Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myoung
    replied
    I sure hope you are intentionally spelling the word ridiculous wrong. You seem to use it over and over again.

Regardless.... Since Beanie Wells will be on the bench so much there is certainly a case to be made for having another back...

how about this.... We forget the Beanie Wells is even available in this draft and pick someone that will help our team....

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied
    A Rediculous Thought!!!!

I just thought of a rediculous idea with Denver's Draft. Here it goes.

12th Pick in the Draft---------------------------Knowshon Moreno ------RB Georgia

18th Pick in the Draft----------------------------Chris Wells -------RB Ohio St.

Denver gets the best RB Combo in the NFL.

The rest of the draft.

2nd----Ron Brace
    3rd----Jasper Brinkley
    3rd----Chip Vaughn
    4th----Dorrell Scott
    5th----Austin Collie
    6th----Hunter Caldwell
    7th----Antonio Appleby
    7th----Travis Bright

I know this is REDICULOUS but Denver would have The Best Running Game in the NFL. I don't think that any team could stop both Moreno and Wells.

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied
    Denver needs a NT and BJ Raji is the #1 NT in the draft.

And then drafting Knowshon Moreno would be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    Too much to give up for Raji IMO. If it were up to me i wouldnt pull that trade, but thats just me.

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied
    I think that if we don't trade up to get Bj Raji there is no guarantee that Ron Brace falls to us.

And Bj Raji is a better player!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SDSU#1
    replied
    I'd be ok with this. I'm opposed to trading up, but if it happened I wouldn't complain too much. I would also rather have Byrd or Mickens in the third, but other than that I think you did a good job.

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied
    Championship Mock Draft!!!

This is officially my last Mock Draft this year. I am sorry that I have bored you guys for sooo long.

Free Agent Signings

Vonnie Holliday - Denver signs this 3-4 DE to a 2 year contract.
    Holliday is 33 and is still a very good player and will come cheap. He is better than Tyson Jackson easily for the next 2 years.

Trade - Denver Trades Tony Scheffler to The Buffalo Bills for their 3rd Round Pick

Using Scout inc's latest mock draft as reference.

2009 NFL DRAFT

*****TRADE*****The Denver Broncos trade their 1st(12) and 2nd(48) Pick to the Cleveland Browns for the #5 Pick in the Draft.

5th Pick in the Draft--------------------BJ Raji -NT - 6'2" 337lbs - Denver trades up to draft it's BIGGEST NEED = NT. I am sorry but Denver can't keep going after B players.

18th Pick in the Draft-------------------Knowshon Moreno - RB - 5'11" 210lbs Denver selects Moreno to make Denver's Offense very Balanced and makes Kyle Orton's job at QB much easier.

3rd Round Pick(via Buffalo)---------Donald Washington CB Ohio St. 6'0" 197lbs Denver drafts this excellent CB in the 3rd Round.

3rd Round Pick----------------------Jasper Brinkley - ILB South Carolina - Denver drafts this Big ILB to team up with Andra Davis.

3rd Round Pick-----------------Chip Vaughn SS Wake Forrest 6'2"222lbs Denver selects this excellent Safety

4th Round Pick------------------Dorrell Scott DE/NT 6'3" 312lbs Denver drafts this Big Defensive Lineman to rotate in at DE and NT.

5th Round Pick------------------Louis Vasquez Guard Texas Tech Denver drafts this excellent pass protector at Guard.

6th Round Pick-------------------Austin Collie WR BYU 6'0" 200lbs Excellent WR who was very productive at BYU.

7th Round Pick-------------------Chris Baker DE/NT Hampton Denver drafts this big DT for added depth.

7th Round Pick-------------------Robert Francois ILB Boston College Denver drafts this very good but raw LB.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Denver's Starting Defense!!!!

Vonnie Holliday-----------Bj Raji----------Marcus Thomas

Elvis Dumervil-----Andra Davis---Jasper Brinkley---DJ Williams

Champ Bailey---Brian Dawkins---Renaldo Hill---Andre Goodman

Leave a comment:

• Broncosojia
    replied
    I'd be ok with this draft.

Leave a comment:

• sage
    replied
    That's a lot of beef! NT, DL, DL, DE and two ILBs

I have to say NO to Rey in the 1st, or any other round, and you might want to take a S in the 4th or 5th instead.

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied
    Originally posted by broooks77 View Post
    I don't think we need a running back in the first round.

My thoughts of Drafting Moreno = he would give Denver a Huge Upgrade in the Running Game. Think of NY Giants , Carolina Panthers , Tennesee Titans all of them ride their Running Games into the Playoffs!!!

Knowshon reminds me of T.D. and is easily the Best Player Available at 18.

Who at 18 do you think is better???

Leave a comment:

• broooks77
    replied
    I don't think we need a running back in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• no-pseudo-fan
    replied
    I like it. Wish we could get an OLB on day one, but I wouldn't complain.

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied
    2nd from last Mock Draft

The draft is 3 days away!!! With the Information about BJ Raji not testing positive for marijuana , I think it is going to be hard to get him. I think it is 90% chance his is gone before 12.

Using Todd McSchay's new 7 round mock draft as reference.

Free Agent

Vonnie Holliday - 3-4 DE signs a 2-3 year deal.

2009 NFL Mock Draft

1st Round Pick(12)---------------------Rey Maualuga ILB USC Maualuga brings a Nasty attitude and hard hitting style not seen since Al Wilson. Denver slides DJ Williams to OLB.

1st Round Pick(18)--------------------Knowshon Moreno Denver drafts this excellent RB that will make Denver's Offense Complete.

2nd Round Pick(48)----------------------Ron Brace Big NT from Boston College.

3rd Round Pick----------------------------Donald Brown CB Ohio St 6'0" 197lbs Excellent CB.

3rd Round Pick----------------------------Louis Murphy WR Florida

4th Round Pick----------------------------Dorrell Scott DE/NT Big 6'3" 314lbs DT from Clemson.

5th Round Pick----------------------------Khalif Mitchell NT/DE East Carolina BIG 6'5" 312lbs

6th Round Pick----------------------------Hunter Cantwell QB Louisville.

7th Round Pick----------------------------- Travis Bright Guard BYU

7th Round Pick-----------------------------Antonio Appleby ILB Virginia

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

By drafting Rey Maualuga , Ron Brace , Donald Washington , Dorrell Scott Denver upgrades it's Defense.

By drafting Knowshon Moreno and Louis Murphy Denver's Offense becomes even better.

Leave a comment:

• dogman67156
    replied
    I like this draft. Might be closer to true than a lot of them have been. I don't think McDaniel will trade up high enough to get Raji and peope are now saying Ty Jackson goes to the Chiefs with the 3rd pick (which I think is a reach) and I think Sanchez will go in the top ten picks.
    I think Scott might be a better NT canidate than Brace.

Leave a comment:

• Goatmaster
    replied
    orakpo would need to get more flexible and possibly lose weight to be more fluid in coverage.

im still convinced that maualuga isnt a huge enough improvement over spencer larsen. maualuga is a burden in coverage and the run defense was much improved with larsen and against some of the leagues best running backs too. if you take off thomas jones' ridiculous run play where he was taken to the ground but got back up and ran 59 yards for a TD then the run defense with larsen starting allowed 3.7 ypc, that is against larry johnson, michael turner, and thomas jones. wow.

broncos defense starting larsen= 3.7 ypc
    broncos defense not starting larsen= 5.1 ypc
    just a tad of improvement, wouldn't you say?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X