Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does tyson jackson stand up in denvers 3-4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still not seeing how he loses his advantage. It's not like the OTs or OGs gain 20 pounds when the play the 3-4

Comment

i created a monster (the thread)
      Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        No, he would be a DE. Undersized for a 3-4 DE and without known experience as an interior lineman. He would probably spend most of the time laid on the ground pancaked by the OL.
        Research, research, research. If he's undersized for a 3-4 DE, then I'm undersized for a peewee Football Offensive Tackle.
        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          I'm still not seeing how he loses his advantage. It's not like the OTs or OGs gain 20 pounds when the play the 3-4
          As a 43 DE he is going up against a TE many times when he lines up wide. If he is doubled teamed it might be a TE and RB or TE and OT maybe even OT/RB. In a 34 he is always up against an OT and if double teamed it could be from an OG and the OT or TE and OT again. You are just more often than not going against bigger, stronger players in the 34 than you would in a 43. Playing against tackles and guards more often would take away some of his effectiveness that he had playing against smaller TEs and RBs. With his size he could dominate TEs whereas 260 pound 43 DEs are more on the same level as the TEs, he won't be able to do that with guards.
          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 04-24-2009, 08:57 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Hamburgler View Post
            I did not say that the WAC does not have good players, I just said that the SEC has more talent. Each and every week, Tyson Jackson went up agaisnt future NFL players. Jarron Gilbert did not line up agaisnt future NFL'ers each and every week. And Jarron Gilbert didn't really dominate until this year, is he a one year wonder? Tyson Jackson has been solid consistently for years now. That is another reason why he is higher, even though his stats aren't as "great". And just remember, stats aren't everything...
            Gilbert did dominate. He had 22 tackles for loss and 9 sacks. Those numbers were posted while playing DT.

I agree that the competition in the SEC is much tougher, but wouldn't you agree that the fact that Gilbert faced frequent double and triple teams suggests that maybe he faced tougher competition than Tyson Jackson who was not double teamed frequently?
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
            X