If this happened....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this happened....

Percy Harvin falls to third roung, would you take him?

Recievers seem to fall every year, with his failed drug test, questionable character, and being slightly injury proned, MAYBE it happens. (I dont think it will personally, however weirder things have happened) Would you take the chance? Its not a need, but would relieve Royal on PR could make special packages for him, and eventually replace Stokely in the slot, maybe even a third down rb role, he has experience back there too

If he fell to the 3rd I probably would, but it wont happen. He'll still go early 2nd at the latest

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
      If he fell to the 3rd I probably would, but it wont happen. He'll still go early 2nd at the latest
      That's what I would think. Harvin is just too good of a football player to fall to the 3rd.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Raji? see Dorsey or Ellis in 08 draft.

I remember Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis getting better hype than Raji has.

and Ellis only got 4 sacks (from GB, SF, DET,and CHI) pretty crappy O-Lines IMO

Dorsey got only 1 (from SD)

Let's please go OLB or DE in the first round and try to get a DT in the later rounds.
        Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #10

Creator of the smiley

Comment

It isnt the NT responsiblity to get sacks in the 3-4. They are supposed to just eat up as many blockers as possible freeing up the Linebackers. Sacks are just an added bonus from them.
          sigpic

Comment

Sacks aren't really what you're looking for from DTs, especially in a 3-4. Also, it's one of the hardest positions to transition to the NFL, it takes a few years of development usually. I still expect Ellis to be a very good player, and Dorsey could be too if he can stay healthy.

The nose tackle is probably the most important position in the 3-4, and it has to be our biggest priority right now. If Raji is available, we really have to take him. Beyond him though, the NT talent drops off, the rest of the first round DTs fit better in a 4-3 I think. So yeah, if we miss out on him, DE and OLB is the way to go. :salute!:
            The Denver Broncos, aka THE NFL'S NEXT DYNASTY

Comment

I want an "Eddie Royal" player that I haven't heard of and be pleasantly surprised rather than a high profile player.
              Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #10

Creator of the smiley

Comment

Harvin still wont make it out of the frist round.
                sigpic

Comment

DT is one of the hardest positions to adjust to in the NFL. Its right up there with QB in terms of a learning curve. It is far too early to judge Dorsey and Ellis. Seriously people need to be more patient. Besides all players are different, just because a DT didnt make an impact last year doesnt mean the same thing will happen this year.

Comment

Going with your posit, and saying he's still on the board when we're up with our first pick in the 3rd at #79, you gotta ask yourself: who else is still available.

Yes, he's good. And fast. And a play-maker. And possibly one of those "best athletes" when the time has come. But we have Eddie Royal.

WR is not a pressing need. It ranks behind RB and QB for "need."

Are Jasper Brinkley (ILB), Paul Kruger (DE), Dorrell Scott (NT), Antoine Caldwell (C/OG), Connor Barwin (DE/OLB), Shonne Green (RB), Yew Nameit (BPA) still available?

Do we have bigger needs? Of course.

Tempting? No.

Comment

Jenkins at Safety?

We have heard so much discussion as to how Jenkins stacks up against the other CBs in this class, and how most people feel he is the superior corner, but at the same time many draftniks think he may be relegated to playing safety and will be a good one at that.

So, how does Jenkins stack up to players like Sean Smith, Rashad Johnson, Louis Delmas, Patrick Chung, William Moore and the likes?

Comment

Originally posted by Silent-Assassin View Post
                        I remember Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis getting better hype than Raji has.

and Ellis only got 4 sacks (from GB, SF, DET,and CHI) pretty crappy O-Lines IMO

Dorsey got only 1 (from SD)

Let's please go OLB or DE in the first round and try to get a DT in the later rounds.
                        1st round OLB is a crapshoot too. It usually takes 2-3 years to convert a DE into a complete 34 OLB. Most of the top OLB talent in some peoples opinion are the DE converts like Maybin and Sidbury who are similar to Moss and Crowder. You don't know how successful they will be either and are projects until they develop. The only true OLBs in the 1st round would be Cushing and Curry. Curry will be gone leaving only Cushing. At DE the only 1st round picks are Peria Jerry and Tyson jackson. Peria is much better suited to a 43 DT than 34 DE and Jackson is way overrated, IMO. He is very weak for someone his size and will get pushed around by OTs.

So it comes down to Raji, a DE convert project or Cushing, if we are only looking at OLBs and Dline. Out of those I would pick Raji in a heartbeat.
                        sigpic

Comment

When your run defense is as bad as ours, does it really matter what Dorsey and Ellis did last year? We need some seriously help man, and Raji is probably the best run stopper we can get.

Comment

Why don't we just draft a safety?
                            sigpic
                            I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Half of the final "mock drafts" I've seen of late by the experts, there is a very good shot Brian Orakpo could fall to us at #12.....
                              Ya think he might fall and/or we could/should get him?...

Comment

Working...
                              X