teams. I had one personnel man tell me that he really believes Freeman will be a top-10 pick. Stafford, Mark Sanchez and Freeman might all be top-10 picks. "

1. Detroit Lions ---------------------Jason Smith Tackle Baylor
    2. St Louis Rams---------------------Eugene Monroe - lost Orlando Pace.
    3. Kansas City-----------------------Brian Orakpo- OLB Pass Rusher / just signed Zach Thomas ILB.
    4. Seattle Seahawks-----------------Aaron Curry - LB BPA
    5. Cleveland Browns------------------Michael Crabtree - WR
    6. Cincinnati Bengals-----------------Andre Smith - Tackle
    7. Oakland Raiders-------------------Jeremy Maclin - WR
    8. Washinton-----------------------****TRADE****Washington trades it's 1st , 3rd and 7th round Pick to Jacksonville. Washington selects QB Matthew Strafford.
    9. Greenbay-------------------------****TRADE**** Jets trade it's 1st , 3rd and 5th Rounder to Greenbay. The Jets select QB Mark Sanchez.
    10. San Fransisco---------------------Josh Freeman - QB - Kansas St.
    11. Buffalo----------------------------Robert Ayers - DE - Tennesee
    12. Denver Broncos--------------------Bj Raji - NT - Boston College

13. Jacksonville Jaguars----------------Chris Wells - RB - Ohio St. After cutting Fred Taylor the add Beanie Wells.
    14. New Orleans-----------------------Malcolm Jenkins - CB - Ohio St.
    15. Houston Texans--------------------Brian Cushing - LB - USC
    16. San Diego--------------------------Tyson Jackson - DE - LSU - after letting Olshansky go they have a need at DE.
    17. Greenbay Packers------------------Aaron Maybin - OLB - Penn St.
    18. Denver Broncos--------------------Rey Maualuga - ILB - USC

Hard hitting LB not seen since Al Wilson.
    19. Tampa Bay-------------------------Peria Jerry - DT - Ole Miss
    20. Cleveland(via Brady Quinn)----------Everette Brown - OLB - Florida St.
    21. Philadelphia Eagles------------------Knowshon Moreno - RB - Georgia
    22. Minnesota Viking--------------------Darius Heyward Bey - WR - Maryland
    23. New England Patriots----------------Clay Matthews jr - OLB - USC
    24. Atlanta Falcons---------------------Evander Hood - DT - Missouri
    25. Miami Dolphins----------------------Jarron Gilbert - DE - San Jose St. after letting Vonnie Holiday go Miami needs a DE.
    26. Baltimore Ravens--------------------Kenny Britt - WR - Rutgers
    27. Indianapolis Colts--------------------Percy Harvin - WR - Florida - Marvin Harrison was cut then need a WR.
    28. Philadelphia Eagles-------------------Eben Britton - T - Arizonia
    29. NY Giants----------------------------Hakeem Nicks - WR - North Carolina
    30. Tennessee Titans--------------------Brian Robiskie - WR - Ohio St.
    31. Arizonia Cardinals--------------------Donald Brown - RB - Conn
    32. Pittsburg Steelers--------------------Eric Wood - C - Louisville

****This mock draft takes into account that Brady Quinn gets traded to Detroit(which I think would be a very smart move) and that both Washington and the NY Jets were very much interested in Cutler and want QB's.
    Last edited by broncofansd; 04-12-2009, 01:02 PM.

This is without a doubt one of the worst mocks I have ever seen. Way too much going on... you're banking on a lot of unlikely things.

Comment

Originally posted by rpbrooks View Post
      This is without a doubt one of the worst mocks I have ever seen. Way too much going on... you're banking on a lot of unlikely things.

I actually think it is a pretty good mock. Quinn is going to be traded, and detroit would be a likely destination, and if Stafford falls that far there would certainly be teams trying to trade up to get him.

The trades are hard to predict, but this is just about as likely as any mock with trades I've seen

Comment

What is unlikely???

If you were Detroit and you could trade your 20th Pick for Brady Quinn and save MILLIONS and then draft Left Tackle with the 1st Pick. I think this is no brainer.

Here is a link of rumors.
        http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...make-a-splash/
        http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...unday-edition/
        Last edited by broncofansd; 04-12-2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
          I actually think it is a pretty good mock. Quinn is going to be traded, and detroit would be a likely destination, and if Stafford falls that far there would certainly be teams trying to trade up to get him.

The trades are hard to predict, but this is just about as likely as any mock with trades I've seen

Thank you. Trades are hard to predict but last year there were 5 trades in the 1st Round. I am sure this year will be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post

OK, fine, here are some glaring problems...

If Stafford falls to eight, how can the Jaguars trade with the Redskins instead of taking Stafford themselves? They need a quarterback a lot more than the skins.

Also can anyone find me a bit of evidence suggesting that San Fran likes Josh Freeman? He's way overvalued at that pick. If Sanchez is off the board at that point, which actually might be possible, they'll go after something else.

And there is no way that Raji falls to #12. Bank on it.

Comment

1. no one in the nfl would be stupid enough to trade their 1st for quinn
              2. everyone is saying now that orakpo is too stiff in coverage, no.3 is way too high for a one-dimensional linebacker
              3. nfl teams have players visit to get some questions about the players answered, not because they will def draft them, andre smith did 19 reps without a shirt on, showing the world how fat and out of shape he is, bengals wont draft him
              4. jaguars have alot of problems, running back is not one of them, and wells is not a cant miss talent
              5. san diego is not dumb enough to take a weak, unmotivated, DE like jackson with no stats, workouts, or measurables that come close to justifying this idiotic selection. only a select few ignorant bronco fans are that pathetic.
              6. again, no one in the nfl is stupid enough to trade their 1st for quinn
              7. broncos have bigger needs than an ilb who cant cover. dj can play we all know that, larsen turned one of the worst run defenses in the nfl into a first class run defense against some of the leagues best running backs, and you want maualuga? a free lancing, overpersuing, cant wrap up or cover linebacker? im sick of this draft, peace out
              Darcel McBath 2009 Adopt-a-Bronco

McDaniel's Assistant Assylum: Defensive Line Coach

Jay Cutler 336-555 3666 yards 27 TD 26 INT 7W 9L
              vs.
              Kyle Orton 336-541 3802 yards 21 TD 12 INT 8W 8L
              Robert Ayers 18 Tackles 1 TD
              First Round Pick TBA

Comment

Not going to happen, but i would love it for denver. :salute!:
                Humm....

Comment

Here is some of your answers.

National Football Post - " Josh Freeman of Kansas State is hot right now for a lot of teams. I had one personnel man tell me that he really believes Freeman will be a top-10 pick. Stafford, Mark Sanchez and Freeman might all be top-10 picks"

Josh Freeman invited to NFL DRAFT.

Lombardi reports he is hearing from multiple league sources that the Browns have a first round pick on the table for Quinn, but may be looking for more. Two teams are currently interested in Quinn’s services.

2 Teams willing to trade 1st Round Pick!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goatmaster View Post
                    1. no one in the nfl would be stupid enough to trade their 1st for quinn
                    There is already atleast one team offering a 1st for Quinn
                    2. everyone is saying now that orakpo is too stiff in coverage, no.3 is way too high for a one-dimensional linebacker
                    I agree, but he is still likely a top 5 pick, and the chiefs need a pass rushing OLB for their 3-4
                    3. nfl teams have players visit to get some questions about the players answered, not because they will def draft them, andre smith did 19 reps without a shirt on, showing the world how fat and out of shape he is, bengals wont draft him
                    Bengals have a huge need at tackle, and smith's stock really hasnt fallen that far. He is still likely a top 10 pick
                    4. jaguars have alot of problems, running back is not one of them, and wells is not a cant miss talent
                    I mostly agree with you, but stranger things have happened. If it was my mock they would take a reciever here
                    5. san diego is not dumb enough to take a weak, unmotivated, DE like jackson with no stats, workouts, or measurables that come close to justifying this idiotic selection. only a select few ignorant bronco fans are that pathetic.
                    San Diego has a huge need on the d-line, this is great value for Tyson Jackson, and unless Michael Oher is availible expect the Chargers to take the best 3-4 DE in the draft
                    6. again, no one in the nfl is stupid enough to trade their 1st for quinn
                    Read my comment on Quinn above
                    7. broncos have bigger needs than an ilb who cant cover. dj can play we all know that, larsen turned one of the worst run defenses in the nfl into a first class run defense against some of the leagues best running backs, and you want maualuga? a free lancing, overpersuing, cant wrap up or cover linebacker? im sick of this draft, peace out
                    They need a run stopping ILB, Andra Davis is a decent starter, but not the long term option. Spencer Larsen is good depth, but not a starter. He is smaller, slower, and less explosive than Maualuga
                    Sorry, you really dont know what you are talking about

Comment

Mark Schereff on ESPN said Denver should draft Rey Maualuga because every since Al Wilson got hurt , Denver hasn't had a hard hitting player to impose his will on the other team.

Maualuga looks like a bad azz in the pic above.

Comment

If all of that insanity actually happened, there's no way we'd pass on Everette Brown for Rey Maualuga at 18.
                        sigpic
                        Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                          If all of that insanity actually happened, there's no way we'd pass on Everette Brown for Rey Maualuga at 18.

Can you please explain to me how Everette Brown is much different from Elvis Dumervil besides 3 inches in height??? And how is E. Brown better than Elvis Dumervil????

Comment

Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
                            Here is some of your answers.

National Football Post - " Josh Freeman of Kansas State is hot right now for a lot of teams. I had one personnel man tell me that he really believes Freeman will be a top-10 pick. Stafford, Mark Sanchez and Freeman might all be top-10 picks"

Josh Freeman invited to NFL DRAFT.

Lombardi reports he is hearing from multiple league sources that the Browns have a first round pick on the table for Quinn, but may be looking for more. Two teams are currently interested in Quinn’s services.

2 Teams willing to trade 1st Round Pick!!!!

Provide a link? This doesn't look reputable and it certainly is a fringe resource and best.

Comment

Provide a link? This doesn't look reputable and it certainly is a fringe resource and best.

Your link sir:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...unday-edition/

Michael Lombardi is on NFL network and has worked in the NFL for years. So he is as good a source as any , maybe better!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X