Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24TheCHAMP24
    replied
    I dont have a problem with the picks but with buffalo trading peters I highly doubt any of those four tackles make it past 11. There are too many tackle needy teams picking in front of us

1 Detroit needs a tackle

2 St Louis needs a tackle

3 K.c. needs a tackle

4 Seattle needs a tackle

5 Cleveland all set with Thomas

6 Cincy needs a tackle

7 Oakland needs a tackle

8 Jacksonville needs a tackle

9 Green Bay needs a tackle

10 S.f. needs a tackle

11 Buffalo needs a tackle

That leaves only 1 team in the top 11 that we know for sure will not draft a tackle. With the other 10 teams having needs I seriously doubt any of the big 4 make it to 12

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    I like Dorrell Scott as well, many are sleeping on him but I really thuink he could be one of the better values in this draft and be a solid starter for many years. He has the physical tools, if puts it all together up stairs, he will be good!

Leave a comment:

• bronx is burnin
    replied
    I'm no expert on how the pick points work and I'm not about to look them up but I'm pretty sure those two pics don't add up to the 12ths value maybe if they gave us kc's second instead of theirs or threw in another pick in the third or fourth round remember its them who would want to trade up so they would have to give up a lil more, plus idk if they would trade with the pats after they leaked info on the trade talks that led to mcjaygate
    Last edited by bronx is burnin; 04-20-2009, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• osubroncos86
    replied
    I'd sleep on Harper, but other than that good mock.

Leave a comment:

• Bowie Man
    replied
    It's OK, but I wouldn't take two NTs early.

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied
    if Bj Raji is gone at 12 - Mock Draft

My #1 Player in the draft is BJ Raji. I realize that he might be long gone before Denver picks. So here is my Mock without him.

Using Wes Bunting's Mock Draft.
    Football betting news and picks with focus on NFL, college football and sports betting legalization updates across the United States.

Free Agents

Vonnie Holliday - DE
    Denver signs Holliday to a 2 year contract bringing a Veteran 3-4 Defensive End to the Broncos.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

2009 NFL DRAFT

*****Trade***** Surprise trade - Denver Broncos trade it's 12th Pick to New England for it's 1st(23rd and 2nd Round Pick(47) , New England selects Andre Smith or Michael Ohr at Tackle.
    New England has too many picks and realizes that Drafting a dominate Tackle will keep Tom Brady up right.

1st Round Pick(18)------------------Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia - Denver gets the #1 RB in the draft at 18 and will make Denver's Offense the most Balanced since The SuperBowl years.

1st Round Pic(23)--------------------Ron Brace NT Boston College - Denver drafts this HUGE NT 6'3" 330lbs early but has to address it's NT spot.

2nd Round Pick(47)-------------------Lawerence Sidbury OLB Richmond - Denver gets this explosive DE/OLB Hybrid. Could be the steal of the draft.

2nd Round Pick(48)-------------------Dorrell Scott NT/DE Denver adds this big Clemson DT to the team. Has huge upside. 6'3" 314lbs - Dorrell Scott is my SLEEPER pick in the draft.

3rd Round Pick------------------------Darcel McBath FS Texas Tech McBath is a great Safety who can cover the pass.

3rd Round Pick-------------------------Jasper Brinkley ILB South Carolina Big THUMPER in the middle.

4th Round Pick--------------------------Austin Collie WR BYU 6'1" 200lbs Excellent WR for McDaniels system.

5th Round Pick--------------------------Zach Potter DE 6'7" 279lbs Excellent DE to learn from Holliday.

6th Round Pick--------------------------Terrance Knighton NT/DE Temple Denver adds another BIG DT to the team.

7th Round Pick---------------------------Cullen Harper QB Clemson.

7th Round Pick---------------------------Worrell Williams LB Cal DJ's Brother.

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
    Trades that happen before the Draft

Cleveland Browns trade Braylon Edwards to the NY Giants for it's 1st and 3rd Round Picks.

Arizonia Cardinals trade Anquon Bolden to Philadelphia Eagles for Philly's 1st(21) and 3rd Round Picks.

Cleveland Browns trade Brady Quinn to Detroit Lions for it's 1st(20th).

2009 NFL Draft

1. Detroit Lions----------------------Jason Smith Tackle Baylor.
    2. St Louis---------------------------Eugene Monroe Tackle Virginia
    3. Kansas City-----------------------Arron Curry
    4. Seattle----------------------------Andre Smith
    5. Cleveland-------------------------Matthew Stafford
    6. Cincinnati Bengals---------------Crabtree
    7. Oakland Raiders------------------Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri
    8. Jacksonville Jaguars-------------*****Trade Denver trades it's 1st(18) and 3rd(79th) to Jacksonville for the 8th Pick Denver selects Brian Orakpo
    9. The Washington Redskins trade their 1st(13) and 2010 2nd Round Pick to Greenbay. Washington selects Mark Sanchez
    10. San Franscico 49ers--------------Aaron Maybin OLB Penn St.
    11. Buffalo Bills-----------------------Everrette Brown
    12. Denver-----------------------B.J. Raji NT
    13. Greenbay--------------------------Tyson Jackson DE LSU
    14. New Orleans Saints---------------Chris Beannie Wells RB Ohio St.
    15. Houston Texans-------------------Vontae Davis
    16. San Diego Chargers---------------Rey maualuga
    17. NY Jets-----------------------------Josh Freeman
    18. Jacksonville--------------------Darius Heyward Bey WR
    19. Tampa Bay----------------------------Peria Jerry DT Ole Miss
    20. Cleveland Browns---------------------Robert Ayers OLB Tennesee
    21. Arizonia Cardinals--------------------Donald Brown, RB, Connecticut
    22. Minnesota Vikings--------------------Hakeem Nicks WR
    23. Atlanta Falcolns----------------------Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
    24. New England Patriots----------------Clay Matthews Jr OLB USC
    25. Miami Dolphins-----------------------Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
    26. Baltimore Ravens---------------------Malcom Jenkins
    27. Indianapolis Colts--------------------Evander Hood
    28. Philadelphia Eagles-------------------Knowshon Moreno
    29. Cleveland Browns--------------------James Laurinaitis ILB Ohio State
    30. Tennessee Titans---------------------Percy Harvin WR Florida
    31. Arizonia Cardinals--------------------Larry English OLB Northern Illinios
    32. Pittsburgh Steelers-------------------Eric Wood Center Louisville.

[/B]
    There i fixed it. I changed the draft order and some picks. This is the way i see it going down.
    Last edited by FlowdaBroncoFan; 04-17-2009, 10:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Goatmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Exactly. I would rather take Orakpo over Raji. If Orakpo is there @ 8 and we move up i would select him not Raj. i would trade pick 18 and 79 to jacksonville. this way we can get Orakpo (by your draft) and i think Raji will fall to 12 anyways. This way we get Orakpo and Raji. How would that look on our defense.
    orakpo's too stiff in coverage at his drills. not a linebacker

Leave a comment:

• 24TheCHAMP24
    replied
    Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Exactly. I would rather take Orakpo over Raji. If Orakpo is there @ 8 and we move up i would select him not Raj. i would trade pick 18 and 79 to jacksonville. this way we can get Orakpo (by your draft) and i think Raji will fall to 12 anyways. This way we get Orakpo and Raji. How would that look on our defense.

God I hope not!!! Say not to Orakpo. He does not fit the 3-4!!

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by swankattack86 View Post
    How does one forget Curry and Orakpo? 2 of the biggest and best defensive players in the draft.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Also,

The Browns own the following draft picks:

Rd 1, Pick 5 (5)
    Rd 2, Pick 4 (36)
    Rd 2, Pick 18 (50)
    Rd 4, Pick 4 (104)
    Rd 6, Pick 4 (177)

The trade that makes the most sense for the Browns is: Anderson for a 3rd or 4th round selection, say the Lions.

Lions trade their 3rd round pick (#82) to the Browns for Anderson. Leaving the Browns with the following.

Rd 1, Pick 5 (5)
    Rd 2, Pick 4 (36)
    Rd 2, Pick 18 (50)
    Rd 3, Pick 18 (82)
    Rd 4, Pick 4 (104)
    Rd 6, Pick 4 (177)

Using Draft Countdown's Recent Mock Draft the Browns could end up with the following draft.

Rd 1, Pick 5 (5) = Michael Crabtree, WR
    Rd 2, Pick 4 (36) = Larry English, OLB
    Rd 2, Pick 18 (50) = Rashad Johnson, S
    Rd 3, Pick 18 (82) = Andre Brown, RB
    Rd 4, Pick 4 (104) = Ramses Barden, WR

The above situation would give the Browns a WR opposite Edwards (for at least this season), a Pass Rushing OLB, a Safety, a RB that could be a gem, and another Reciever for extra depth. Then, by next year the Browns would have a better sense of whether Quinn has progressed or if they need to turn to another option.

Leave a comment:

• 24TheCHAMP24
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    If there is an "open competition" it raises the possible compensation for Anderson. The reason for this is:

1 - He is "challenging" the young Quinn in the eyes of the rest of the NFL
    2 - Anderson could be a viable starter in the eyes of the rest of the NFL

So a team like the Lions. They see this competition and they remember the season Anderson had a few years ago when he made the Pro Bowl. Quinn hasn't been to a Pro Bowl yet. But Anderson has. They jump at the shot and land themselves a QB with Pro Bowl experience.

Browns get a draft pick (maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick). Lions get their "QB". Browns are happy ... Lions are happy for the time being.

If there wasn't an open competition. What happened last year? The mantle was passed. Quinn was declared the starter. That leaves Anderson on the out. When teams know a player has worn out his welcome and is leaving - why trade for him? They can just pick him up in a few months with a less burdensome contract and keep their draft picks.
    I got news for you a qb competition isnt going to raise Andersons value around the league. People are going to break down the film of him during his time in the league and from that they will have formed their opinions.

The reason a team trades for somebody as apposed to trying to sign him once they are released is because once the player is a free agent you have to bid against other teams financially. The player gets no say in where they are going usally. A team like detroit has a hard time selling fre agents. Many teams trade for players that are sure to get released as we did with Dewayne Robertson.

I dont disagree with the stuff that you are saying about your team and your offense but as an outsider looking in your new front office has done absolutley nothing to show that Quinn is their man and they have had time to do it.

1. They could just come out and say he is the starter

2. They could trade away Derek Anderson

3. They were in on the Jay cutler sweep stakes

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
    You tell me if Anderson is sooooo bad and quinn is as talented as you would lead us to believe, Then why has your new regime not come out and handed Quinn the job?? If for no other reason then to know for sure what they were left with and whether they can win with him or they need to go in another direction at qb.

Once again why have they not just handed Quinn the job?
    If there is an "open competition" it raises the possible compensation for Anderson. The reason for this is:

1 - He is "challenging" the young Quinn in the eyes of the rest of the NFL
    2 - Anderson could be a viable starter in the eyes of the rest of the NFL

So a team like the Lions. They see this competition and they remember the season Anderson had a few years ago when he made the Pro Bowl. Quinn hasn't been to a Pro Bowl yet. But Anderson has. They jump at the shot and land themselves a QB with Pro Bowl experience.

Browns get a draft pick (maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick). Lions get their "QB". Browns are happy ... Lions are happy for the time being.

If there wasn't an open competition. What happened last year? The mantle was passed. Quinn was declared the starter. That leaves Anderson on the out. When teams know a player has worn out his welcome and is leaving - why trade for him? They can just pick him up in a few months with a less burdensome contract and keep their draft picks.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 04-16-2009, 09:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nrj489
    replied
    No it is not.

Look at the Browns on a position to position basis based off positions that need improvement or were effected in the above trades/drafts.

QB
    Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Richard Bartel

Synopsis: A young unproven QB that hasn't had a chance to play a full season but has been in the NFL 2 years, a QB that had one fluke season in which he did "ok" at best and two subpar seasons, and some scrub.

RB
    Jamal Lewis, Jerome Harrison, Noah Herron, Allen Patrick, Marcus Thomas

Synopsis: An over the hill RB, a RB that has looked good in the few times he's played, scrub that played for the Packers, two more scrubs

WR
    Braylon Edwards, Joshua Cribbs, David Patten, Paul Hubbard, Syndric Steptoe, Lance Leggett, Devale Ellis
    Synopsis: A young WR who had a down year, a PRO Bowl kick and punt returner, an aged veteran on his second stint with the Browns, two players coming off their rookie seasons, and two scrubs.

ILB
    D'Qwell Jackson, Eric Barton, Leon Williams, Beau Bell, Kris Griffin, Titus Brown, David Holloway
    Synopsis: Two quality starters, Williams is young and showed sparks from time to time (probably in last season w/ team), a player coming off rookie season, 3 scrubs

OLB
    Kamerion Wimbley, David Bowens, Alex Hall
    Synopsis: Wimbley is young and talented but needs help in pass rush, Bowens is a vet that provides depth at the position, Hall is young and could be a depth player

Safety
    Brodney Pool, Mike Adams, Nick Sorensen, Hamza Abdullah
    Synopsis: Pool is a quality starter. The rest are depth players (if they should even be on the team)

Trading away Quinn and Edwards leaves the Browns in a horrid position where the following is the situation:

QB
    Derek Anderson, Richard Bartel
    Synopsis: Anderson is a short term solution and does not provide a quality starter. The Browns need to draft a franchise QB since they traded away the only one that they had. So, what's the season going to be like? Long and bad. Top 3 draft pick next year, where the Browns have to draft another young QB, wait 2-3 more years till he adjusts to the game then maybe have a winning season.

WR
    Michael Crabtree, Joshua Cribbs, David Patten, Paul Hubbard, Syndric Steptoe, Lance Leggett, Devale Ellis
    Synopsis: Though not liked by the fans, Edwards has been traded away, leaving the Browns with a rookie starting at WR, a Special Teams Star at WR, an over the hill veteran, and complete unknowns at Wide Reciever. What was above a subpar recieving corp is now the worst in the NFL. The Browns are in a position where they have all their eggs in one basket (Crabtree, who has never played a down in the NFL, will have to learn on the fly and hope he adjusts to the NFL). Cribbs is an electric special teams player, but has never been a consistant reciever, Patten was a decent reciever 5 years ago, and the rest nobodies who will have to be somebodies.

I'm not even going to get into the quagmire at the LB position in the above trade/draft scenario.
    Dude, I dont care what anybody else says on this forum, you are incredibly intelligent. Ive been reading these forums all the time every day for the past few months and I'd say 90% of the comments I read are written by stupid amature adolescents who can't seem to string together one well written thought. Every post I have read of yours is always well thought out and intelligent, unlike the majority of the people on here who believe everything they hear from the media and repeat said info to sound intelligent. Especially that eddie royal kid...jesus. But anyway I fully agree with you on the trade scenarios. There isn't a chance in hell that happens. I often feel people attribute their mock draft picks to what they would personally like to see happen, not what is realistic. I salute you

Mock Draft overall, Fail. By the way, to the poster, the Broncos will not be drafting a RB in the first round. Take a look at the 2007 Patriots. Did they have a featured franchise back? An explosive talent? No. It was a backfield by COMMITTEE. Oh and didn't they go undefeated? Yes. So shut up with the RB talk in the first round, it's not Mcdaniels' strategy and not what he is looking for.

Leave a comment:

• 24TheCHAMP24
    replied
    Even if that was a fluke season by Edwards, the Browns still could use his services this year rather than having to start a rookie. Even if Edwards is a fluke whatever production he could have this year would be with the Browns and the Browns would benefit from having 2 young recievers - even if Edwards leaves the following year in which case (if they keep Quinn) they can just draft another reciever next year to compliment Crabtree. What has more potential:

QB: Quinn
    WR: Crabtree & Edwards

or

QB: Anderson
    WR: Crabtree

A situation where you have a young QB and two young recievers

or

A situation where you have Anderson who proved he was a fluke with a rookie reciever.

You tell me if Anderson is sooooo bad and quinn is as talented as you would lead us to believe, Then why has your new regime not come out and handed Quinn the job?? If for no other reason then to know for sure what they were left with and whether they can win with him or they need to go in another direction at qb.

Once again why have they not just handed Quinn the job?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X