Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does tyson jackson stand up in denvers 3-4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does tyson jackson stand up in denvers 3-4?

that might be a stupid question but im not real familar with the 3-4
    Now go get your shine box

No, he would be a DE. Undersized for a 3-4 DE and without known experience as an interior lineman. He would probably spend most of the time laid on the ground pancaked by the OL.
    sigpic

Comment

At 6'4'' and almost 300 pounds he isn't undersized at all. Many scouts have compared him favorably to Richard Seymour of the Pats and he is rumored to possibly be going in the top 5 now. I would be ecstatic if we drated him as our D-end, or 5-technique, in our 3-4. That is the hardest position to fill effectively. I definately would like to have Seymour on our team.
      sigpic

MORENO THE TORNEDO

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        No, he would be a DE. Undersized for a 3-4 DE and without known experience as an interior lineman. He would probably spend most of the time laid on the ground pancaked by the OL.
        no he wouldnt. why do you have to lie to people

if jackson wouldnt work as a 3-4 end then why
        is he considered the best 3-4 defensive end in the entire draft.

football is obviously a sport you know nothing about

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
          no he wouldnt. why do you have to lie to people

if jackson wouldnt work as a 3-4 end then why
          is he considered the best 3-4 defensive end in the entire draft.

football is obviously a sport you know nothing about
          I agree that he would be on his back alot too. He is way to weak for that position. His height, weight, and speed have people fooled. Did he dominate the end in college? Not really. He played ok against the run in a system with 4 down linemen. In the 34 he will be trying to plug the middle without any help from a 4th lineman. He is projected so high because he is a 295 pound DE in a system where most DEs are 260 or so. He will be moving into a system where he is just average size at DE and his weakness will be exposed. Very similar to Jarvis Moss who couldn't control the end as a DE because of his lack of strength, Jackson won't be able to hold the point of attack in a 34 because of his lack of strength.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they don't know football. It just means they have a different opinion. The "experts" are not always right you know. Wasn't Ryan Leaf considered the next greatest thing by the experts?
          sigpic

Comment

How can you go from saying that everyone wants him bc he is 295 where most DE are 260 and then say he is undersized? Since when was over 6'4'' and 295 undersized? Combine that with his speed and burst off of the line and you could have a Richard Seymour clone. He is the best fit in the 5-technique end in the 3-4 in the entire draft by every expert and web site that is on the whole internet. Its not as if one or two ppl are saying that he may be a good fit for the 3-4. Literally everyone agrees and that is why he may go in the top 10 picks. You must be one of the posters on here hoping that we draft Sanchez and/or Moreno to boost our offense. I dunno about you, but I watched enough games last yr when we scored and then gave a TD right back unable to hold the lead. Not to mention, that was with one of the best young QB's in the league. We addressed our secondary through the free agency and still ahve one of the best corners in the league. That won't matter if we can't get pressure from our front seven. Hopefully all of this is just a smoke screen with the intent on trading up and grabbing Raji or Jackson. DEFENSE wins championships.
            sigpic

MORENO THE TORNEDO

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              I agree that he would be on his back alot too. He is way to weak for that position. His height, weight, and speed have people fooled. Did he dominate the end in college? Not really. He played ok against the run in a system with 4 down linemen. In the 34 he will be trying to plug the middle without any help from a 4th lineman. He is projected so high because he is a 295 pound DE in a system where most DEs are 260 or so. He will be moving into a system where he is just average size at DE and his weakness will be exposed. Very similar to Jarvis Moss who couldn't control the end as a DE because of his lack of strength, Jackson won't be able to hold the point of attack in a 34 because of his lack of strength.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they don't know football. It just means they have a different opinion. The "experts" are not always right you know. Wasn't Ryan Leaf considered the next greatest thing by the experts?
              Im so tired of hearing about his bench press. It doesnt mean much. Clady only did like 13 at the combine. I think he turned out alright.

Comment

Blockers get their power while pumping their legs. If at all, the combine should include a leg press
                "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Comment

Yea, go figure. We are not the holy experts who gathered in a round table and selected Cushing at 12 and Freeman at 18 for the Broncos. Wow, they are experts! Experts draft Ryan Leaf, Courtney Brown, Vince Young, Jarvis Moss... They know what they are doing! Usually, when you think about a 3-4 DE, you imagine a DT, someone with strenght and experience inside the line, not a guy that played 4-3 DE trying to close the edge and get to the QB.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                    Yea, go figure. We are not the holy experts who gathered in a round table and selected Cushing at 12 and Freeman at 18 for the Broncos. Wow, they are experts! Experts draft Ryan Leaf, Courtney Brown, Vince Young, Jarvis Moss... They know what they are doing! Usually, when you think about a 3-4 DE, you imagine a DT, someone with strenght and experience inside the line, not a guy that played 4-3 DE trying to close the edge and get to the QB.
                    Some players with good prospects don't work out. So what?

If drafting were an exact science there would never be mistakes. But, there are. Teams passed repeatedly on Terrell Davis and Tom Brady.

The Raiders drafted Robert Gallery and Darrell Russell #2 overall!

Go figure.

Jarvis Moss was a reach at #17, but he would have been taken by some other team in the top 25 picks if the Broncos didn't want him. In some other system, he might even be successful. We'll find out in a year or two if he can stick around the league.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                      Im so tired of hearing about his bench press. It doesnt mean much. Clady only did like 13 at the combine. I think he turned out alright.
                      I would agree that upper body strength isn't everything. However, the problem is that his lower body strength is sub par as well. His vertical and broad jumps were also low. What about him do they say makes him able to be a great 34 DE? Playing 34 DE is much more like playing DT in a 43 than DE and he hasn't done that very much. The only thing I hear about him is his size and speed which is the right size for the position. Speed isn't nearly as important as strength when you are trying to clog the middle. Tell me, if you had a choice all other things being equal, would you rather have someone who benched 19 times or someone who benched 28? a vertical of 37 or 28.5?

Gilbert has experience at DE and DT, he started 14 games at right defensive end, 10 at left defensive end, 12 at left defensive tackle, and two at right defensive tackle

stats for the last 3 years

Gilbert.............................Jackson

123/75........tackles/solo......109/45
                      37/183.........TF/yards.........25.5/108
                      18.5/122......sacks/yards......16/91

So jarron Gilbert has better stats, better combine measurables, and has experience at all 4 Dline positions yet Tyson Jackson is considered the better player even though he played with Glenn Dorsey, one of the more dominant recent college DTs? I would take Gilbert over Jackson any day.
                      sigpic

Comment

I would agree that upper body strength isn't everything. However, the problem is that his lower body strength is sub par as well. His vertical and broad jumps were also low. What about him do they say makes him able to be a great 34 DE? Playing 34 DE is much more like playing DT in a 43 than DE and he hasn't done that very much. The only thing I hear about him is his size and speed which is the right size for the position. Speed isn't nearly as important as strength when you are trying to clog the middle. Tell me, if you had a choice all other things being equal, would you rather have someone who benched 19 times or someone who benched 28? a vertical of 37 or 28.5?

Gilbert has experience at DE and DT, he started 14 games at right defensive end, 10 at left defensive end, 12 at left defensive tackle, and two at right defensive tackle

So jarron Gilbert has better stats, better combine measurables, and has experience at all 4 Dline positions yet Tyson Jackson is considered the better player even though he played with Glenn Dorsey, one of the more dominant recent college DTs? I would take Gilbert over Jackson any day.
                        I agree with this 100% and have for a long time. People are scared of Gilbert being a workout warrior but they have not watched the tape or even followed what he did in his career.

He not only can be the best 3-4 DE in this draft but he adds pass rushing skills that you won't get in Jackson. He would give us flexibility similar to a little bigger version of Justin Tuck.... In fact his flexibility on the DL will be something we haven't had since Pryce.

Comment

Jackson could play DT(part-time) or DE(full-time)...
                          He played a small bit of DT in college and played well, but mostly played DE(of course).
                          But he does have the size to be a quick DT and bring a strong pass rush to the QB in that postion.
                          I see him though as a VERY strong and fast DE and in our 3-4 he would be dominant...

Comment

Originally posted by VABronco37 View Post
                            Jackson could play DT(part-time) or DE(full-time)...
                            He played a small bit of DT in college and played well, but mostly played DE(of course).
                            But he does have the size to be a quick DT and bring a strong pass rush to the QB in that postion.
                            I see him though as a VERY strong and fast DE and in our 3-4 he would be dominant...
                            How is he so strong? 19 bench reps, and poor vertical/broad jumps? Just because he is 6-4, 295 doesn't make him strong. Stronger than most of us yes, strong for his size and position, no.
                            sigpic

Comment

Gilbert also played against much weaker competition. The Talent in the SEC is much greater than the talent in the WAC.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X