20. Detroit Lions (from DAL): Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC

21. Philadelphia Eagles: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

22. Minnesota Vikings: Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

23. New England Patriots: Donald Brown, RB, Connecticut

24. Atlanta Falcons: Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

25. Miami Dolphins: Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

26. Baltimore Ravens: Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State

27. Indianapolis Colts: Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi

28. Buffalo Bills (from PHI, which received from CAR): Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma

29. New York Giants: Clay Matthews, OLB, USC

30. Tennessee Titans: Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut

31. Arizona Cardinals: Everette Brown, DE, Florida State

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Max Unger, C, Oregon

Wow...with Jackson, Orakpo and Raji going before us...that's like worst case scenario for those of us touting defense!!

This is why I think you may see the Broncos trade up...like to #8 with Jacksonville...give up one of the 3rds and get one of the top 3 defensive players out there.

Kiper and company will be going nuts thinking the Broncos want Sanchez (if he's still out there...) but we'll really get that stud defensive player.

Jim

Comment

Kiper may be the dumbest human being alive. I guess he didn't get the memo that Wells stood us up on a workout. If McD is willing to trade a franchise QB because of a falling out I am willing to bet he will pass right by any player in the draft who has skipped a workout.

Kiper should be fired for his ignorance. It seems every year he gets dumber and dumber.

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more vannestjc. I would love to see us get Jackson and then another D starter with the 2nd pick. If we pick Wells you might here me scream in agony all the way from Ohio.

Comment

the draft scenarios that are coming out are getting worse and worse for Denver. The Broncos need to move up and get Raji if he is there at 8.

Comment

why would we draft Wells when he missed the workout he had scheduled with us and, from everything I've read, are very high on Moreno?

Comment

If the Chefs take a defensive lineman, it's going to be Raji. There's no way they can be convinced that Dorsey can play the nose. Even if they are, Raji can still play DE in a 3-4. That's what people would talk about whenever they mention Raji going to the Browns, if the Browns take him and keep Rogers. Since it came out that Raji did not fail a drug test, he is clearly worth a top five pick. Why would the Chefs want to pay big money to a DE that isn't a big time pass rusher?

I think the Broncos would take Aaron Maybin over Ayers. That would give them an OLB that can rush the passer.

My only complaint, if they take Beanie Wells, would be if Maualuga is still on the board as Kiper has him. I don't see how the Broncos can pass on Maualuga in favor of Wells. If Maualuga is gone by the #18 pick, then Wells makes sense.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                Kiper may be the dumbest human being alive. I guess he didn't get the memo that Wells stood us up on a workout. If McD is willing to trade a franchise QB because of a falling out I am willing to bet he will pass right by any player in the draft who has skipped a workout.

Kiper should be fired for his ignorance. It seems every year he gets dumber and dumber.
                Wow, I couldn't agree more. Serioulsy, some people just say that, but I feel that you stole the words directly from my mouth.

How could anyone that gets paid to do this for a living have Beanie Wells going to the Broncos???!!! I am a casual fan and I know this isn't going to happen, yet this man is getting paid to put his ugly mug on tv and he doesn't even bother to read widely available information?
                Posted by DrunkPanda immediately after Denver took Knowshon Moreno with the 12th pick in the 1st round

"obviously [email protected] is very confused. he tihnks he is still the offensive coordinator, not the headcoach. he will probably draft offense with the rest of his picks, forgetting that defensive positions even exist in football"

Let's see how this hilarious prediction unfolds is as the draft continues.

Comment

Can somebody explain to me why Everette Brown is dropping that bad? Is it something that he did, or did he not measure up in combine numbers, or is it just one of those things where if he slips past a certain number of teams he just completely falls out of the picture? I thought he would be a decent choice at 18..

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post

Year in, year out Kiper is one of the most accurate guys in the business. You should be fired for making such stupid assumptions.

Comment

There is no way KC is dumb enough to pass over Curry for Jackson. What team in their right mind would pass over the best D player in the draft if they needed him?
                      Keep the traditions alive! :salute!:

Comment

I would shoot myself if that is what we wound up with. And if we have to take a RB in the first round we better choose Knowshon Moreno.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BRINGBAKPLUMMER View Post
                          Year in, year out Kiper is one of the most accurate guys in the business. You should be fired for making such stupid assumptions.

What? The random picking monkey beat him two of the past three years... Yeah, a real life monkey drawing names out of a hat beat him in accuracy... Take out #1 and the guys first round is like 16% accurate...

Comment

Originally posted by BRINGBAKPLUMMER View Post
                            Yes! Best post of the day! I definitely got a good laugh out of this one.

If I thought you really believed this then I'd offer you this wager - Over under for picks Mel has correct in his latest mock - 8.5. If he gets 9 or more out of 32 picks right then you win. Thats only about 30% of the picks in the 1st round that he has to get right for you to win. I'm betting he does not, although if you get paid to do this for a living you should get 30% right don't you think?
                            Posted by DrunkPanda immediately after Denver took Knowshon Moreno with the 12th pick in the 1st round

"obviously [email protected] is very confused. he tihnks he is still the offensive coordinator, not the headcoach. he will probably draft offense with the rest of his picks, forgetting that defensive positions even exist in football"

Let's see how this hilarious prediction unfolds is as the draft continues.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out why we pick Ayers there? The thing I don't think these draft "experts" understand is you can't just plug in a DE to any system and make it work. In a 3-4, the DEs, just like the NT are NOT edge rushers. They need to be big bodies that take up space. I am looking at the steelers roster, and I see one guy who is under 290 on the D-line (Brett Keisel), and everyone else is 298+. The same thing goes on the Patriots roster, and probably for every 3-4 defense.

Ayers is listed at 270 (which is generous) and I haven't read anywhere that he has much room to bulk up. We can't just pick a D-lineman to have another D-lineman. If we want a 270 pound DE, we have Jarvis Moss already on the team. So what, would we convert him to OLB? Again, that is crazy because we already have two project players at that position. OH, and Cushing is still available, who is already an OLB.

I think Ayers will be good in the right system, but he is a tweener in the 3-4, and we need someone who can come in and start THIS year.

If the value isn't there, and we can't find a guy that fits the system, then I say we trade back, take the BPA regardless of position, or my personal favorite ... trade out of 2009 and into 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X