Level of Draft Excitement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level of Draft Excitement

I dont mean to flame anybody for being excited about this draft, but I'm just not thrilled about it by any means. Something about it just doesnt excite me this year, even though we have two first round picks. No players just jump out at me that we must have other than maybe BJ Raji.

Although Xandaniels have signed good free agents imo, I'm hoping they can pull out a solid draft and not do anything progressive like spend two firsts to move up a couple spots no matter whom the player is. Im just not sure about the way things are going with the Broncos so I need some kind of good vibes to come out of this draft.

I mean looking at the roster, it was basically gutted defensively and the rock of the offense was rejected to be the head corner stone in Chicago. How we can recover from that in one draft unless Kyle Montana shows up when the season starts, is beyond me.

I dont think we have enough picks this year and even if we did, this draft class doesn't impress me right now, although I am somewhat uniformed as far as collegiate player evaluation.

So with all that said, how excited are you about the draft considering we have two first round picks.
    Gonna party like its 1983 all weekend!!!
    16.67%
    The Broncos have 2 first rounders and Im pumped!!
    57.41%
    Wait and see approach, then maybe ill be excited.
    20.37%
    What draft?
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    I dont mean to flame anybody for being excited about this draft, but I'm just not thrilled about it by any means. Something about it just doesnt excite me this year, even though we have two first round picks. No players just jump out at me that we must have other than maybe BJ Raji.

Although Xandaniels have signed good free agents imo, I'm hoping they can pull out a solid draft and not do anything progressive like spend two firsts to move up a couple spots no matter whom the player is. Im just not sure about the way things are going with the Broncos so I need some kind of good vibes to come out of this draft.

I mean looking at the roster, it was basically gutted defensively and the rock of the offense was rejected to be the head corner stone in Chicago. How we can recover from that in one draft unless Kyle Montana shows up when the season starts, is beyond me.

I dont think we have enough picks this year and even if we did, this draft class doesn't impress me right now, although I am somewhat uniformed as far as collegiate player evaluation.

So with all that said, how excited are you about the draft considering we have two first round picks.
    Extremely so I mean not a lot of huge names but i see a ton of potential in a few different defensive players and some late round QB's I honestly can't wait i think it'll be an amazing draft
    "Just waiting for the draft"

Kyle Orton Army Fan Club #33

Comment

Im super excited.

Comment

im with you, not to many flashy players. I guess I am just hoping that we get some good d-line man out of it. even though deep down you want that flashy player which for us this year is not something we need, we need the base 1st.
        plus im not to thrilled with the direction of mcdummy and am worried that hes going to screw this up too...hope not
        sigpic

Comment

Im soo excited that im ditching all my classes tomorrow just so i can get ready for it!
          :salute!::go::go::salute!:

I'm watching all 7 rounds!
          Last edited by Den615; 04-23-2009, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Draft day is pretty boring if you ask me. However, this year due to the massive changes going on at Dove Valley, the transformation of the team, if you will, you've got to be excited to look forward to this draft
            This draft is extremely important for the Broncos. This is perhaps one of the biggest draft in team history in terms of relevancy and importance. Not only our season success rides on it, but the future of the franchise as well...
            sigpic
            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Originally posted by JonesboroBronco View Post
              Extremely so I mean not a lot of huge names but i see a ton of potential in a few different defensive players and some late round QB's I honestly can't wait i think it'll be an amazing draft
              McDaniels can pick a late round project and develop him for a couple years, and it would be a wise move.

But Im not so sure that picking a guy early with the intention of letting him develop for a couple years is good for McDaniels' job security, so he wont do it even if its in the best interests of the franchise.

Comment

I have six finals to study for but I'm not going to.

I'm way too excited.

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                  Draft day is pretty boring if you ask me. However, this year due to the massive changes going on at Dove Valley, the transformation of the team, if you will, you've got to be excited to look forward to this draft
                  This draft is extremely important for the Broncos. This is perhaps one of the biggest draft in team history in terms of relevancy and importance. Not only our season success rides on it, but the future of the franchise as well...
                  Thats the key, this draft is so critical that it concerns me a little bit. Really, every draft is like that, but we traded away such an important chunk of our on-field production that we better darn well get something back for that in return.

Comment

I'm really excited and can't wait for the Draft to start. Offseason is soo long and most of the time things happen behind closed doors and you just get some information when deals are done, so I'm very glad that there is at least some NFL live-action in the offseason.
                    Ok, it's by far not as good as the season, but at least there's something to get excited about outside of the regular season. It's fun that I'll get to stay up the whole night for the first time since Superbowl to catch some football-stuff and that makes me happy!
                    sigpic

BRING BACK ORANGE!!

Comment

I am pretty pumped there is a lot of defensive talent , and they will match up with some of our new F.A.'s . !!

Comment

excited ... not in the least bit , but im not a Bronco's fan either !!!

i am looking forward to seeing what you guy's do in this years draft . should be interesting.

Comment

Whats the draft?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco#6 View Post
                            Whats the draft?
                            No offense but are you being serious?
                            "Just waiting for the draft"

Kyle Orton Army Fan Club #33

Comment

I'm just interested to see who the names will be when in 10 years everyone laughs at us in disgust as they say "they basically traded Cutler for [2009 1st round draft bust] and [2010 1st round draft bust]"

Comment

Working...
                              X