Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swankattack86
    replied
    I would crap my pants, honestly that would be great.

Leave a comment:

• basbllplaya26
    replied
    Originally posted by Snarfalicious View Post
    It's actually not that bad of a mock. I am starting to lose faith in Orakpo as a 3-4 OLB, and although the Bills need a OT with the trade of Peters, I do believe if Orakpo were there they would most def. take him because of their big need for a DE and they could get a guy like Phil Loadholt later.

We all know Orakpo has the numbers, but you can have some of the best strength, straight-line speed numbers, but if you can't switch your hips over as an OLB you are a one-trick pony. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Tyson Jackson at 12. I think the Broncos have more faith in Doom/Moss/Crowder as OLB's than most people believe. It's a pretty good mock, though. If it turned out this way I couldn't say I would be upset at all. I just think Orakpo projects much better as a 4-3 DE and Buffalo would be gitty to get him at 11.
    espn's blogger Bill Williamson came out saying that Moss is a third string OLB and that he might have trouble making the team. That kinda startled me a bit.

Around the AFC West

April 20, 2009 1:45 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

Denver

Jarvis Moss is a third-string outside linebacker.

My take: Denver moved up four spots to take him two years ago. He has been injury prone and he has made virtually no impact in his first two NFL seasons. Now, the former defensive end is a third-string linebacker in Denver's 3-4 defense. Two starting linebacker are hurt and the team hasn't drafted anyone at the position yet. This is not a good sign for Moss, who could have a difficult time making the 53-man roster.

Leave a comment:

• Snarfalicious
    replied
    It's actually not that bad of a mock. I am starting to lose faith in Orakpo as a 3-4 OLB, and although the Bills need a OT with the trade of Peters, I do believe if Orakpo were there they would most def. take him because of their big need for a DE and they could get a guy like Phil Loadholt later.

We all know Orakpo has the numbers, but you can have some of the best strength, straight-line speed numbers, but if you can't switch your hips over as an OLB you are a one-trick pony. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Tyson Jackson at 12. I think the Broncos have more faith in Doom/Moss/Crowder as OLB's than most people believe. It's a pretty good mock, though. If it turned out this way I couldn't say I would be upset at all. I just think Orakpo projects much better as a 4-3 DE and Buffalo would be gitty to get him at 11.

Leave a comment:

• BigJuan
    replied
    i like everything except orakpo the reason he is falling is because he doesnt have the ability to play olb. the experts are saying he is not fluid enough in his movement to make the switch. if you want a rush backer take rey at 12 then brown at 18.

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied
    A Different Mock Draft!!!

I thought this Mock Draft would be kind of Different.

2009 NFL DRAFT

1st Round Pick(12)-----------------------------Brian Orakpo OLB Texas It has been said a couple of times on NFL network that Orakpo is falling a little bit. I think if Bj Raji is off the board , Orakpo would be a very good addition at 6'3" 263lbs.

1st Round Pick(18)-----------------------------Rey Maualuga ILB He will bring the Hard Hitting ILB back to Denver's Defense , not seen since Al Wilson

2nd Round Pick---------------------------------Ron Brace NT Boston College Big at 6'3" 329lbs

3rd Round Pick----------------------------------Dorrell Scott DE/NT Clemson This BIG DT can do it all.

3rd Round Pick----------------------------------Louis Murphy WR, Florida Very fast WR from Florida

4th Round Pick-----------------------------------Chip Vaughn Safety Wake Forrest

5th Round Pick-----------------------------------Zach Potter DE Nebraska 6'7" 279lbs Very tall DE with room to fill in.

6th Round Pick------------------------------------Henry Melton LB Texas 6'4" 269lbs Former RB is developmental ILB

7th Round Pick------------------------------------Gatrell Johnson RB Colorado St.

7th Round Pick------------------------------------Bruce Johnson CB Miami

Denver's Defense would get alot BIGGER in this Draft.

Brian Orakpo - OLB
    Rey Maualuga - ILB
    Ron Brace - NT
    Dorrell Scott - DE/NT
    Chip Vaughn - SS
    Zach Potter - DE

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
    I have to agree with BJ Raji not failing his drug test , he will be gone by 12.

The question is Does Denver trade up to get him or down to get Ron Brace????????
    baring better players not available at #18 ild rather trade down to get Brace then trade up to get Raji.

We know Baker will be gone by the NE Patriots 2nd so its obvious we need a NT by are 2nd round. Ild say if noon worth getting at 18 trade down to get Brace otherwise trade down to get Baker in the late 2nd if Brace isnt available to us in the 2nd.

I was thinking getting 2 2nd rounders wouldnt kill us I like Evander Hood also can someone tell me whats wrong with Jeremy Navarre I think he looks good especially since Larry English needs to increase his size to be a DE or increase his speed to be LB and the Debate of Jackson being overrated is getting on my nerves how about an overpowered line in the draft
    Imagine:
    Evander Hood Ron Brace Jeremy Navarre

Leave a comment:

• berlownacyo7s
    replied
    so. many. mocks. I. can't. handle. it.

I though you already made 3 "last mocks"....

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied
    Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
    B.J. Raji will definitley be off the board by pick 12.

I have to agree with BJ Raji not failing his drug test , he will be gone by 12.

The question is Does Denver trade up to get him or down to get Ron Brace????????

Leave a comment:

• thatkidhunt
    replied
    B.J. Raji will definitley be off the board by pick 12.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    If Brace isnt available to us in round 2 Chris Baker isnt a bad player. With the holes we have trading down is better then trading up and the more we trade down the more picks we get the more picks we get the sooner we can also make some offensive improvements. If there isnt someone worth getting at your pick its a much better strategy to trade down. Youll probably see fewer busts at 2 or 3 then at 1 because they arent held at such a high value. If we were a team that made the playoffs and did well last year and a player that we must absolutely needed was available then trade up otherwise trade down or shut up

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
    NE trades down alot more than they trade up. For that reason, this trade doesn't
    look real likely to me.

It has been speculated that New England who has more picks than it needs this year might and I say might trade up to get a player they want. Who knows!!

I was tempted to just draft Rey Maualuga at 23 , not Ron Brace.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    NE trades down alot more than they trade up. For that reason, this trade doesn't
    look real likely to me.

Leave a comment:

• Bowie Man
    replied
    BTW, that 3rd round would be incredible! McBath is a playmaker and Brinkley can really lay the wood. I've already said I doubt Brinkley'd be available, but it'd be awesome if he was. Like I and others said before though, we shouldn't take two NTs early, but if we got a pass-rusher in the 1st at 23(English, Johnson, or Ayers), I wouldn't mind Brace and Scott at 47 and 48. I wouldn't necessarily be for it(Brace might be gone anyway), but I wouldn't be against it.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeBlueCrew
    replied
    I was loving this until I saw Cullen Harper, take it from someone who watched him play all year. HE IS TERRIBLE. NEVER EVER EVER put this guy on a mock draft again.

Leave a comment:

• kratos_godofwar
    replied
    Yeah, Ron Brace at 23 would be horrid. That's not worth the risk if we went with Moreno at 18. If we go Moreno at 18 we need to go Pass Rusher at 23. That's more of a concern and with 2 2nd round picks, getting Brace in the 2nd shouldn't be too hard to pull. Now if we go pass rusher/Maualuga with 18, then Brace at 23 is valid because we can risk spending an extra 1st on a NT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X