If this happened....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is better in the 4-3?

Adam Schefter reported that we wanted Orakpo and Knowshon Moreno, and the only team I think that might pick Orakpo before us is Buffalo at 11. But is he a better fit in the 4-3 than Robert Ayers? Buffalo might just take an OT if a good one's available, but if they want a DE will it be Orakpo or Ayers? I was just wondering cause I wasn't sure if most teams thought he could play in the 4-3.
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Orakpo is by far the better pick for a 43 DE, he is a beast. The reason he may fall is that he may not fit in a 34 as well at OLB. Even there he is a better choice than Ayers.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
        Adam Schefter reported that we wanted Orakpo and Knowshon Moreno, and the only team I think that might pick Orakpo before us is Buffalo at 11. But is he a better fit in the 4-3 than Robert Ayers? Buffalo might just take an OT if a good one's available, but if they want a DE will it be Orakpo or Ayers? I was just wondering cause I wasn't sure if most teams thought he could play in the 4-3.
        the only problem is we run a 3-4 now, so I really don't understand why your asking the question man...

Comment

Brian Orakpo is a 4-3 DE. Chris Long was lucky to remain a DE in the NFL. Look at Vernon Gholston. He was one of the few DEs that put a show on Jake Long in college. The Jets turned him into an OLB and he looked like a fish out of the water. The same might happen to Orakpo.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VABronco37 View Post
            the only problem is we run a 3-4 now, so I really don't understand why your asking the question man...
            The Bills run a 4-3, so they would pick the player that would do better in the 4-3, leaving the other player available at 12.

PS The reason I ask is because I don't know much about Ayers.
            sigpic
            Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Orakpo will be a best as an OLB for us. Plus isnt denver running a 3-4/4-3 hybrid this year. I pretty sure thats what danials said we were doing. Which would make sense for us to get Orakpo

Comment

got ya Bowie, didn't mean to put you out or anything, cause I know your a Vet here like me and all that...

Comment

Well Orakpo had more sacks in college, and he was a beast in the combine. I think he probably has more upside, but they both have a lot of potential either at DE in a 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4.

Comment

Working...
                  X